Boiler or wood boiler installation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/11/07, 16:57

Pretty.....
Yep, it must heat a beast like that.
My boiler was a baby, compared to yours. There, it may be necessary to find someone competent who can calculate the volume of the buffer tank.
This is good, because you will heat for a few hours, to be hot for long hours, like the system of heat accumulation in soap stones.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/07, 17:04

lejustemilieu wrote:it may be necessary to find someone competent who can calculate the volume of the buffer tank.

Pfff you doubt my methods? : Cry:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/11/07, 17:20

Christophe wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:it may be necessary to find someone competent who can calculate the volume of the buffer tank.

Pfff you doubt my methods? : Cry:

If I understand correctly ... you need 7000 liters of buffer? : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/07, 17:38

Uh not far ... but wait I'll create a topic to detail the method.

Please note this is a MAXIMALIST method, ie assuming that there is no loss in the circuits or any calorie removal during the storage period, which is obviously an overestimation which may not be very judicious (extra cost) ...

Besides on this page, he talks about buffers from 300 to 700L which I find very weak but it may be for modern boilers with a certain regulation (self-powered pellets):

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/herve.silve/schemasbois.htm

But which is neither my case nor the case of Mat (I think) ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/11/07, 17:57

Hmm, maybe I'll put a tampon at home too, with my oil boiler (the burner gets dirty by force to start and restart)
André told me that he also made a tampon
And at home, on your DEOM, have you already installed a stamp? I suppose you already talked about it on another post.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/07, 18:55

lejustemilieu wrote:And at home, on your DEOM, have you already installed a stamp? I suppose you already talked about it on another post.

No, I am not yet in technical "unemployment", not yet received the ball or the regular (I will have the next weekend), here is the 1st plan that I had in mind and I will put the second for you in a few minutes:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/installati ... 94-10.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/11/07, 19:23

Christophe wrote:Isn't my diagram beautiful? No one has an opinion? : Cry:

Well, well, and not too complicated.
I have been looking at the DEOM with an intrigued eye for a long time
So i look forward to the results
0 x
Matte Black
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Matte Black » 08/11/07, 19:49

Regarding my boiler, it is less than 20 years old, it is a SCO (Société des Chaudronneries de l'Ouest) model "Mercure",

I do not know if I can put something other than logs, because I do not have the instructions ... It was used in a holiday home, and it worked almost only with a gas burner ...

You ask me if she has a thermo valve ... well I think not ... where will she be?
I read that somewhere there was a system that opened a valve (thermo surely) which sent cold water in case of overheating and the excess came out through the safety valve!
Is it possible ... and effective? While waiting to set up a buffer tank ...?
I would like to use it in the wood this winter to then make the big changes this summer ...
What do you think ?
A+
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/11/07, 19:55

Bonjour Christophe
Christophe wrote:Be careful with the cast iron: ESPECIALLY NO COPPER in the circuits otherwise it will eat your radiators in a few years (oxidation reduction Cu-Al)!

The radiators puffed I have not yet noticed, on the other hand there is a reaction which produces gas and despite plenty of automatic purgers, the nights are embellished with "bloup bloup bloup ......".

The installer maintained that this was normal, and that if I wanted less noise, I had to add detergent to the installation!
The second one I asked said to me, especially don't add detergent, you're going to screw up your balloon. :|

So "bloop bloop bloop ......". : Lol:
Excuse for the off topic. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/11/07, 19:59

matte black wrote:Regarding my boiler, it is less than 20 years old, it is a SCO (Société des Chaudronneries de l'Ouest) model "Mercure",

I do not know if I can put something other than logs, because I do not have the instructions ... It was used in a holiday home, and it worked almost only with a gas burner ...

You ask me if she has a thermo valve ... well I think not ... where will she be?
I read that somewhere there was a system that opened a valve (thermo surely) which sent cold water in case of overheating and the excess came out through the safety valve!
Is it possible ... and effective? While waiting to set up a buffer tank ...?
I would like to use it in the wood this winter to then make the big changes this summer ...
What do you think ?
A+

It would be a shame to inject cold water, in addition, it fouls the heating lines with limestone. + Thermal shock.
Rather try, make small fires, do not load the boiler fully.
But, a pad is nothing more than a large (isolated) radiator, it's not complicated to install
0 x