VMC double flow board with wood burning pellets

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
hedgehog
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

VMC double flow board with wood burning pellets

by hedgehog » 11/03/12, 23:21

Hello everyone,
I am renovating an old granite house of 70 cm on the ground floor, around 90 m² on three levels, ceilings at 2,5m.
I installed a 30 KW pellet boiler and a 10kw invicta oxo wood stove. heating level it's not bad.
this summer i will redo the insulation of the roof with 25 cm of cellulose panels. we will re-insulate the walls in the rooms for which it is possible.
the windows are double glazed
but before installing the insulation, I ask myself the question of ventilation: it is worth it to put a vmc double flux.
currently, the kitchen has an extractor hood, one of the bathrooms has only natural ventilation, the other an old single flow vmc.
If I put a double flow, I could resume the existing output.
the air intake will be in the lost attic, taking advantage of an existing skylight, the engine would be in the same attic, insulating the box.
my problem is that to bring the suction to the kitchen, I have 13m then a 90 ° elbow, 3m then 45 ° elbow 4m and wall mouth.
for bathroom 1, we take the same 13m then a 90 ° elbow, 3m then 45 ° elbow, then 1m, 90 ° elbow and 3m to reach the top of the bathtub and ceiling mouth.
for bathroom 2, 1m vertical, without elbows.
wc: 3 and 5 m direct vertical.

for blowing, 3m horizontal, 90 ° bend, 3m, 45, 50cm bend for a room.
then, 8m horizontal, 90 ° elbow, 3m, 45 and 1m elbow for the second bedroom glued to sdb1
then 8m horizontal, 90 ° elbow, 3m, 45 and 3m elbow for the living room, next to the kitchen.
and finally, 1 and 3 m direct vertical to reach the rooms near the toilets.
which model would you advise me to have sufficient power.
knowing that there is no big bp of humidity, it is worth it, can we hope a gain on the heating.
I take all your advice, thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/04/12, 23:34

0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 23/04/12, 09:41

you turn the old vmc, you close the outlet of the hood to put it in "recycling" mode, you condemn the old ventilation to doors and windows, you make sure that your house is completely airtight (test blower door or the same but artisanal) and you stick a VMC df of at least 90% rdt.
the cheapest: Pavillon air self-rotating 90df or 93df.

voila, there you will gain your cash and you will keep your thousands of watt of heat in addition to distributing it well.

8)
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/04/12, 13:53

: Arrowu: Very good remarks.
That's what I did, but I kept my extractor hood (which is more efficient than a ductless hood).
However, redoubling losses, and above all, unwanted air inlets, I mounted a check valve on it.
As I blocked the air inlets to the windows, the hood works poorly and forces the window to be opened a little or activate the "chimney" mode of the VMC.

Installing a blower door to test the tightness of your home seems excessive (creating the tools, the smoke system ...), it's a job,blower.

The VMC DF pavilion air gyroplane is indeed inexpensive (around 700 € without the air distribution network or installation). It suffers from a fairly bad reputation for reliability, I have read almost 40% of after-sales service returns, which is enormous.

Personally, I did not skimp on the price (3000 € for the power plant and as much for the air distribution network), but the quality of the HELIOS equipment is incomparable ... and I am satisfied with the result.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 23/04/12, 14:03

Thank you great guru!
I am a mown hair and a stingy hair and a handyman hair, that's why the choices.

for the infiltrometry, you are not obliged to have the measurements to see if you have losses.
a tarpaulin, a fan and a smoke machine and rolls.
Anyway, my hut is not BBC.

as for the network, it will be pvc for the outputs and galvanized input.
0 x

I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/04/12, 15:03

You mean PVC for the extraction of air from humid rooms and the rejection to the outside and the galva for all the fresh air, including the blowing in the living rooms, I suppose.

I have all deployed in anti-static 75mm FRS conduits. (I have 40m left). The tightness of the network is tip top.
8)

antoinet111 wrote:I am a mown hair and a stingy hair and a handyman hair, that's why the choices.
Anyway, my hut is not BBC.
as for the network, it will be pvc for the outputs and galvanized input.
Broke, stingy and handyman a bit, we are brothers. 8)
Guru, I'm not, just a poor wretch in search of he doesn't know what ...
Madame wanted to do big work and the banker accepted, the tax credit financed the VMC DF (which I installed myself) and the insulation of the attic ...
My barrack is not BBC either (she is 36 years old). :?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 23/04/12, 16:47

Yes that's it.
0 x