Help for my home heating report RT2012 (Landes)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
jis
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jis » 07/09/13, 18:24

Hello friends, maybe you can help me! I want to build my house myself, but with the new RT2012 standards it makes my job a bit more difficult. I would like someone who can help or advise me regarding my air and water heating, insulation etc ...

Note: 80m² cubic house.

Apparently the air / air heat pump for heating and air conditioning + thermodynamic water heater would be the least expensive solution for me.

An opinion ? Thank you all.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/13, 08:39

Hi and welcome.

The RT2012 standard is no longer current, it has been replaced by BBC ...

If you are building a new house, your architect will do the heat balance and put the necessary thicknesses of insulation. This assessment concerns as much the insulation and chassis as the type of heating.

You can use the tools given above to estimate your future energy needs.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/13, 09:29

The RT2012 standard is no longer current, it has been replaced by BBC ...

No. This expression is unfortunate. Finally wrong!

RT 2012 is a regulations. It is in effect. Any new construction must respect it, otherwise, in principle, no building permit.

BBC is a label and a standard (like "passive house").

It turns out that RT 2012 "aligns" the regulations (the regulatory requirement "with that of an" average "BBC building.

So we can say that RT 2012 requires that a building be BBC.

The Grenelle Environment plans to divide it up
new by 3 thanks to new regulations
thermal, known as RT 2012.
To achieve this objective, the ceiling of
50kWhEP / (m².year), average value of the “buildings” label
low consumption ”(BBC), will become the
benchmark in new construction on the horizon

View: http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.f ... il2011.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/13, 09:41

Oops thank you did67 for this correction ... I was wrong (Sunday morning) because in fact it is the opposite!

It is the BBC which became RT2012 or rather which was "absorbed"!

http://www.isolation-chauffage.com/les- ... 09/#msg509

FROM JANUARY 1, 2013, THE BBC STANDARD WILL BECOME RT 2012

From January 1 of next year, the BBC standard / low-energy building will evolve in RT 2012 / thermal regulations. All main residences (old or new) in France must apply the 2012 RT. The related work must also be certified by an appropriate certification. The energy performance of a building will certainly reduce energy costs, but in particular it is one of the efforts necessary to ensure sustainable development.

(...)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/13, 09:55

It is clear: the standard becomes law - finally regulation - if you want.

Or the regulations require that the BBC standard be respected.

The regulations are in force. And it requires compliance with the so-called BBC body of rules. There is no absorption or anything: these are two things of a different nature.
0 x
jis
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jis » 08/09/13, 22:21

Thank you for the clarification !
On the other hand, I am my own archi, so difficult for me! I know that you have to do a study upstream ... there are bbc professionals on the internet who offer upstream "packs" (administrative file assembly to be given with the Building Permit) then downstream (certification) for 1200 €!

No, my questions would be more on the choice of materials (if there are experts) but ESPECIALLY on the heating and hot water solution.

That's basically what I know: for the orientation of the house I need 17% of the surface of my house in glass facing south!

If I chose its square shape = it is for less heat loss (only 4 angles so not too much risk at the joints or areas exposed to shade etc)

My region (moors) requires a coef to apply to my calculation of heating needs

There is software (paid grrrr) which allows you to calculate what it takes ...

I absolutely want air conditioning, so my questions are:

- an air / air cap? + thermodynamic cumulus?
- an air / water cap with Thermo cumulus ...?
- other solutions?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/09/13, 14:01

I think we could have a complex debate. If you are interested !

1) Basically, to reach RT 2012, you will need a very well insulated envelope ...

2) Suddenly, the DHW is almost as important as the heating (over a year, for an "average" family, the two needs are close) ...

3) With an insulated bian envelope from the outside, you need thermal inertia and you could do without air conditioning (or significantly reduce its need).

So first digs into the issue of thermal inertia (alongside the issue of insulation.

You seem to make a dead end there that you will regret all your life (well, all of life in this house).

4) On a very personal level, so more conviction, I find it "old-fashioned" to bet everything on electricity in a region where there is so much wood. With electricity prices that will undoubtedly "skyrocket", you may regret it but it will be very difficult for you to go back!

[I agree, this last point is also a little ideological, but I'm ready to support it, without attacking you]
0 x
jis
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jis » 09/09/13, 14:13

I think we could have a complex debate. If you are interested ! Oh yes, I like to debate, that's what drives ideas!

1) Basically, to reach RT 2012, you will need a very well insulated envelope ... Yes, the cheapest energy is the one that is not to be produced, I agree 200% with you

2) Suddenly, the DHW is almost as important as the heating (over a year, for an "average" family, the two needs are close) ... DHW?

3) With a bian envelope insulated from the outside, you need thermal inertia and you could do without air conditioning (or considerably reduce its need). Example: instead of a classic plaster, I put fiber boards or panels + extruded polystyrene on rails (to leave a light "film" of air --- which becomes an insulator in this specific case ---)

So first digs into the issue of thermal inertia (alongside the issue of insulation. Ok but I don't know the solutions that exist, which would be inexpensive and require little or no maintenance at all (like paint = out of the question)

You seem to make a dead end there that you will regret all your life (well, all of life in this house). Thank you for the advice, but to tell the truth my intention was to insulate my house thoroughly from the inside being + plastered outside. Why ? because I know how to do it, on the other hand the insulation from the outside I did not think about it because I simply never made or seen it!

4) On a very personal level, so more conviction, I find it "old-fashioned" to bet everything on electricity in a region where there is so much wood. With electricity prices that will undoubtedly "skyrocket", you may regret it but it will be very difficult for you to go back! It is true but it is a personal choice = my wife does not want a "fire" in the house, and all that touches near or far to that (heat developed by the chimney and all the constraints of cutting / storage of wood and the dirt that goes with it!) And what woman wants, woman gets!

[I agree, this last point is also a little ideological, but I'm ready to support it, without attacking you] No, but it's true that it seems crazy in the moors to make an "all-electric" choice, but hey ...
In any case I am delighted to see that active members like you and others wish to help me in my conquest of information and expansion of my personal culture! It is true that I am a little anxious about the idea of ​​missing myself!
0 x
jis
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jis » 09/09/13, 14:29

I have already downloaded and printed the explanatory mini-book on the "RT2012: practical guide to successful construction" as well as the "successful airtightness guide"from Sénova.fr (very good site by the way. @ Modo: if we are not allowed to advertise I delete the name of the company)

I have learned a lot of things already! In the evening after work, I will try to document myself a little more with "google is my friend" but with my 2 children it is complicated ...

I also saw that on your econology site, there was for download an excel file allowing to calculate its DPE if I am not mistaken ... but I understand nothing!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/13, 15:39

As we are leaving on a very specific case, jis, I divided the subject to make it your own.

New title: "Help for my house heat balance RT2012 (Landes)"
0 x