Reflective panel behind radiator: useful? advice ?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
KvonMurphy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Reflective panel behind radiator: useful? advice ?

by KvonMurphy » 19/03/10, 10:37

Hello,

Are the reflective panels that some people recommend putting behind the radiators really interesting?

If yes, what advisor who is not too painful to install without dismantling everything, and with a good CAF (coefficient of female acceptance) for aesthetics?

Almost all my radiators are hung on walls which give on the outside, that does not tell me too much to indirectly heat the outside.
The radiators date from around 1990, they are NOT low temperatures.

Thank you!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/03/10, 13:26

Yes, they are used for something by heating the layer of air which is in the ra and the wall.
It is therefore an emergency solution to slightly increase the efficiency of your radiators.
You can paint them!
Likewise, it can be interesting enough to have a tablet above the ra so that the hot air licks the cold wall less.
That said, let's remain realistic: the loss by conduction will hardly be attenuated by the millimeter of insulation. The conduction loss will still be there. Nothing will replace centimeters of insulation.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be