Deceptive EdF advertising on electric heating !!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 17/07/11, 15:44

Here is the "ad" that got me off the hinges:

Rather, the reality is this:

http://www.propellet.fr/choix-economique.html

Conclusion: no lie and yet everything is misleading!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/11, 16:01

Ah ah ah the increasing curve hyper hyper misleading!

The title / slogan is still untrue!

Uh, not very professional as a presentation, it's not an EdF ad, is it?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/07/11, 17:36

Yes, yes: authentic. Published in the newobs 10 days ago!

Deceptive, I don't think: given the scale, corrected for inflation, the price (tariff) does not increase ...

Afterwards, it's like any ad: such a car so green, such a smartphone so essential, etc ... Nothing is ever really true ...

The problem is that you have to be better and better informed and have more and more cold blood to unmask the "misleading" side ...

what is sad is that there is not an organization to publish the following week the curve that I put below with the simple slogan:

"Despite the publicity, electricity remains the most expensive energy, and has been for a long time!"

But hey, no selfless person has the money for it!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/07/11, 17:50

And it is missing strictly at zero,free wood and free plants thrown away, or burned everywhere, which you just have to collect, like the wood around my house, especially the Christmas windshields at the end of 1999, which I did not manage to exhaust by burning them, and which nobody picks up !!

It also lacks ordinary wood between a third and a half of the pellets !!

The granulate at 300 € per ton in certain regions is found to be around 6 above the 4,83 indicated.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 17/07/11, 19:09

Hello Did 67,

Your 2 tables do not speak of the same thing, that of the top of energy prices and that of the bottom of the cost of energy to heat.
Look at the curves for backup heating, they are different
central heating.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/11, 19:14

Gildas, did know that we are not talking about the same thing ...

Damm it a real ad, what does the police do?

Did67 wrote:"Despite the publicity, electricity remains the most expensive energy, and has been for a long time!"

It is for this reason that it is misleading to say that electricity (understood as heating) defends purchasing power ... because energy is twice as expensive, even if its price fluctuates upwards slower than the others (and it will change ...), remains 2 times more expensive ... so it's the loss of purchasing power ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/07/11, 19:35

1) Yes. EdF uses a synthetic index ("price of household energy resources").

Pro-pellets distinguishes between central heating and auxiliary heating (they are a little more honest and take into account volumes, therefore prices, subscriptions). For pellets: central heating = bulk, = cheaper; booster = stoves = bags. For electricity, central heating = option off-peak hours / 9 kVA subscription; make-up = ordinary tariff / 6 kVA subscription. Logical, right ???

In this second case, it's even worse! I mean the gap, the electricity hovers even more "above" everything. So EdF's "visual deception" would be even more enormous if we put everything on the same graph at the same scale, of course in price per kWh. !

But even then, I do not know if Pro-pellets includes all the taxes that are added at the end of the electricity bill ???

2) Yes, the price of pellets varies by location. I will bring my 4,5 tonnes to 210 euros per tonne, delivered, including tax. Or 4,2 cts of KwH. But that's correct, locally, it can go up to 250/270 (quite common in France), or even, as you say, dedéléco, to 300 €

However, taking an average is not a "deception". It's an average!

I think that Pro-pellets is the average collected from affiliated companies. Rhones-Alpes is a competitive region, unlike other ...

Here is the up-to-date German index:

http://www.depv.de/startseite/marktdaten/pelletspreise/

[nothing to do with the subject: but observe the price of natural gas in Germany and compare with France - prices indexed on oil! What a difference in the curve!]

In short, 4,83 cents / kWh in January 2011, this may not be true everywhere, but not false!

3) But that these rermarks, in short these glitter, do not hide the log of EdF !!!

I admit that I fear that EdF will still have a bright future ahead if the readers of forum quibble over nuances about the price of pellets, while on the other hand, the deception is as big as a house.

Finally ... Each his choice, each his fights ...
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 17/07/11, 22:03

all thieves.

How can we allow this kind of false advertising?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/11, 22:17

Right, and you might wonder:

What do the UFC and ARPP do?

: Evil:

This is what I put in my tweet to present this subject which I have just integrated a widget at the bottom of forums : https://www.econologie.com/forums/#nouveautes
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 18/07/11, 20:42

What a shame this ad. Outrageous, really!

I understand better why there are so many people in France who are absolutely convinced of having the best heating in the world with convectors or electric boilers ...

It's sad to see that ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."