Okofen and Pellaqua, insufficient heating problem?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 22/12/10, 10:17

I understand that, the first months, I did not stop "tweaking".
My wife even offered to put a camp bed next to the boiler!
After more than 40 years of living together, still jealousy. : Lol:

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Did67

by Did67 » 22/12/10, 11:09

tomgey wrote:
Well yes, my boiler works nickel, cycles of 90 min, temp between 18,5 and 19..

If I understand correctly, you decided to spoil Neek-O's Christmas by disgusting it ???

(joke)
0 x
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Neek-O » 22/12/10, 12:14

News of the day...
A person from Okofen (central) contacted me several times (not Mr Musso, on vacation, but a colleague of his).
The air concerned with my problem, asked me a lot of questions, had already regretted the recordings; and apologized for taking so long to contact me.
He brought the local company (Ardante) back to my house; and the heating engineer decided to join them, in order to redo the problem, both in terms of installation and hydraulic circuit. They spent a good part of the day at my place, checking the pipes, the connections, the valves, the settings, everything from A to Z (from what they told me, anyway); all this on the phone with the central Okofen manager. Finally what I asked from the start (a full check). They have re-set everything in their sauce, and we are leaving for a recording until after New Year; to see if it works properly or not. It happened yesterday, and already in the evening I felt a difference in terms of comfort, this morning when I woke up too. At first glance, I am rather happy this time. We will see if it persists over time, and if it re-freezes (outside temperature 4-5 ° C this morning). However, I did not manage to have a lot of information from Okofen, as to whether there were strange settings at the base, if they had noted errors, ... it seems to 'wait to decide. I just know that among other things, they unplugged the room thermostat (but that cannot be the only change, since we had already tried it before and it had made it a lot worse).

To be continued, I will keep you posted.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/12/10, 12:36

Neek-O wrote:
However, I did not manage to have a lot of information from Okofen, as to whether there were strange settings at the base, if they had noted errors, ... it seems to 'wait to decide.

1) To be a lot on forums Regarding pellet boilers, I guarantee you that there are not many brands that react like that!

2) Now don't ask for the impossible either: asking central Okofen to give you some items for you to "turn on" their local representative, it might be asking a bit much. They continue to work together! No choice.

Which does not mean that behind the scenes, there is no cropping! But not in public, in front of you, knowing that you're going to put this on a forum !

I run a structure which employs around thirty people, it has happened to me several times that one has made a big mistake: vis-à-vis the outside, I have always defended them. This is the condition for being able to continue working together.

But I can tell you that in the privacy of my office, things roared and that these blunders there, they have not been redone (but the potential is infinite!). The requirement is the counterpart of this "cover".

So in my opinion, just demand that it work. Not that in front of you, we turn on the technician or the heating engineer!

Or give you the elements to do it! In public in addition.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/12/10, 12:39

Neek-O wrote:News of the day....

Suddenly, tomgey and manet are going to have a hard time sickening you, right ???

(always kidding)
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 22/12/10, 14:02

Well, I'm glad Neek-O is having a decent Christmas on
a little air:
"Little daddy Okofen when you come down from the sky .." or your pile of pellets.

:P
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Neek-O » 22/12/10, 14:22

Thanks guys ! I still wait a little before rejoicing, but it feels good to feel "comfortable" at home, finally (move in early October .......), after such an investment (both budget level, reflections on which heater to adopt, which brand, etc ...).

In addition, I do not try to light them (or that someone does it in front of me; I have employees and know this kind of concern too); but my approach is mainly to try to understand (and learn) ...

We'll see ;)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/12/10, 14:46

Neek-O wrote:
Besides, I don't try to light them (or that someone does it in front of me ...

Excuse me for having presented my thought badly: I was not lending you this intention. But actually my text suggests it!

I put myself in the place of the Okofen after-sales service, who may wonder how you will react and who will not take the risk of delivering items that could have been used to light them if you were a little vindictive. So I understand they don't say much. And maybe "low profile" too ...

You, like me, have observed that this temptation exists among some on this forum... so I can totally understand them.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/12/10, 14:51

They spent a good part of the day with me ...
already in the evening I felt a difference in terms of comfort, this morning when I woke up too. At first glance, I am rather happy this time.

In your place, I would have followed thoroughly in their shoes, to know with certainty if the maximum power was restrained and why ?? in such a complex system unnecessarily in my opinion !!!
So that it does not happen again !!!!!

all this on the phone with the central Okofen manager.

Apparently, only one at Okofen France masters the beast !!
Finally, they did not speak German !!
0 x
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Neek-O » 22/12/10, 14:57

In your place, I would have followed thoroughly in their shoes, to know with certainty if the maximum power was restrained and why ?? in such a complex system unnecessarily in my opinion !!!
So that it does not happen again !!!!!

Well I would have liked, but as said previously I have schedules which do not allow me this "luxury" ... It is the nanny who "welcomed" them at my place, I could not ask her for them. watch, I prefer that she takes care of the children (!)

That said, I hope all the same in the long term (once all analyzes are finished), to have additional explanations (regardless of whose fault) on the why / how; and above all a confirmation from them to have verified / calculated or at least approximated the "real" power delivered (calculation of the heating time of the LV, for example).
0 x