Problems with pellet burner Ferroli sun P7

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 04/03/15, 10:57

I have to look at the resistance in detail. It is expected at the end of the heating season. I will keep you informed.
For dust, the bottom of the silo is made up of a fairly fine and solid grid which opens onto a "dust container" that I can suck. It works pretty well, but it is true that the quality of the pellet matters a lot.
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 09/03/15, 16:23

Hello everyone who follows this post,
my supplier can not provide ignition resistance delivery at this time. So if Ramiro60 can deposit on this wire the information concerning the resistance, I am taker (long, power). Searching various forums, replacing the resistance with ceramic models seems to be a plus (longevity and rapidity of ignition).
I put a link for those interested.
http://crystaltechnica.com/opencart/ind ... uct_id=139

I do not know what to say more except my satisfaction after the installation of this burner. I started my third ton this week. Madam being at home for pregnancy, we heat all day and the sunP7 is doing well. If my calculations are good, the burner and boiler will be profitable in late winter (or early next winter because the oil is very low ...), ie soon.

@+
Tikteklak
0 x
Emily77
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Emily77 » 02/04/15, 20:39

Hello if someone can help me please I am looking for a resistance for feroli burner I have a lot of trouble finding if someone would have a link to order one I am interested. Thank you in advance.
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 03/04/15, 14:04

Looking on ebay:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Resistance-allum ... 1c5010cb24

The ideal would be that ramiro60 can give us the characteristics of the resistance that it has already changed several times ...

If no other solution, dismount (which will have to be done if it is HS), look at the features and find a similar one.
0 x
tangosierra
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tangosierra » 06/04/15, 13:28

I also found this
http://www.emundia.com/ignition-electro ... er39833290
http://pieces-chaudieres.fr/de/sondes/1 ... un-p7.html
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Resistance-allum ... 1c5010cb24

Nothing at ESC wholesaler, not good!
In Germany too late appros from what I understood.
Worrying ...
As Tikteklak says, a resistance is all stupid, remains to find one that will return to housing.
Good luck
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 22/04/15, 10:30

Return of the ignition resistance for sun P7 at esc wholesaler!
0 x
cokoly
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cokoly » 23/04/15, 08:15

Hello,

I have also had a ferroli sun p7 burner for a year. I have already used two lighters in one season. The second igniter was a new model "hardened" igniter. Considering the purchase price of the parts and the discomfort I am looking for a solution to this problem.
I found on aliexpress lighters:

http://fr.aliexpress.com/premium/allume ... =y&catId=0

According to you the igniter must touch the pellets to light them or it is enough that it is 2-3 cm pellets?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 23/04/15, 11:11

Hello,
no ignition resistance is not in direct contact with the pellets. The resistance heats the air, and it is the hot air that causes the burning of the pellet. Looking at my burner, I would say that there is about 4-5 cm between resistance and pellets.
I understand your situation regarding the replacement of this igniter because indeed the prices are high. However, if you still have HS resistance, take its characteristics (length, diameter, threading) and any other resistance meeting these characteristics will do (and drop this info on the forum to benefit others).
The ceramic resistances seem indeed to be effective by heating more quickly and by consuming less energy.
What I find strange is this double replacement in one year! The tracks to be digged to explain this could be a supply of pellets not always OK (in this case the burner makes three attempts of ignitions before going out of supply) / too many starts on a related day can to be at a thermostat too much histeresis ...

Seen from home, the search for 'generic' resistance is as important as understanding why two of them dropped in one year! For me, the same lighter has been in operation for three years.

Do not hesitate to react!
0 x
cokoly
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cokoly » 23/04/15, 13:15

Thank you for your reply!

I measured the distance between the pellets in the burner and the location of the igniter and in my opinion the igniter touches the pellets. I specify that my igniters were original pieces. Each time I see the same thing, the tip of the igniter is missing, it was burned, (fade?).
On aliexpress I found an igniter that makes 148 mm.
The original piece is 19.5 cm. There is 4.5 cm difference. But being shorter it will not touch pellet and so the end will no longer be damaged by the heat of the pellets. You think that from this distance (4.5) cm the pellets will ignite?
I have a room out of order. I have not disassembled but I can send a photo with the dimensions and features.

Information about the igniter:
ht59277 w350 v 230
1130/80801
0 x
Tikteklak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tikteklak » 23/04/15, 14:15

Indeed, if there is contact, there is inevitably degradation of the resistance during the ignition. I confirm for myself the distance of 4-5cm between the end of the resistance and the pellets.
Maybe your settings generate too much pellets when first loaded ...

Anyway big thank you for the features it will be very useful for many people. For my part, I will test a ceramic resistance for you. The heat released is more important (up to 800 ° C), there should be no problem for burning the pellet.
0 x