Pellet burner on low temperature oil boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Papuche37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pellet burner on low temperature oil boiler

by Papuche37 » 18/02/19, 10:26

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. I am very happy to have discovered your forum. I've been "drinking" the posts for over a week.
My journey: I am renovating a house entirely. The insulation is new (very good). The house was equipped with an oil boiler from the 80s which I intended to replace with a Froling pellet stove. Financial concerns force me to abandon premium brands. And there, I discover that it is possible to transform fuel oil boilers into pellets.

1) Is it a good idea to use the old oil boiler I have? Have the heaters progressed since in terms of heat transfer?

2) which brings me to a second question. If I buy a much more recent one (but used - it sells a misery), they are at low temperature. Is it a problem to convert it with a pellet burner on it? I ask that because I think I'm going to a pellasx burner and its regulation. But on their site (I don't know if I can put the link), it says that it is not compatible with low temperature boilers. But I don't really understand why?

Thank you for your help.
Have a lovely day everybody,
Peace.
1 x
Papuche37
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Pellet burner on low temperature fuel oil boiler

by Papuche37 » 18/02/19, 11:10

I forgot to specify certain things:
- Heated floor on the ground floor on 150m2 and radiators upstairs
- solar thermal to come in the very near future for heating and DHW.
- buffer tank of 500 or 600 l, with low heat exchanger for solar.
1 x
justine10
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by justine10 » 31/05/19, 10:05

Hello !

(my first message here: p)

We also have this question, we just made the change for a froling, we did not take the lead especially that in the end the transformation comes back at the same price level sometimes. I admit that the little that we have tested since it is not too much the season, we are satisfied for the moment. To see this winter. At worst if it is not enough it will be necessary to pass to log of wood haha!

Good luck with your installation.
0 x
macky28
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by macky28 » 21/01/21, 16:03

Good morning all .

I discover the forum by seeking information on the possibility and relevance of adapting a pellet burner to an oil boiler.

The house is from 1900, poorly insulated, with central heating from the 80s: Dietrich fuel oil boiler with DHW tank / steel radiators.

I ask myself the question of changing the hot water / heating production mode. So I dig up Papuche37's post to get feedback on the burner motif.

Thanks in advance !
1 x