Yield wood stove and flue gas temperature

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/10, 16:29

dedeleco wrote:this image of the yield abuk with T and CO2 comes from elsewhere and I can not insert it into the text;
take on the site. This system is too complicated.

You did well but you checked
"Disable BBCode in this message"
in the parameters at the bottom of the writing window and therefore it did not take into account the [tags] I corrected your message!

Thank you for the abacus, it is already moving things forward, because even without measuring the CO2, we have a "range" of efficiency possible just with the T ° of gases!

So at 200 ° C we are almost sure to be at more than 80% yield?

Uh it seems high to me ...

Ah yes it is "just" the combustion efficiency and therefore not the boiler efficiency ... so be careful!

The actual efficiency of the boiler is necessarily lower than the combustion efficiency!
0 x
Christophe

Re: pb water

by Christophe » 19/01/10, 16:38

dedeleco wrote: 200 ° C gives 83% if there is a lot of air with 5% of CO2. It seems a lot to me!

Well yes because it is the combustion efficiency, no boiler ...

On a well regulated oil boiler, the combustion efficiency is very close to 100% (I would say 98-99% in most of the time) ... but it is not the actual boiler efficiency which is between 80 and 90%.

There is even more difference with heat engines!

On an engine (especially diesel) the combustion efficiency is often> 90-95% but the engine efficiency rarely exceeds 30%.

I think that to go below 80% of combustion efficiency on an engine (well adjusted) you have to be on a 2 stroke mob very dirty as we liked in our youth!

ps: I hope that the commercial docs of wood-burning stoves speak of effective efficiency and not combustion efficiency! Good question right?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 19/01/10, 16:48

I think it's the performance of the boiler
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/01/10, 16:50

For the BLT Wieselburg tests (which I often refer to), yes. They have flow meters for the hot water flow at the outlet / cold water flow at the inlet, and they record the temperatures. So they consider useful the calories recovered in water.

On the other hand, they measure the consumption of pellets or platelets, of which they analyze the PCI.

And so they calculate a boiler yield!

The best possible - boiler in continuous operation, new boiler so clean
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/10, 16:57

Yes for the tests in labs, it is an overall yield calculation ("rich" version compared to mine :D) but for the yields> 90% that we can see on some pellet stove docs, we can doubt not? Is it really the overall return?

Besides, did these BLT tests test pellet stoves?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/01/10, 07:55

the T ° of smoke varies from 90 ° to 180 ° on the stoves having these yields.
so it should stick roughly
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/10, 11:17

Ok Philip!

But I would still like to know if the BLT has done "in-house" tests on hot air pellet stoves so ... (forced air is still harder to measure precisely than water! )
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/10, 12:00

Christophe wrote:
but for the yields> 90% that can be seen on some pellet stove docs, we can doubt it? Is it really the overall return?

Besides, did these BLT tests test pellet stoves?

Yes, I sometimes doubt too. In particular that marketing has the art of using the ambiguity of French ... "Returns up to xx%"

See the doc on Rikatronic controlled combustion that you posted ... 96% efficiency, I believe; pollution reduced by 90% compared to untimely (sic!) use of a conventional stove; half of the wood consumed (which means that the yield was less than 50% - in an open fire, of course, in a ouillaouilla insert, why not, in a "modern" stove, already more doubtful ...).

So yes, it is written just about anything ... Mistrust power two!

I do not believe that the BLT tests the stoves, I will see. They have only had a few boilers. But I like to compare their results with each other ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/10, 12:09

Christophe wrote:
But I would still like to know if the BLT has done "internal" tests on hot air pellet stoves so ...

Nothing found significant:

RIKA Evo Aqua, Visio Aqua and Evo Aqua 6 (so a priori, water systems)

Palazetti: mini and idro ecofire ...

So a priori, no!

I don't know who does the tests in Germany / Austria ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/10, 12:11

Uh wait it's good because even if they are water pellet stoves, they are always air too! So air + water hybrids.

Unless you can "cut" one or the other so force the air or the water?

Whatever it will be interesting, you have the link please?
0 x