Shots of slow combustion stove

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

Shots of slow combustion stove

by Other » 21/12/07, 00:29

Hello

I do not remember if I had already posted my slow combustion stove on this forum, it is one of the most widespread wood heating systems in Quebec, due to its yield and low consumption of wood.

Here it is:
plan-of-fourneaux-pic259.jpg

Realized this gives:
slow-burning-stove-pic258.jpg

Andre
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 21/12/07, 08:54

Hello André,
the link indicates page not found ...

I have linked it for several times on my site, because obviously it is a mine!
I intend in particular to realize it "one of these 4 '" ;-)
one of my pages dedicated to wood stoves:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/construct/poele%20masse.html

if you want me to host / illustrate other of your research it would be my pleasure.

Jo

Edit by christophe: corrected link https://www.econologie.com/plans-d-un-po ... -3565.html
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 21/12/07, 09:26

The tiled stoves I know well since my grandparents had one: it heats well, but it still eats a lot of wood at the beginning for setting t ° (very high inertia), but afterwards, to maintain it , consumption is moderate ...
Slow combustion: a pity that the stove described is not more detailed, because poorly constructed it can be very dangerous: slow combustion = risk of high production of carbon monoxide (deadly) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/07, 09:49

I am correcting the hosts (finally the ones I find!) And I put the doc in the downloads of the site as soon as it is finished.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 21/12/07, 10:05

CO production?
yes the slow combustion in product, BUT it evacuates it:

note that yes, the door must be WATERPROOF
0 x
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 21/12/07, 10:27

Hi André ....

It's been a while since I found your stove plan, in fact I was listed on the Forum PMC Evolution which was hacked a while ago, we had started to debate intelligently on the possibility of wood heating etc etc ... unfortunately a fool to hack the preferred forum to be polished ... : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/07, 10:29

Here is the doc is online "properly":
https://www.econologie.com/plans-d-un-po ... -3565.html

If the idea of ​​this stove is good (that is to say better performance than a conventional stove a few years ago), I think André is still a little optimistic when he says this:

Such a stove easily heats a house, when it is -25 ° c outside, to 25 ° c in the house with a few logs.

Or they are Canadian logs (ie on an American scale) that must be transported with this kind of "wheelbarrow" : Mrgreen:

Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 12 / 07, 10: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 21/12/07, 19:01

Christophe wrote:
Such a stove easily heats a house, when it is -25 ° c outside, to 25 ° c in the house with a few logs

Or they are Canadian logs (ie on an American scale) that must be transported with this kind of "wheelbarrow" : Mrgreen:

it reminds me of a snowmobile raid in Quebec a few years ago: arrived in the evening at a cabin, at -40 °, the guide recommended that we do not never let the fire go out ... in one room it went well (1 log per hour ...), in the other, a band of parigos who slept all night: in the morning they were shivering with cold and their boots welded to the ground by frost : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/12/07, 20:24

Hello
it reminds me of a snowmobile raid in Quebec a few years ago:

It would not be to the white lake many French tourists come there

Stoves in store

Andre
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 21/12/07, 21:31

Chatham wrote:a band of parigos who have been snoozing all night: in the morning they were shivering with cold and their boots welded to the ground by the frost : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

You have to be really CON not to understand that this is a question of survival !!!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!