boiler heating curve ÖkoFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/15, 10:55

Mic74 wrote:Here is the photo of this morning (in the place!), The set flow temperature was 26, and the temperature measured by the 46 regulation.

This photo is intriguing and may suggest that your V3V is upside down (including the color rim)

- We are in the blue, an almost closed V3V: theoretically, especially is sent back from the water, with almost no hot water from the boiler ...
- Or the start is almost 60, a few degrees below the temperature of the boiler (between 65 and 75)
- the return is much lower than the departure; it "turns" in the right direction ...
- With a reference to 26, ever in life you do should have a circuit at those temperatures

The first thing I would do would be to remove the engine and drive the V3V by hand, to see if everything works: you dismantle the block, and you put your V3V on an "average" position [you heat with radiators?]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/15, 11:02

patrice42440 wrote:I read about another forum (by you too!) it was necessary to set the boiler start temperature polished above the pump start temperature. At home, the 2 parameters are at 60 °. Can this affect the closing of V3V?

There, it was in connection with the "yoyos" that make my boiler and my V3V ...

So there, yes: if we are below 60 ° in the boiler, the regulator will cut the circulator to protect the boiler (prevent it from falling below 60 ° and condensing - hence the risk of corrosion) ...

So it's a little low for my taste, but that does not explain our "salad" at the level of the starting temperatures ...

Nor, to my understanding, the closing of the valves when the boiler stops (when the boiler stops, it has reached its maximum - 75 ° I suppose, so we are not at the bottom, anti-corrosion protection).

But as said, I remain a little cautious because many things have changed and not having the Touch, I am sometimes overwhelmed!
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 16/10/15, 11:03

Did yes, but mostly it is an excel template that was sent to me by ÖkoFEN :-)
How can I send you the file of our friends?
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 16/10/15, 11:10

Here is a graph where I have left the parameter t ° start of the underfloor heating (light green and pink on the graph).
Light green the set, pink measurement.
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 16/10/15, 11:23

I confirm that in the photo, the v3v is completely closed.

I can control it manually without disassembly. So I put it half open?

Yes I heat with radiators.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/15, 12:53

1) Radiators: this means that your system reacts quickly enough; we can consider that two or three hours after a modification, the new equilibrium is reached ...

It also means: need a fairly high circuit temperature

2) When you say you can drive manually, do you turn off the engine ??? The regulator then has no further action ??? Is there a "button" that lets you do that?

Or you can temporarily put on a position, but that it will move afterwards, under the action of the engine, controlled - even if wrongly and through - by the regul?

3) Yes, if you can manually put it on a position such that you have about 45 ° at the start, it should be around the midpoint, and follow the internal temperature obtained for 2 or 3 hours ... (if the V3V do not move, we would then have a "base")

4) I see that you have an alpha 2 L circulator (I think); is it on a fixed speed ??? (a prerequisite for climate regulation); but I do not remember more, the 2 L is perhaps the "light", without the "auto-adaptive" function (which would be good)
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 16/10/15, 13:21

When I say manually, we can see in the photo, a small quarter-turn button currently set to "A", if I turn it I can manipulate the V3V by hand, which is not possible in the other case .

The engine must therefore be deactivated. And indeed, the regul does not move it anymore.

For the circulator, I looked at the manufacturer's doc and the alpha 2L does not have the auto-adapt function.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/15, 14:36

OKAY. It is therefore a button that allows you to decouple the engine and physical V3V.

We will proceed as follows:

a) you switch to manual
b) you put average parameters in your Touch for radiators: type "foot" = 40; "slope = 1,5"

You are looking at the resulting water flow setpoint on your Touch (but of course, the engine being deactivated, this will not happen!).

And you put your V3V manually so as to have a departure approximately = at the set point ... (I say approximately, since anyway, we are at random, there) ... Your real departure will oscillate depending on the temperature of the boiler, the variations of which will no longer be corrected: the proportion of hot water will be the same, but it will sometimes be 65 °, sometimes 75 ...

And we follow the internal temperature.

If you exceed the 20 ° required, you can immediately close a hair (more towards the blue) ...

If you see that it does not approach, and that one goes up less and less, you open a little more (more towards the red).

Understand that if we have a chuaffe curve, we can manually regulate the heating: it would suffice to move the V3V in such a way as to have the starting time that we would read on the curve! It would be just ... tiresome! This is the job that the whole "regulator + motorized V3V" should do when they work properly!

If it works, we will know that the problem is not physical, in the circuits, the assembly of the V3V, the inputs / outputs of this one, but somewhere in the "regul + motor" command!
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 16/10/15, 19:14

Did Bonsoir
could you submit my problem (with the graph) on the forum "futura"? For my part, I tried to register, impossible! and it's been several times that I try!
Thank you in advance
0 x
Mic74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mic74 » 17/10/15, 08:53

So yesterday departure was recorded at 49. Departure measured at 44 and departure probe at 56. Internal temperature 23. I closed a little v3v.

This morning departure to 8. 58 flow sensor. 25 internal temperature

I must have misunderstood.
0 x