Heat exchanger VMC DF ecnaroui

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
diablotruc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by diablotruc » 05/08/10, 15:00

Hello ecnaroui

According to you, you have invented an ultra simple heat or cold exchanger system.

I can reread your explanatory texts and go over the plans, but unfortunately I cannot understand your invention or its interest.

Or its sources of hot or cold that allow an exchange?

Sorry, but maybe it was the holidays that tired my brain!

If you could light my lantern I would be very grateful.

cordially
0 x
ecnaroui
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecnaroui » 05/08/10, 15:01

Hello diablotruc

Is it necessary to understand to do? it's not always true but for you as for me it still seems valid.
So here, briefly, why I designed this exchanger.

When I had my house built I wanted to heat it with a very ecological wood stove. But a stove can "draw" more or less well, hence the need for a VMI to renew, in the best possible conditions, the air in the house and the stove.

I confirm your statement "I invented an ultra simple heat or cold exchanger system" except that my exchanger always exchanges hot for cold in all circumstances. It is one of the aspects of the physical reality of the air to be taken into consideration in order to understand HOW it WORKS.
Last edited by ecnaroui the 15 / 08 / 10, 23: 32, 2 edited once.
0 x
ecnaroui
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecnaroui » 05/08/10, 15:20

deleted by author
Last edited by ecnaroui the 07 / 08 / 10, 17: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 05/08/10, 15:37

Re,

Is it necessary to understand to do?

Understanding is practical enough to avoid making mistakes.
However my exchanger is "not normal" since it has only one and unique air flow

If he only has one flow, where does he get the calories to warm up? Especially since the exchanger (which does not have one since it does not exchange) is in an insulated trunk.

I already answered earlier it is the thermal losses of the fan which heats the incoming air.

Anyway, you just reinvented the VMI with a larger footprint, a higher energy consumption to compensate for pressure losses
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
ecnaroui
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecnaroui » 05/08/10, 15:56

From aerialcastor
Quote:
I already answered earlier it is the thermal losses of the fan which heats the incoming air.

Anyway, you just reinvented the VMI with a larger footprint, a higher energy consumption to compensate for pressure losses

The fan of my exchanger is located downstream of the exchanger and in suction mode precisely so as not to have this handicap (warm the fresh air with its engine.

From what dimension is there congestion?
I propose an outside exterior box of 0 m 74 X 0 m 59 X 0 m 54, ie a volume of 0,236 m3 !!!.

An error to avoid if possible but it is true that conventional exchangers do not help to understand the complexity of heat exchanges: My exchanger DOESN'T HEAT MORE THAN IT COOLS.
Last edited by ecnaroui the 21 / 08 / 10, 17: 00, 4 edited once.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 05/08/10, 16:31

The fan of my heat exchanger is downstream of the heat exchanger and in suction mode for precisely not to have this handicap

It changes absolutely nothing. The heat losses are recovered by the air flow.
Besides, it's better like that, it would obviously be stupid to do without it.

Your picture is quite strange.
The left part especially.
I must explain the interest when the outside temperature is below 19 ° C, to cool the air before injecting it into the house ...

For the right part, the gains in degree are so small that one can even wonder if it is not measurement uncertainties.
Besides, how do you calculate your yields? Because you have to take into account the temperature AND the incoming and outgoing air flows.

And all the stuff is there there enters more air than it leaves because of the pressure losses, which are in fact only friction therefore heat.
In any case, the efficiency takes place only if there is exchange between 2 air flows.
And that's the whole problem with your system, you circulate the air in an insulated pipe, where do you want the calories to come from to heat the incoming air?

My exchanger DOES NOT HEAT MORE THAN IT COOLS.

This is the problem, what is it for then?
0 x

ecnaroui
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecnaroui » 05/08/10, 17:36

from aerialcastor
This is the problem, what is it for then?

I say it explicitly on page 4 of this thread
Last edited by ecnaroui the 21 / 08 / 10, 17: 04, 2 edited once.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 05/08/10, 19:03

If I understood everything, the chamber of the box is completely closed. At first I thought it had a hole to balance with the ambient temp. That's right?

This exchanger only exchanges heat contained in air with another heat contained in another more or less hot air.

This is the whole principle of an exchanger. Except that in your case you recover the calories in the chamber of the box, which has a very low volume, suddenly the energy recovery is very limited. After a few minutes there is nothing left to recover.

At the start of the experiment, the room is at room temperature, and very quickly it will end up at the outside temperature (in reality a little warmer because of the heat losses from the fan and the pressure drops).

Since you have no energy input (except heat loss) how do you want the air to heat up? In VMC 2f energy is recovered from the stale air.

And then a return is between 0 and 1. How can you have negative or unitary returns, your calculation is necessarily wrong
0 x

ecnaroui
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecnaroui » 05/08/10, 20:06

from aerialcastor
And then a return is between 0 and 1. How can you have negative or unitary returns, your calculation is necessarily wrong

Indeed a return is what you say.

Here is an explanation (and there are bound to be others):

My exchanger is designed inside a room and the room is also designed "inside" a more or less important environment. However, the returns of this exchanger take into account this external environment and not "itself" because in the latter case everyone knows that all things are balanced. Nothing is lost, nothing is created everything is transformed.
Last edited by ecnaroui the 21 / 08 / 10, 17: 14, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/10, 20:12

Precisely the thermo is complex and therefore it is a lot of real tests in addition to the calculations ...

So question: do you have a functional prototype of testing your exchanger?
0 x