Tips before modification central heating wood

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/10, 12:02

Ben Phillip?

It is however a similar scheme which is advised by the pros:

Christophe wrote:Image

There must be a misunderstanding somewhere ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/12/10, 14:20

The detail of the circuit does not seem to me as fundamental (see pro P. Schutt) as the basics which must be consistent and the hot water go into the radiators, and heat the house, even without balloons:

the volume to be heated is 430 m3. There are 9 radiators
either 430 / 2,5 to 3m or 143 to 172m2
the number of radiators seems very small to me, how many parts ?????

old stone and brick house (early 20th century) insulated with glass wool

What thickness of wool, what quality, what DPE if you just bought !!
Nordica thermosuperwood 98 wood stove with an overall power of 22,3 kW.
The gas boiler is a hyxia2 with a power of 24kW. It has been filed (but retained).

So consistent on paper in appearance !!
especially that the gas in tank costs a fortune !!
but have you had enough heat with the gas boiler the previous winters, if you bought recently ?????????
At random she seems a little weak for a large area of ​​an old 1900 house, even isolated, because unbearable thermal bridges !!
We put about 4Kg of oak every hour

So if the wood is very dry, at 4 to 5 Kwh per Kg it gives 16 to 20KW of real burned power!
What is the stove's actual performance in hot water?
It is indicated at 83% and 15KW for water and 3,5KW to heat the kitchen and the pots.
So 15KW a bit low compared to the 24KW power of the old gas boiler.

The balloons are hot in about three hours.

Fully or partially?
I bought a contact thermometer to check and I can assure that in the morning the balloons are fully heated.

Measuring the T of the water coming out to be sure is therefore well done !!
But to heat 600 liters to 15KW of hot water coming from the stove (depending on its characteristics) of 50 ° C in addition we put the time 600x50x4,18 / (15x3600) = 2h19min
so not too much inconsistent difference with 3h!

You observe:
However, when the calories are reinjected in the morning, the same phenomenon of rapid cooling is observed.

in 15 minutes, 600 liters of hot water over 50 ° c which disappear !!!!! to get what temperature increase in the house !!
You are sure that the balloons have become completely cold, from bottom to top ???????
To check thoroughly in all possible ways !!!

15 minutes to cool 600 liters is 9,2 times more than 2h19m, or 140KW !!!!!
So you have a cold pad or thermal leak of very very high capacity to heat in the house which is not heated with your stove which consumes a huge amount of wood !!
my wife turns on a small stove, It is then 20 ° in the living rooms of the ground floor. However, this solution can only be temporary because hello consumption !!! The pile of wood is shrinking visibly!

what is the consumption of wood at the time of your stove which has what performance ???????? Measure the temperature of the smoke leaving the chimney !!!!!!!! 150 ° C, 200 ° C, 300 ° C or even 400 ° C ?????????????
we cut three of the four top radiators to try to favor the others. However, we did not notice any changes.

So even for the bottom only, with (radiators) you cannot heat with 15KW of power !!
So you have huge heat losses and I wonder if your past gas boiler was able to heat better in the past ??
Unless there is a huge error with a heat exchanger in a cold heatable area (outside or cellar ????) a real heat sinkhole ?????

the last straw, asked my wife to light a fire because he didn't know ...

You have to initiate a legal action with legal complaint against this scammer with the help of your home defense and recourse insurance, as I did for less than that !!
Make a max in a bailiff report at the start !!
finding of:
for good reason my family would die of cold

Check that he has ten-year insurance, who must pay for his mistakes which eliminates the incompetent who end up with huge insurance premiums !!
If no legal complaint insurance for non-compliance with the law !!
We must block the scammers who are rampant, at least by driving customers away and warning customers that he is incompetent!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/12/10, 15:20

Hello
be careful, at the start there is a big consumption of heat to put the whole circuit in T °, ​​including the pipes and radiators especially if they are in cast iron. so that doesn't mean too much
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/10, 15:27

Calm down, let him take the measures he was advised ...

Regarding the power on water, yes it is already 15KW and not 22.3kW so we have almost 40% less than with gas!

15kW is the power of a large medium stove.

In addition: you have to know that with wood, the maximum power is only reached during an instant (unless recharging every hour), so you have to know what type of power we are talking about:

https://www.econologie.com/la-puissance- ... -4229.html
et https://www.econologie.com/forums/rendement- ... t9209.html

... and that it also largely depends on the quality of the wood ... see advice here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/securite-d ... 10059.html
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/12/10, 15:29

Yes, possible, but after the T remains low with the stove without ever going up !!
Therefore likely that the power is insufficient.
I ask to overlap with the other means of heating, if one has already worked !!
0 x
hebus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hebus » 20/12/10, 17:06

Dedeleco,
Upstairs there are four rooms, a radiator in each:
a hallway serving as a +1 tv room
two bedrooms +2
a bathroom +1
On the ground floor there are 6 rooms:
+1 room
+1 kitchen
a bathroom +1
+1 corridor
+1 clearance
a dining room living room in which there are no radiators because the stove radiates sufficiently.

We bought in June 2009. We never used the gas boiler. The gas tank was already removed for purchase. The energy balance was excellent despite the great age of the house 95KwhEP / m2.year. Suddenly we did not ask the question of power. But reading your comments, you wonder if the gas boiler was enough to heat before, I begin to ask myself the question too !!!
The insulation was also in place. I will see if I can get the info on its thickness and quality because currently it is sandwiched in the ceiling.

Thank you all for giving me the means to measure consumption and actual performance. I did not think about it. I will see what I can do.

Christophe,
If I read the instructions it says: "nominal power 18,5Kw and maximum power 22,5Kw. However, I have not yet read your diagrams. I will do it this evening.

Philippe Schutt, would that mean that the power of our stove is not sufficient to ensure the big starting consumption and then heat the radiators?
FYI, the radiators are lamellar steel radiators.

We will measure the balloon temperatures tomorrow morning.

I would like to have your opinions on the interest of a resistance in our case of figure? It is not that it is pressing but I am sick at the idea of ​​wasting the gold of our planet, 600 liters of water to evacuate to resume the installation. So suddenly I don't really want to make changes in several times ...

Thank you all again for answering my questions and even beyond. I will answer you better this evening.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/10, 17:16

Hebus wrote:If I read the instructions it says: "nominal power 18,5Kw and maximum power 22,5Kw. However, I have not yet read your diagrams. I will do it this evening.

The ratio between the 2 seems very low to me: it must be between 2 and 3 "normally" according to the standard for defining the power in a wood-burning appliance. See links I gave you with the diagram:

https://www.econologie.com/la-puissance- ... -4229.html
et https://www.econologie.com/forums/rendement- ... t9209.html

Can you scan the page that says this?
0 x
hebus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hebus » 20/12/10, 17:31

Thanks again Christophe,
I haven't read your links yet but I'm working on it this evening.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/10, 17:45

Uh it is not a notice but a commercial file (eroded according to me) ... the 1st doc. (table) was more serious ...
0 x
hebus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hebus » 20/12/10, 17:52

Yes Christophe, not having found it in the technical doc, I searched on the supplier's site. This is where I found it.
I will reread the full instructions this evening but I doubt I will find the so-called "nominal" and "maximum" power.

What makes you think that the notice is wrong? You worry me a little :?
0 x