Power consumption gas boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Power consumption gas boiler

by Tinevez » 20/08/13, 15:32

As part of energy performance work, I wanted to isolate my house (attic + insulation from the outside).

A little lost in the contradictory advice of trade different boxes, I spoke at the information-energy in my town.

They were very surprised to see that I had a monthly consumption of 80 euros for gas and 100 electricity euros. Indeed, the hot water and the heating come from my condensing boiler (which 5 years, the top of the time, a priori). In addition, I recently replaced all my lights with LEDs, my appliance is class A or A +, I do my laundry at 30 ° or cold. In short, weird being sober gas and not electricity.

So I borrowed an econometer to "track down unnecessary Watts". Indeed, during the first 24 hours (no change in my lifestyle), I consumed 24 kWh, which seems enormous to me: that is 1000W of connected on average, in the middle of summer, with almost no light.

I quickly identified some energy "leaks", some devices in particular on standby, consuming up to 15W (since I cut them "completely" very systematically)

My usage has fallen sharply, to 18-20 kwh / 24h about.

The old electricity meter is inaccurate, difficult to know the instant cons. I even tried to differentiate between day and night, or rather time when everyone sleep and that in which at least one person is lifted (the period when everyone sleep is short, because my children go to bed and rise early unlike my wife and I).

But hey, apart from this uncertainty (1 kWh of average error, 2 at most) I find consumption of around 5 kWh / 24h at night (i.e. at least 200W of total power. However, my fridge and my freezer are classes A and A + (50W on average over 24 hours in all, checked by an ecnonometer), while my box consumes 20W. I therefore "lacked" more than 100W.

I finally measure the conso my condensing boiler: 90W average night, when there is nothing to do almost.

Hence my questions (sorry it's messy)
1 - is it normal for a gas boiler consumes as much electricity
2 - even the 90 + 50 + 20 = 160W does not explain the 200-250W that I measure at night. However, I even took a long measurement (36h) by cutting off everything else (by cutting everything except the 4 devices mentioned at the electrical panel, it was radical!). Ditto when I am supposed to go up to 1000W during the day, no matter how much I add the powers of the devices, I cannot reach 1000W. So should I have my meter checked? EDF tells me that if they "travel for nothing" they will bill me for the trip. So it scares me a little.
3 - maybe it is normal to have more total consumption than the sum of the devices (I don't know, say 20% of "losses") if so, please tell me what order it should be.

Thank you in advance
0 x
Did67

Re: electricity consumption gas boiler

by Did67 » 20/08/13, 15:42

Tinevez wrote:1 - is it normal for a gas boiler consumes as much electricity

????? Amazing, indeed.

What I suggest you:

a) shut off the boiler one night, during a measurement. To confirm.

b) If you have the manual, see what it says? Or find it on the internet?

[For a long time, as you realized with the watches, the manufacturers didn't really care about the "standby" consumption. This might explain that ? There must be at least one safety for the flame that is "spinning" all the time]
0 x
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: electricity consumption gas boiler

by Tinevez » 20/08/13, 16:27

Did67 wrote:
Tinevez wrote:1 - is it normal for a gas boiler consumes as much electricity

????? Amazing, indeed.

What I suggest you:

a) shut off the boiler one night, during a measurement. To confirm.

Well, it consumes less. But not so little. Short. This seems to confirm 90W electric boiler, but despite the significant drop, I did not reach the expected 70W, far from it.
Did67 wrote:
b) If you have the manual, see what it says? Or find it on the internet?

Rated power 160W. I sent an email to technical support.
Did67 wrote:[For a long time, as you realized with the watches, the manufacturers didn't really care about the "standby" consumption. This might explain that ? There must be at least one safety for the flame that is "spinning" all the time]

That's true, but the boiler end date 2007, it seems to me that the standards had already moved (right?)
0 x
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tinevez » 21/08/13, 11:16

I resumed my econometer: 1,1 Kwh in 12h, so yes, it is around 90W. For a time I did not use hot water once, it seems to me enormous.

No response from the technical service, against the Savelys technician vien control the boiler Friday
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/08/13, 14:40

It is not obvious that this is abnormal: when your boiler is "on standby" (not to say "standby"), probably everything is working: safety devices, sensors, electronic circuits, transformer, etc ... And that this was not designed to be ... thrifty (no classification; no standards: I don't know when they are in force, but the standards concern "watches", not "standbys"

I hope the circulator stops!
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Noise circulator

by fabio.gel » 21/08/13, 16:44

Tinevez

could you stp give us the references of your boiler please?

A consumer 90 w on standby it is still much : Cry:

By comparison a chaffoto consumes 3.8 w Standby

http://www.chaffoteaux.fr/niagara-c-green.html

see under feature tab and performance
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tinevez » 21/08/13, 18:02

it's a HTE DUO 3.33

far confirms my fears: 90W average (with peaks at 154W)

PS: can have the go to standby, but how?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/08/13, 21:29

According to the instructions found on the Internet: http://www.chappee.com/25/Collectif+et+ ... +3.24-3.33

that would be between 15 and 68 W for the "auxiliaries" pump out (Which should only walk with heating).

All the same !
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 21/08/13, 23:01

I have a gas boiler which makes me heating, hot water and kitchen (cooktop 4 lights).
Calydra boiler-delta 2003 of Chaffoteaux; electrical power consumption 150 w according to the instructions.

The oven is electric and I have no dryer; otherwise, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge medium for cooking, fridge-freezer compartments 2 reserve, microwave, TV, 2 ordis, box live, low consumption lamps everywhere.

My power consumption is almost invariable: 2350 2450 to Kw Kw per year; That's about 35 euros / month subscription included.
0 x
Tinevez
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tinevez » 22/08/13, 00:56

Did67 wrote:that would be between 15 and 68 W for the "auxiliaries" pump out (Which should only walk with heating).

So 90W is too much, too much. I hope at least that it does not heat up (this power could be explained by the circulator, but the radiators seem cold and the boiler seems - according to the remote display - in "domestic water only" mode (tap light on and radiator warning light off)
0 x