Advice, opinion, building on a Nice Returns bbc

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
freeman @
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Advice, opinion, building on a Nice Returns bbc

by freeman @ » 17/10/11, 08:19

Hi everybody

we are a week before the deposit of a permit to build a bbc house in the south east in Nice,
and we still do not know what means would be most suitable for heating a house of 250m2 BBc and PRM (person with reduced mobility) oriented SOUTH with wide clearances west side (single storey or 1 level with an elevator for pmr). I had a return telling me that the underfloor heating is to reflect because the thermal inertia is too high and the price also elsewhere (30000E).
I also wonder for obtaining the label if a double flow vmc is essential (noise, duct maintenance, installation with false ceiling price).
thank you in advance for any future feedback

@
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/11, 10:09

It surprises me that the architect did not advise you, it is part of his job, right? Especially if he does BBC ...

If the house is well insulated and well designed and also located in Nice, I don't think there is a need for central heating!

A wood stove (pellets?) Well placed (possibly with production of DHW which could also make additional heating in 1 or 2 rooms) would most likely suffice.

See: https://www.econologie.com/les-types-de- ... -4201.html et https://www.econologie.com/les-types-de- ... -4224.html

Solar thermal panels would be responsible for heating the DHW (at least) 6 months of the year when heating is not necessary ... and to make an interesting addition in winter of course.

In summary: wood stove (pellets) with hydraulic option (see) and a few m² of solar panels for DHW
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 17/10/11, 20:15

For the BBC label, a stove can only heat 110m², so additional heating is required.

The most ecological solution is, as Christophe indicates, a boiler coupled with solar panels and a large capacity tank.

The VMC 2F is not compulsory to obtain the label, and in Nice there is little chance of making it profitable in terms of price and energy.

It is normally the thermal study that helps the decision, both for the ventilation and heating system.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/10/11, 21:44

Apart from the rigorous standard, one or two (for almost double house of 250m2) inserts or stoves with hot air distribution by ducts in the rooms and rooms will heat sufficiently in Nice with the BBC standard, for cheap installation , with certainty since I can easily heat two houses, not BBC, 2 to 4 times less well insulated, one in the Var and the other in the 77 (190m2 pseudo electric became free wood).
Also given the mild climate of Nice (same as in Var near the sea) I think that 2 inserts or stove are enough with distribution of hot air by duct in the rooms (inexpensive and simple) with external combustion air supply independent (mandatory for BBC well sealed) and indoor air circulation for heating.
I think that a stove or insert of low power will be very useful for fairly mild weather the most common in the Côte d'Azur in winter (8 to 15 ° C) and another more powerful as a backup for the rare times at close temperature from zero.
Personally I like to use the free wood lying around everywhere (hedge trimmings and trees, plants from neighbors thrown in recycling centers or who smoke, and dried in the sun in summer), but if you want less manual activity, a stove is a quiet solution for the low power required in mild winter weather.
The insert or log power stove completes the heating for the rare cold days close to zero.
I'm talking about my personal solution which should work much more easily on BBC (4 times less heating power).
In addition, the arrival of hot air is very useful in secondary homes, because, when arriving in the cold house, hot air arrives in the rooms within half an hour after starting the insert or stove, and allows you to be warm, even if the walls are cold !!
Central heating, floor or radiators and tiles, has a nice inertia (even BBC) and only manages to heat the house after several days (electric worse 3 days !!) and for a weekend the house starts to be hot only at the end, when we leave !!!
This is the case in my 91 and 77 without using wood !!!
In a BBC house it will be worse, because the necessary continuous heating power is much lower, but the thermal capacity of the walls and tiles is unchanged, which lengthens the heating time of the house (4 times more at worst) !! !

Also I prefer this mode of heating with wood, more free, by recovering the free wood which drags everywhere, even at the neighbors who smoke you and pollute by burning their plants in the open air.

Worse, when these neighbors burn free salvaged wood on the beach full of sea salt, they make you breathe and fill the gardens with dioxins, much worse than the old waste incineration plants, because sea salt with chlorine which combines with the benzene cycles of organic molecules in wood gives dioxin in large quantities !!
Good to know and tell your neighbors !!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."