Okofen: power reduction and cycle length

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Bedouin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Okofen: power reduction and cycle length

by Bedouin » 02/01/11, 11:17

Hello,

I had a reduction in the power of my Okofen boiler from 15 to 12 Kw. according to the manufacturer's recommendations, namely switching the p265 from 15 to 12 and then closing 2 heating pipes diagonally after removing the springs and putting plugs.
Well insulated house of 220 m2 at 700m in the Alps.
Since then, no power problem, the house has always been heated properly even by -12C outside.

Results ..... as before, oscillation of V3V and no increase in cycle times. I do not believe it !

I had to touch up the only parameters of the regulation to have a min temperature. from 63 instead of 65 and a stop at 63 + 13 = 76.

On the PLC, everything is standard, nominal temp 70 and max 76.

With these changes I find myself with long cycles sometimes more than 5 hours. But around 2 hours on average.

Looking closely, these are my V3Vs which are too slow to respond to orders from the regulator. My V3V are ABB and I can just change the engine without disassembling everything (hydraulic). So I will see if I can find motorizations compatible with a faster reaction time. Knowing that if I adjust the V3V by hand following the request of the regulator I can quickly set the requested temperature.

Here are my findings to date.

b
0 x
The Caravan passes ...