attic floor insulation boards

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 24/04/10, 10:45

indeed my fireplace is equipped with a metal hatch but it is not very airtight because we see places in space so the heat must still go away.

indeed it is not expensive this insert because that of turbofonte it fesait 2100 HT.

I also just cut my vmc, I will see if we still feel drafts, but since we are not in cold weather it will be harder.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 13/05/10, 21:17

swift2540 wrote:Not not everything to break for a test.
Just plug the hole in the chimney with an iron plate (or a bit of masonry, the easiest for you) with a hole to get the stove nozzle.
After the test you are advised.

you may be right, i may be thinking about putting a stove right in the corridor which is the room which is just behind.

I'm just going to have to destroy a cabinet because the conduit goes through it and make a hole in the conduit.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/05/10, 00:29

There is such a difference between with or without exchanger and circulation of air (or water and radiators), that it is nonsense not to take such a solution (insert or stove), because the hot air arrives in the rooms quickly and it gets hot in a few minutes, instead of overheating at one point and freezing elsewhere.
I have had the experience of both and I am adamant, the air circulation is really crucial (or the central water heating, slower to start).
The heat of the stove is local and does not heat the rooms, child 'remember to freeze in rooms not heated by the stove in the living room!
The investment is worth spending air ducts.
The insulated stove will not be a valid test, because it does not heat the rooms and will take up much more space than the insert with more dirt to ash than a quality insert in the fireplace.
Besides destroying a cabinet for a test is absurd? While the insert does not change the conduit.
You have the chimney and you can test the open chimney which will dirty more than the insert. And the insert improves the chimney anyway. Are you looking for a small, low-end insert for the price of the stove that fits in the fireplace? without demolishing anything, in my opinion, if you want to test, without air ducts, the easements of wood.
For a rudimentary insert there is less cast iron than a stove, and you will not demolish the cabinet nor drill a hole.
Random cheap example from google:
1poelepascher.fr/foyer-700-arena-677254-p-477.html
not more expensive than a stove, uses the current chimney, and if you use a CO detector at 40 € for security, you can install it as badly as this cheap stove at the same price
1poelepascher.fr/poele-%C3%A0-bois-sologne-619500-p-232.html
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/05/10, 01:17

For clarification, this official pdf from ADEME, which shows that on a closed hearth, which is a stove connected and installed on a chimney, air can be circulated all around to heat the part and also by ducts to rooms without difficulty, if the circulator is placed before the hearth and therefore the exchanger is the periphery of the hearth which functions like a stove in the chimney on holds!
http://www.costic.com/fileadmin/user_up ... nserts.pdf
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 14/05/10, 10:38

dedeleco wrote:For clarification, this official pdf from ADEME, which shows that on a closed hearth, which is a stove connected and installed on a chimney, air can be circulated all around to heat the part and also by ducts to rooms without difficulty, if the circulator is placed before the hearth and therefore the exchanger is the periphery of the hearth which functions like a stove in the chimney on holds!
http://www.costic.com/fileadmin/user_up ... nserts.pdf

let's say that the idea was to try cheaper because the fitting of an insert + casing is 5000 euros.

In addition, the former owners did a bizzard thing, in fact the chimney passes just behind the walls of the living room, but the chimney leads out at the level of the bedroom above and is connected to the main conduit by a conduit which has been built .
0 x