Comparative Table of insulation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
denk hout
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Comparative Table of insulation

by denk hout » 24/01/07, 14:56

Hello everyone
as part of a search on the insulating materials
for an upcoming renovation,
and interested in the natural insulation Homatherm
I looked at a comparative table for
the most common insulating materials;
indicating the density, thermal conductivity,
and their levels of ACERMI feature. : Idea:
This file picture I found and I do not know the origin
entitled SEALANTS AND INSULATION (February 2002).
as shown it dates from 2002.
and therefore this table does not show the famous "rain shield" wood fiber panels. :|
in fact more precisely I am looking for a comparison between this panel UD and other insulation more classic but less eco
if anyone can help me,
tell me an interesting link he is welcome
thank you in advance!

Edit by moderation: here is a synthetic comparison taking into account the different possible criteria:
https://www.econologie.com/eco-construct ... -3171.html

source: comparison insulating
1 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

insulating board

by bolton069 » 07/02/07, 22:16

Hello,

Finally, here is my comparison chart insulators. (Promised a long time ago to Christopher on another thread) It compares my price I got for various insulation with equivalent thermal resistance !!

This is the result of the small market study that I realized in October 2006, prior to the isolation of my attic (Region of Liège, Belgium.). And we feel really, this insulation, even if it is only a beginning. 8)

On reflection, I'm not quite on the price of extruded PS (polystyrene foam), I had to make a note of decision error, it seems low to me. And I feel a little silly to have left 4 decimals in an excel formula : Oops:
1 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/02/07, 22:47

I find the right column (M² price equivalent) very relevant: thank you.

But I would add to the credit rockwool its acoustic power, well above the glass wool, really useful when you live near Bierset ... : Cheesy:

Do your calculations and prices take into account the presence of a sheet of aluminum on the inside, which eventually acts as a vapor barrier ???
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 08/02/07, 00:34

Is not cellulose wadding recycled paper fibers ?!
If so, does it not normally have a poorer thermal conductivity lamba ?!

Besides, could you also give us the lambda units and R stp ?!

The thank you box :D
0 x
david29
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by david29 » 08/02/07, 07:41

Thank you to you for this job and bravo! However, I wonder about is the life of wool products like glass or rock as D system would age well with time ??? It seems that these two products are bunched together and lose their insulating shot.

I am blueffé the result of hemp on the other hand.

Kénavo
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 08/02/07, 09:42

david29 wrote:Thank you to you for this job and bravo! However, I wonder about is the life of wool products like glass or rock as D system would age well with time ??? It seems that these two products are bunched together and lose their insulating shot.

Kenavo to bres'mêm ' : Lol:

In fact the main defects 3 mineral wools (in their use, production is something else) are
  • as you said, they pile up and lose in 10ans up to 50% of their thickness - so their insulating power.
  • This settlement is accompanied by a spraying (in the 1er sense of the term: transformation into powder) which releases into the house micro particles of glass of approximately the same size as the asbestos particles.
  • the mineral wools lose up to 70% of their effectiveness as soon as they contain more than 30% water. Natural insulations such as wool or cellulose wadding, however, keep their insulating capacity well beyond this moisture content
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 08/02/07, 12:39

hi to all symap the table ... thank you bolton069

Targol wrote:In fact the main defects 3 mineral wools (in their use, production is something else) are

it's clear it's the daube the mineral wool ... lifetime less than 10ans ... that of the building about 50ans ...
vazy ... live the heating overonso for 40ans !!! plus all the m ... that you breathe ... :frown:

I am still amazed at the price of cellulose wadding !!! the glass wool bean ... I thought this cheaper and more competitive recycling material .... where do you get these bolton069 prices?

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/02/07, 13:34

Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 02 / 07, 13: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 08/02/07, 13:35

that it is polyurethane?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/02/07, 13:47

paotop wrote:that it is polyurethane?

If you talk about the crap that is sold in bomb and expands, it is the most expensive of the insulating reported m2 all confused insulation (even Perlite).

Obviously nobody would have the idea to isolate a roof with this product ...
0 x