SYLVACTIS FX 55, wood wool will kill polystyrene?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 15/12/09, 15:52

Good wood wool at this price!

I take 100m² :D to put in the attic,
it takes its shape if we walk on it?

Concerning thin insulators, their interest lies in their good performance in sending back the infrared, they will find their place under the roof tiles.

I recently made a small comparison for a dark tiled roof with T ° of tiles at 90 ° C

Well, with 20 cm of glass wool / rock, thin insulators are no longer required, because the heat (energy) flow is very limited and the surface T ° inside very reasonable
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 15/12/09, 19:02

Christophe wrote: See the quote here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/devis-pann ... t8353.html (must follow the links when you put some ... it helps sometimes :D)

Mea culpa!! : Cheesy:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Sylvactis FX 55, the wood wool will kill polystyrene

by bernardd » 16/12/09, 09:32

Christophe wrote:Ben is that they are known actors of the thin insulation ... and you must know the controversy around this type of insulation ...

Well not exactly, I know their principle of reflection of radiation, but I do not know the controversy of which you speak ...

I just did a search on the site, no trace of controversy. It is a new mode of heating ... discussions: -?

Please tell me more, a link will also do the trick :-)
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/09, 11:50

Capt_Maloche wrote:Good wood wool at this price!

I take 100m² :D to put in the attic,
it takes its shape if we walk on it?

:) Ask Lumberjack but don't forget to ask Actis to donate to the econo association for the "advertisement"!

Uh, I don't know, not tried, not advised in my opinion ... but it will mainly depend:
a) your weight
b) your size

In short with snowshoes, no problem I think! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Otherwise you risk doing damage anyway (some panels have "cracked" on the front just from handling but by insisting you can break them by hand without problem) ...

Capt_Maloche wrote:Concerning thin insulators, their interest lies in their good performance in sending back the infrared, they will find their place under the roof tiles.

Yes, but the concern is that it is "sold" as "equivalent" to 10-15 cm (see more depending on the commercial documents) of insulating wool ... It may be true but only in certain cases. individuals (high T °) ...! But hey now it is much less than a few years ago ...

Capt_Maloche wrote:I recently made a small comparison for a dark tiled roof with T ° of tiles at 90 ° C

Well, with 20 cm of glass wool / rock, thin insulators are no longer required, because the heat (energy) flow is very limited and the surface T ° inside very reasonable

Yes but this is a very special case ... cqfd!

Good here are 2 photos of the installation of the panels of 6 that I made yesterday:

a) Saw cutting (I have never cut wood so quickly !!):

b) Installation in double thickness compression in front of a reinforced concrete beam (therefore thermal bridge):

Notes:

- As long as we don't cut it, it's not too dusty (but nothing to do with cotton wool, I didn't even use a mask except when scanning at the end of the work)
- At each cutting there are a few% of obligatory losses (unlike styrodur). We stuff the offcuts or things are obviously going well but there is still a dust "not usable"
- I only did one pose in "compression" we'll see if it holds. Otherwise I would make a small wooden structure.
- I am thinking of leaving the insulation "raw", that is to say without finishing (it breathes better).
- It's quite a "firm" atmosphere, straw limit.
- No smell

bernardd wrote:Well not exactly, I know their principle of reflection of radiation, but I do not know the controversy of which you speak ...

I just answered partially: thin insulators work well at high T ° so for "heated" rooms ...

bernardd wrote:I just did a search on the site, no trace of controversy. It is a new mode of heating ... discussions: -?

Please tell me more, a link will also do the trick :-)

You looked for how because on "thin insulators"we already have this:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/essais-obj ... t3069.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/tableau-co ... 77-60.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... 55-10.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/12/09, 12:41

: Arrow: to facilitate the comparison, I extracted the table giving the values ​​of R according to the available thicknesses.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/09, 12:42

Yes thank you citro because i think there's a hell of a lazy on this forum who don't know how to click on a .pdf! : Mrgreen:

Otherwise the comparison is all seen I think: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post152210.html#152210

Christophe wrote:Recovery from post! Comments on the link and results of the 1er message.

In any case reported the price of thin insulators reported r obtained is not at all favorable to thin layers.

Beware this little r is not the Thermal Resistance R which is much lower! The report is based on conventional insulation data: about 6.4 times! r = 6.4 * R I think the author should have called this r differently (eg, but ...)

Thin insulation:

1: 24 € / m², r = 6.7 where € / m².r = 3.58
2: 20 € / m², r = 5.9 where € / m².r = 3.38
3: 5 € / m², r = 4.9 where € / m².r = 1.02

Expanded polystyrene:
4: thickness 4 cm, 2,7 € / m², r = 6,6 where € / m².r = 0.41. R = 1

Glass wool
5: thickness 4,5 cm, 1,7 € / m², r = 7,0 where € / m².r = 0.24. R = 1.125

The thin insulation is therefore at equivalent efficiency and in the best case 2.5 times more expensive than a conventional insulation and in the worst case 15 times more expensive !!

Calculations in classical thermal resistance are available here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/sylvactis- ... t8944.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/12/09, 16:35

Citro said:
Ask Bucheron

Bucheron instructs me to give you good morning everyone, he has a lot of work, and another thing in progress, which takes him a lot of time ... Image
Great good do him : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/09, 16:40

He is waiting for a little lumberjack ????
What's this ? A log or a corner? : Mrgreen:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/12/09, 16:43

Christophe ...
Sunday, the priest awaits you at confession!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/09, 16:50

Pfff then if for "that", I have to go to confession what to say about the authors of this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/vibromasse ... t8969.html ? : Shock:

But it's true? Have you said too much or not enough there ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."