Okofen, mean cycle time (P114) in free fall

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sebsebien
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Okofen, mean cycle time (P114) in free fall

by sebsebien » 06/02/10, 20:14

Hello,

For 2-3 days my average cycle time has dropped so that I end up with durations of about twenty minutes.

So it's true, the t ° are milder at the moment, does that have a relationship? What adjustments can I make to find acceptable times between 45mn and 60mn like when it is colder?

Another thing that may be symptomatic: I am forced to send a lower setpoint via my interior sensor because otherwise we reach 21 ° in automatic mode.

For this I correct the water law as and when (1 setting / day)

as follows: If T ° ext> 5 then increase the water law by 0,2 and lower the fixed foot by 5 °
Today I have: water law at 1,8 and curve foot at 30 °

I no longer want to lower the fixed base because otherwise my radiators (steel, no heated floor) may no longer heat up for once :frown:

Ah and finally, I change the DHW priority alternately from one day to the next from OFF to ON to see if it influences the average time ....Image

In short I am a little lost there on the settings. I no longer know on which parameter I can play now .....Image

Help me please Image

Thanks for reading me

@+
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 06/02/10, 22:39

With me too, the cycles are also shorter with warming. Normal.
For my steel radiators, I am at a fixed Pt 28 ° and a curve at 0,8.
Try to lower your slope.
In addition, with a hysteresis at 1 and a set point at 19 ° 5 you should not exceed 20 ° 5 because the circulator stops.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
sebsebien
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sebsebien » 06/02/10, 22:59

Thank you Manet42 for responding.

I'm going to adjust the curve again.
0 x
Did67

Re: Okofen, average cycle time (P114) in free fall

by Did67 » 09/02/10, 12:26

sebsebien wrote:
as follows: If T ° ext> 5 then increase the water law by 0,2 and lower the fixed foot by 5 °
Today I have: water law at 1,8 and curve foot at 30 °

I no longer want to lower the fixed foot because otherwise my radiators (steel, no heated floor) may no longer heat up for once: frown:
@+

You can adjust more finely, lowering your foot from degree to degree. Likewise, the slope adjusts by 0,1 (from memory, correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know why it's written like that in the method. At first, to "approach" the balance OK. But afterwards, we can play finer.

Indeed, if you drop from 30 to 25, it may be too much. But from 30 to 28 °, you can try.

And leave the slope a little. You will see if it "holds" when it is very cold. Otherwise, you will put together a chouilla (by 0,1) ...

Or on the contrary, if the temperature will tend to go up too much when it is very cold, that would mean that your slope is a little steep and the regulates it a little too much.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/02/10, 13:30

finding long cycles at any cost is a mistake, what is necessary is to avoid short cycles when temperatures are low, which is a sign of incorrect configuration or sizing.
having short cycles in mild weather is normal.

moreover, finding the right water balance is really difficult when the outside temperatures change too much from one day to another and in addition, we try a new setting per day. it is better to put the V3V in manual and "garner" measures: departure temp, ext temp. and actual interior temp obtained.
with only 4 or 5 measurement points, provided that the outside temperatures have been sufficiently different, we can determine by calculation THE exact water law.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 09/02/10, 18:33

Dirk,

I do not know if sebsebien knows your Excel table "curve parameters calculator"?

He will tell us!
0 x
sebsebien
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sebsebien » 09/02/10, 22:48

Of course I know this tool! : Cheesy:

the proof here: https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager2/1265751979UbxQzC.xls

but I don't know if I'm using it properly :?

I compile the temperatures but over several days because it is difficult to obtain the most opposite temperatures possible within the same day.

Am I doing well or is it useless?
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 09/02/10, 23:19

The higher the outside temperatures. the more distant, the steeper the curve to be fair. During the same day, it is difficult.
Patience.
I seem to have read: "with a pellet boiler, the first year, we observe, the second we try to regulate, the third, we save money ..."
: Lol:
It is also true that with this forum, it's faster.
JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
sebsebien
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sebsebien » 09/02/10, 23:58

good well i won the 1st year thanks to this forum it's already that :)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/02/10, 09:15

one measure per day is sufficient.
what I had done personally, c'et that the days when I was at home all day (the WE) if the outside temperature was "interesting" compared to the points that I already had, I put the V3V in manu to be sure to have a stable departure temp and after 3 or 4 hours, I noted the ambient temperature obtained (+ departure temp + ext. temp.)
then I would put the V3V back in auto until the next WE or I would have the opportunity to take a measurement.
with 4 or 5 ext temp values ​​between -5 and 5 °, it is good to define a line.
On the other hand, I find the time to redo my table to take account of ambient temperatures different from 20 ° because for the moment we have to calculate the curve offset.
0 x

Click my signature