boiler heating curve ÖkoFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 17/10/15, 10:58

No, it is me who puts me a little between two cases; I forgot you were overheating!

So close your valve to 3 / 4 ...

You calculate the instruction with lower factors than those you indicate on the first post. For example 25 foot and 1,5 slope. You look at the instruction that it gives and you realize it by hand ...

And then you apply the method: if it is still too hot, you still close ... And so on until converge to internal 20 ° ...

You then note external temp, start time.

This will be a point in the heating curve!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/10/15, 11:21

Mic74 wrote:So yesterday departure was recorded at 49. Departure measured at 44 and departure probe at 56. Internal temperature 23. I closed a little v3v.

This morning departure to 8. 58 flow sensor. 25 internal temperature

I am surprised at the large difference between your departure measured at 44 (I imagine on the integrated "physical" thermometer) and the departure probe which is 56 °!

We'll have to see that as well, but it's not critical for now. The probe is actually measuring resistance. Which varies depending on the temperature. And that the regulator convert to temperature. There may be too much resistance: cable, connection ... But we must be able to calibrate that. While waiting, just check that it is not erratic (that it does not give "anything" depending on the moment; if it is still proportionally above the temperature of the thermometer, this does not prevent a correct operation)

Let us understand: the instruction is purely theoretical. She does not play because the V3V is in manual ...

Your departure temperature went up during the night, probably because of a higher internal temperature, the returns are warmer. The V3V has not moved, we always mix the same proportions ... The mixture is slightly warmer. Logic.

Flow setpoint = 8 is an "Okofen code": there is no need for heating; a heating limit must have been reached; or I don't know what "key". For now, ignore it. Just remember that for the regulation, it means "no need for heating"
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 19/10/15, 20:58

Balance of the day shows 17h.

46 control flow temperature. Flow temperature at the 58 probe. The valve is almost completely closed. 27 degree result inside. Surely a little wrong by the solar contributions.

If I understand correctly, the starting temperature should drop as I close the valve is it?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/10/15, 22:25

Absolutely !!!

The more a valve is "closed", therefore in the blue zone, the less water from the boiler is added to the circuit and the more the return water is recirculated ... So inevitably , the start time must approach the return time. And it must stop heating up ...

We will be able to formulate as a serious hypothesis that the V3V is upside down.

To confirm it, I suggest you "open" it at 90% (so put it at 90% in "red"), to see if it drops ... [starting temp first, then interior temp then...]

In this case, it suffices to return the label (in general, they are "reversible").

We can also do without it: just remember that "red" = closing; "blue" = opening. After all it's just a code!

And connect correctly - when the regulator moves in the closed direction, the valve turns to the current "red".

But let's first confirm that "current red" = closing = cold!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/10/15, 22:28

Mic74 wrote:
46 control flow temperature. Flow temperature at the 58 probe. The valve is almost completely closed. 27 degree result inside.

Your starting temperature of 58 °, it's almost "pure" boiler water (it is between 65 and 75 °)

What do you call:

- regulation start temperature (46 °)
- flow temperature to the probe (58 °)
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 20/10/15, 09:25

Okay, I'll do this test.

The 46 is the measured temperature displayed on my Touch.
The 58 is the temperature displayed on the thermometer after the circulator.
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 20/10/15, 09:53

Hello Mick
I think you're confusing.
I think the 46 ° is your setpoint temperature and your 58 is the temperature measured by your probe.
I am wrong?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/15, 11:48

Mic74 wrote:
The 46 is the measured temperature displayed on my Touch.
The 58 is the temperature displayed on the thermometer after the circulator.

If this is confirmed, it makes a "big gap". It is customary for two thermometers or two probes to give slightly different temperatures. But this is not normal ...

a) Can you follow to find out if at least the two vary in the same direction, proportionally.

Because if the V3V is upside down, for the regulates to work, later, it will still be necessary for the probe to send a reliable information on the starting temperature: if the temperature is false, but proportionalit will work ...

b) I would still go and see where this probe is and how it applies (physically) to the pipe: check that there is good contact at this level; if necessary, thermal pastes such as those used to "stick" a fan on a computer processor can be useful ...

For now, that's not the problem, but it will become so.
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 20/10/15, 12:50

hello patrice, no it is not the starting temperature setpoint.

Indeed, I will check how the gap between the two probes evolve.
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 20/10/15, 23:46

So with v3v in red at 90% the start temperature is still 54.

It does not change much.
0 x