Heating wall against underfloor heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
lolussonet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heating wall against underfloor heating

by lolussonet » 03/04/10, 22:42

Hello

I attack a construction site of a house Wood / straw in total autoconstruction to heat by stove boiler coupled with solar panels.

In the room 2 I thought put a wall heating floor wood flooring but in my living room (living room / kitchen / dining) that will be about 40m2 I still do not know what to choose between heated floor or heating wall or 2 knowing that the stove is in this room but in the off season I would like to max limit the use of it and content with the sun that shines very often by home (drome provencale)

If I choose a floor heating will it be wise not to isolate the slab from below but just around the foundation to allow to have a great deal of inertia and limit the cost? but the problem is that I have little depth of foundation because I am on a rocky plateau. what minimum depth will be recommended in this case?

If you have feedback, advice I'm interested .....
Thank you in advance
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/04/10, 15:14

I still can not know if the principle of isolating only the edges is valid

to use soil inertia?

practically it is simpler: to avoid cracks the soil must be homogeneous: to avoid the difference between insulated edge and medium on the ground the simplest is to isolate all the same

there is no problem between underfloor heating is wooden floor: the power density that comes out of the ground is low: a carpet or wood reduces the heat transfer very little: gravity maintains the contact of the materials placed on the ground heating

it is not the same for the heating wall: if the dilation causes a different layer to fall off, it falls to the ground

then we have to consider the shape of the rooms: a large piece of 100m2 has much more floor space than wall: a heating by the wall will always be insufficient: especially that a good part of the wall will be blocked by poor furniture driver

inversement for WC or bathroom the floor surface is too weak: should we heat the wall? or put a real radiator ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 04/04/10, 21:34

And there is also the heating ceiling, which seems to have some advantages.
0 x
See you soon !
lolus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lolus » 05/04/10, 20:12

good i just change my nickname following pblm with my tale.

The heated floor on wood floor I see less interest because with the weak effusivitée of the wood is not the cold soil aspect if the room and heated. and blow so warm a little parrois that will lime plaster or earth in my case suddenly the whole room will have hot assé walls.

For the ceiling I do not know someone knows the advantages and disadvantages compared to a floor or wall heating?

SDB I thought heated floor and also heated by the loss of hot water tank

I have a hard time always choosing wall or floor heating the question is not obvious
0 x