Heating adapted to search my house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/08/10, 00:44

But how are you doing to let them dry?
Do you lay them on the ground, in a heap?
That must rot below?

In summer, in good weather, it is like hay in the meadows, the grass dries if the hot and dry air of summer passes easily between the stems and leaves of the grass not tight and if we pick up before wet night or rain.
It's the same as drying towels and clothes in the sun.
It is good to protect the night from condensation by spreading the morning in the sun and returning before the sun is too low.
The piracantha and many hedge trimmings dry well if left unpacked in the air flowing and sheltered from the rain. It's the same for wood logs !!
It rots if underneath, the dry air does not circulate and the moisture remains rotten, but dry it is preserved.
After good air drying of the day in summer, then in a grinder, it can be kept airy easily. It's bulky enough, like the pellets.

The only difficulty is to feed small amounts to control the combustion, which is racing, otherwise, because very finely divided.
The small wood, often stuck in the forest, dries very well and burns as well.
0 x
slatsss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by slatsss » 07/08/10, 16:17

I have about 300 M2 of garden and it is necessary to deduce the portico of the children, the outdoor dining space, the linen threads, my two fruit trees.
it's hard to realize, but I'm afraid I do not have enough surface to allow me to spread enough branches to burn for a long time, to turn them over to dry, to put them in a place protected from moisture and grind them.

But is crushed wood good to pass directly into the silo of the boiler or must it be dried beforehand?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/08/10, 18:37

It is better to dry before grinding (the air circulates better around the branches and twigs) and then dry again, then it can be stored.
Be careful and check that this grindstone does not become wet again, by condensation at night with damp air or a not dry enough grindstone, which relaxes its moisture and molds.
Just redo it again.
The scrap of piracantha barely dry burns well.
Everything depends on the wood and the criterion is that the crushed must not make a smoke of water vapor as it is the case when burning grass in pile that is always wet.
A boiler can burn wet wood, but it heats little and clogs with tars and ashes !!
By putting the wood against the hot boiler, the wood or grindstone can dry.
An auxiliary boiler dryer that recondenses the water vapor of drying is optimum, but not conventional.
0 x
slatsss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by slatsss » 07/08/10, 19:13

I'm going to see the vendor's proposals hargassner for mixed boilers
I also thought of the mass stove compared to its wonderfully radiant effect, its economy of wood and the fact that the heat lasts a very long time, practical when one goes to work.
But my house is upstairs and the walls are thick, I'm afraid that the heat radiation does not rise enough.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/08/10, 23:40

I also thought of the mass stove compared to its wonderfully radiant effect, its economy of wood and the fact that the heat lasts a very long time, practical when one goes to work.

The mass stove does not save more wood than another with the same quality of combustion.
It does not keep the heat on a working day (9h) for the whole house. Check the fuzzy claims of sellers and even calculate the amount of mass to heat for a day of heating the house, water close to the m3 and mass different at least the ton! !!

What is valid is the automatic operation, often expensive.
For the two-storey house, you can circulate the hot air in ducts to the rooms from an insert, or stove, or you put the central heating. In a pinch you leave the doors open with fans to circulate the hot air, valid if not too cold outside and if we accept a little cold outside the stove.
Personally, the pulsed air is nice, since I use it, but we do not have all the same reactions. The central heating is nice also in another house. What matters is the temperature of the radiator, with a surface that is even larger than its temperature is low (and price also greater)

Finally your 300m2 garden (not including the house?) Can store the wood of a winter.
A winter requires about one ton of fuel oil, if quite well insulated (the double if not so good) is 2 tons of wood either 4 steres or in 4m logs by 1 by 1, or 4m2. If you heat more and less insulated, you need double, either 8 stere or 4m2 on 2m high, well sheltered from the rain and ventilated, (not tarpaulins but rigid plates above that let the air).
Shredded wood requires more volume.
It dries if the dry air easily passes in it.
Logwood can be found in the dump when the trees throw them away. I saw lots of tree trunks as well. Often pine (resin) long to dry and dirty stacks are thrown away, but a well-designed boiler can burn them.
In helping neighbors to prune I have been able to retrieve tree trunks. We even find ads of wood to take for free if we cut trees too much on foot !!
With a bigger ground I find that I have a lot of good wood to burn.

Mixed Hargassner boilers are remarkable for their characteristics:
http://www.hargassner-france.com/index. ... Itemid=116
but the price less easy to find reaches between 10000 € for pellets to more than 20000 €.
but a priori we have for 7ans at least, but considering the price we would like 30ans!
In addition the work of the installer has less guarantee and it is good to check his skills, because hargassner guarantees his boiler, not the errors of the installer!
0 x