Chimney sweeping nozzle

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the Egyptian
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Chimney sweeping nozzle

by the Egyptian » 30/08/10, 10:36

Hello
Having bought a house from the 70s at the beginning of the year with a "nozzle" chimney, I can explain an insert in the chimney, a normal ash below, two small fan next to the ash which must join a series of "tuyere "just above the flames to send hot air into the room the gap between the nozzles a few mm, with the lamp I can see a little the duct there a 90 degree rectangle I think about 40 cm above of these famous nozzles. I was told that the people before me were sweeping and that there was nothing jamming. there is a plate at the bottom with screws for the nozzle fan connection I think screw cannot be dismantled finally I did not succeed. you are in a very sloping shingle I have not yet gone to see a disc hernia not in good shape. My question according to you is the chimney installation correct, does the soot fall on the nozzles, no cleaning hatch, which surprises me. thanks for your info response
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/10, 11:04

I didn't follow everything, could you take some photos?
0 x
the Egyptian
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by the Egyptian » 30/08/10, 11:13

I will try more
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/08/10, 15:20

This chimney has been assembled, so it is removable!
The screws, put a degreaser, a few hours before, to unscrew them, find a good screwdriver with good grip.
Also ask people for specific explanations before you find their address.
The inserts often have removable, heavy, just installed deflector plates in cast iron to increase the heat exchange for recovering the heat of the fumes and they must be dismantled before sweeping, as in my case. It may be what you call nozzles ??

For the herniated disc, my personal experience of back pain spent: 16 years ago I had sciatica, pain with each step, all the way from the nerve, from the vertebra, to under the foot!
Since I had this movement, with back pain, playing tennis, brutally in extension by twisting on a forehand, the next day, I replayed (with pain at each step) but only setbacks in extension and in the 3rd or 4th, everything was put back in place by rotation in the opposite direction, like the rebouteuse, phenomenal sensation of end of suffering !!!!
My principle, repeat the movement in the opposite direction, thinking carefully and it works !!!

Finally, in my case, this back pain problem is totally resolved by building my back by cycling 10% uphill and jogging 30% steep uphill every day !! 200m drop to 80% of my maximum !!
Thus more back pain and good shape and no overweight belly !!
When the back pain comes back a little, (recently by helping my son to move with heavy furniture or by sitting too badly sitting at a computer), it is that I have not done enough of this sport !!! Just do more and remuscle more, to have no back pain!
0 x