Wood heating and pollution

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 06/02/10, 08:50

if not on, I had rather expected that a scrubber for fuel oil combustion - acid vapors sulfur (so4h2) and copper mesh for the reduction of this acid

for wood must see exactly what it is
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 06/02/10, 08:57

[As filter dust and gas that is absolutely disappointing: the bad wood made thing in smoking that do not want to mix with water and always come in a smoked out of the scrubber
]
^ I planned it for combustion of fuel is little dust
for wood burning is so bad in a short time is fast fouling

ps: my schema is a block diagram therefore gives free rein to all the mod and the cooler is not necessary because I have a heat recuperateur upstream of the filter
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/02/10, 11:00

copper to absorb the sulfuric acid? too expensive !

copper waste would be an ecological absurdity

the simple limestone is so much cheaper: problem it also will eat through all of the smoked CO2

Btw same problem with the ashes: it also will lose that react with CO2

one can think that even when the strongest SO2 will react first, but it remains to be verified

Another note: your heat recuperateur before you condense filter: it is he who soufrira acid: it is better to use water filter as heat recuperateur: at least you can protect it from corrosion with the right product

but consomation neutralizing product will be strong enough: it is also why I prefer to share the combustion in the gasifier with 2: gas without CO2 is much more economical to neutralyser: then its combustion is directly own
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 06/02/10, 12:58

to know ! the copper is not destroyed
it was he who destroyed the acid because it is found in the form of copper oxide and partly accurate weights
you find it in the flocculant if you retire the water and calcining of the sludge so no metal losses
more his action is complementary to the action of sodium hydroxide

I specified that this system is based on the principle of industrial air scrubbers
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 06/02/10, 13:06

[
recuperateur your heat before you condense filter: it is he who soufrira acid: it is better to use water filter as heat recuperateur: at least you can protect it from corrosion by good product]

disagree ! I have a heat recuperateur before the scrubber, there is no condensation because there is a preheating in a circuit
a fan coil. the temperature rises to 30 ° max

the heat is recuperateur copper and since 3 years, even if a small corrosion is not destroyed (3 mm thick)
Another thing, the design of the chimney imposes constraints to which we are subject, so we landscape from the possibilities
to each his choice
0 x
DreTo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by DreTo » 05/10/14, 00:08

I talk about Chernobyl, but to think about it, asbestos would rather the right subject, the state knew, other countries had banned (if I'm not mistaken), but France continued with ...

no doubt as traders sell crappy inserts, which are nevertheless permitted by the state, why are not they banned?

I think the lobby is not for nothing in this case ...

go tell their people that their polluting chimney and smoke too much, they will say that you will not prohibit them from heat ... in short, the discution would immediately off topic

force people to put filters on their fireplace, this is it really possible, those who are surrounded by people basking in the woods, have noticed all the soot deposited all over the floor, roofs, etc ..., or a filter is good, but given the amount of soot that are everywhere, the filter would quickly clogged in my opinion, especially in my area, but I do not think it seraiit the case of people with inserts of very good quality.

my parents have an oil fired boiler, it surely pollute, but I do not know how far, lla boiler must have 5ans I think she has not a continuous, yet happy

for cars, there are pollution cuts to manufacturer, and technical control signals pollution of their vehicle with driver, why is it not reproduced for the fireplace, and that whatever the energy used?

no, I really think there's a left to do in France, our authorities surely know all that, but do nothing.
it is clear that we already touch with some disease, and cancer, the state does not solve this pollution problem with fireplace, but he will have to rule health expenditures that go with
0 x
Find Cheap Kitchen Cabinets in buy and sell | Buy and sell items locally in Quebec. Find books, Cheap plastic arbor, Prom dresses, PC, ...
takata
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

stoves and inserts standards - wood heating

by takata » 20/01/16, 10:11

Hello everyone,
home in Belgium, it seems qu'ily not have any minimum performance requirement for wood stove / insert and no benefit in terms of information on the performance thereof.

However, it seems to me that this is the case in France with the "green flames" where I am wrong?

Does the pooêle or inserts having no double combustion are authorized for sale in France?

What of the most advanced countries?

Thank you in advance for your insights!
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 20/01/16, 10:28

hi and yes everything is allowed for sale and use in France, as long as you do not ask for subsidies for a particular thing.

if you want to subsidies for replacement wood stove, heater, choose the green flames, not ask a pro etc ..... or you can warm you with anything.

careful when even in some area as Paris or fireplace hearth was banned not long, I do not know if the other areas open fire is prohibited.
0 x
takata
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by takata » 20/01/16, 10:39

Thank you for your prompt response !
0 x
Christophe

Re: Wood heating and pollution

by Christophe » 25/03/21, 19:31

0 x