Tips Central heating wood pellets following buy house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 20/07/11, 10:37

Oh??

Disagreement.

With my oil-fired boiler, I did not have a thermostat in any room but regulation by motorized valve / external sensor.

I took a little time to properly adjust the slope and the foot of the curve (badly adjusted when I arrived in the house, occupied for 5 years!) And from there: 20 ° pile at 0,2 or 0,3 , XNUMX close (except of course in the living room with large south and west windows which "overheated" when it was sunny).

With the new pellet boiler, I added a room sensor to correct this overheating ...

I think the technique works but that on almost all the installations, standard parameters are applied (slope, foot of the curve), at random. I spend a lot of time on various forums to guide people on the tuning!
0 x
julius87
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Question about firefighter silo fittings

by julius87 » 26/10/11, 19:12

Hello everybody

Following your advice, I started building my silo and insulated my hot water pipes.
On the other hand I have a question for those who have built a silo: what is the reference of the firefighter fittings to buy?
The pellet supplier told me: "French standard DN 100 internal connection"
But I find a lot of different products ...
With lock or without lock?
Female or Male?
Threaded or Canelé?
With stopper I think.

I found this on the net:
http://www.economo.fr/rg/Raccord-Pompie ... N-100.html

If anyone has the answer ... thanks in advance

Julien
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 27/10/11, 09:03

Hello,
This is what it should look like:

cordially
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 27/10/11, 09:44

to come back to the regulation from an external probe (called climatic regulation) you forget the main reason for which it is implemented: it is not so much for the comfort or the precision of the interior ambient temperature which can effectively be assured in the same way with an all or nothing thermostat given the inertias.
no, the real reason is that the thermal losses of a heating system (whatever it is) are proportional to the temperature of the said heating system. l
Basically, if we send water to 65 ° in the radiators and chop the water circulation by the all-or-nothing thermostat, we will be able to maintain a comfortable temperature very well but the losses will be much more larger than if we constantly send water at 35 °
the climate regulation therefore calculates, according to the outside temperature, the minimum heating temperature necessary and sufficient to ensure comfort and sends this temperature there permanently. point bar.
0 x
Click my signature
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/10/11, 11:24

Unfortunately this basic theoretical claim:
the heat losses of a heating system (whatever it is) are proportional to the temperature of said heating system. l
Basically, if we send water to 65 ° in the radiators and chop the water circulation by the all-or-nothing thermostat, we will be able to maintain a comfortable temperature very well but the losses will be much more larger than if we constantly send water at 35 °

does not always correspond to reality on old houses with basic thermal construction errors !!!!
Newer houses with low losses in pipes gain almost nothing with this method - (very low losses) and old poorly made lose, if no luck !!
So some have not obtained the expected gains, following this theory not verified by experimental measurements of precise real losses !!

So advice before choosing this mode: measure the actual total losses depending on the operating mode, continuous low T or short pulsed at high T !!!
The basic theory may sometimes not correspond to reality !!

Finally, this complex mode of heating control should be optimized and automated thanks to good programs well designed by the manufacturer on the microprocessors of the boiler and the control system, so as to automatically carry out all the optimal settings of the total system by measuring in particular these real losses of the real system which are sometimes thermally complex (those of the boiler in operation and those of the installation with its pipes, with the thermometers well placed !!)
Let the usual user constantly struggle in the dark to find these settings, it's making fun of this user !!
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 27/10/11, 11:40

We know Dédé, we know, nothing beats an old 20-year-old gas boiler with an all-or-nothing thermostat, taking showers at 20 ° C and recreating the Smog atmosphere of early twentieth century London by burning in its fireplace n anything under any conditions.
By putting together your arguments that you develop in all the subjects we could make a book that would delight Allègre, Bruckner and others. Above all, do not change anything, do not innovate, do not progress!
The systems we have don't claim to be perfect but they work, no matter what you say.
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 27/10/11, 11:49

And bang in the teeth!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 27/10/11, 13:53

guys, take it easy, don't go through the same methods as the one you're aiming for.

to answer dedicated, it is all the same because we gain something that we do with so-called "low temperature" oil boilers whose heating circuit is at the temperature requested by the radiator circuit and not higher as it was the case before.
in our pellet boilers, we cannot also have the boiler at low temperature so we limit the temperature of the circuit that passes in the basement, in the thermal bridging slabs, etc. but you are right on one point: if the house is designed in such a way that all the transport losses are recovered in the heated space, the gain becomes negligible.
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 27/10/11, 14:33

Dirk, if I can complete you:

- there is indeed the possibility of operating with the lowest possible temperature and at the maximum flow rate (rather than with higher temperatures and regulation by the flow - thermostatic valves - or by "chopping" - room sensor controlling the boiler with "all or nothing").

- there is also that on inertial systems especially, the regulation from the inside will be delayed, where the external sensor will anticipate: this is the case with underfloor heating:

- switch night / day, it is 18 ° in the house, the regulation "sends" to go back to 20 ° ...

- if indoor probe, it will continue to send calories because the internal temperature takes time to rise; once the 20 ° has been reached, it will react well, but it is too late; there is still enough to heat to 21 or 22 ° in the slab (in "transit" in a way, already "sent", due to inertia)

- if external probe, the temp will be calculated so as to reach 20 ° and basta ..
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 27/10/11, 22:26

Yep, I confirm what Dedeleco and Dirk Pitt are saying:

1. The gain may be very low if the losses are located in the volume to be heated.
2. A self-learning system would be welcome, especially since in programming it is not very complicated and these regulations work with microprocessors. It would be an interesting innovation, a real progress, because we would have the assurance of a system adjusted to the optimum. This system could very well integrate the "inertia" parameter.
In this regard, Dedeleco is certainly not retrograde, on the contrary!
0 x