Small stove Wood boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Small stove Wood boiler

by Akasha » 21/07/11, 12:22

Hello

Being in frantic and almost desperate search for a boiling stove that suits our needs, I solicit the immense population of forum to give me a hand.

I'm looking for a small wood-fired stove.

Everyone I find is too big for the area in which we live, ie 60 m².
A power of 9 KW is a big maximum according to our calculations, with the idea of ​​providing hot water (50 liter tank) and 3 small radiators. in each room.
Should we go to Germany to find these models? Or even downright in Ukraine ???
Thank you for sharing with me your experience and your knowledge of the different models of SMALL boilers ..!

For yourself
Akasha
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/07/11, 12:49

This model could interest you. It is a mini boiler stove prototype (not in the tailor-made catalog) given for 12-13 kW total. It is based on the deom 4 model.

What is your budget? What region are you in?

Because I hardly use it anymore (change of circuit and habits) ... so I thought I would eventually sell it.

I had plugged it into the DHW and a radiator ... during a winter, but I realized that the DHW heating with wood was too many constraints and terrible performance if you do not live in the room where it is installed (which was my case)

Here is how and what it is mounted on: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaudiere- ... t4589.html
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/07/11, 14:46

terrible performance

because exchanger of small surface and therefore too hot leaving gases.
But if the surface is good, the exchanger becomes dirty and needs to be cleaned often !!

Result only the big very expensive boilers with good exchanger, with automatic cleaning and double combustion !!

One possibility, take a double combustion stove and add a good vertical DIY exchanger at the gas outlet with cleaning at least once a day by movable grate.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 21/07/11, 21:45

Good evening,

There is a model at Cashin on which the manufacturer has adapted a boiler.
Go see here

http://www.cashin-france.com/chauffage- ... illeur.php

User feedback

http://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Expe ... %20cashin/

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/07/11, 22:19

Thanks for the looping info.
Here is the diagram: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... rq2vuU.pdf

Strange mounting of this buffer: the wooden buffer tank with an integrated electrical resistance?

Either it strongly limits the size of the buffer tank or it makes you heat radiator heating water with electricity ... not top ...

It would have been better to have this large buffer tank (800 or 1000L) and a smaller DHW tank with electrical complement, right?

I also did not understand the 2 versions of the boiler?

In any case, it has the merit of existing!
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 22/07/11, 12:49

Bonjour,

Indeed the manufacturer's diagram shows rather a simplified multi-energy installation, than a functional and optimal installation.

The resistance in the buffer is only there for periods without wood heating, if there is no other means of heating, or in the summer, in the absence or insufficient sun, since the DHW is on instant heat exchanger.

The version of the boiler with cooling circuit allows, when the thermal safety valve is opened, to send cold water from the network without opening the pressurized circuit.
The cooling takes place by heat exchange (coil?) Inside the boiler, without pressure.

A+
0 x
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Akasha » 23/07/11, 14:57

Hi everybody,

First of all thank you Christophe for your suggestion but we live in a small wooden chalet where there is no space for another "special stove" room; and as the stove can only be in the main living room I would like something aesthetic a minimum even if I am not looking for the top design, it has to be big anyway!

I have already seen this model at cashin but the stove it offers seems to me too big and too expensive because super design etc ... We pay more for the design around than the system itself ...

No one has experienced foreign products? Notably German?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 23/07/11, 17:56

Indeed, for such a small power there is almost nothing to wood to my knowledge.
Some loose tracks:
-The Curry model wood stove from Deville, but billed at more than € 4000 public price.
-MCZ sells something called acquaplus which could inspire you for a self-build according to the idea of ​​Dedeleco.
-if aesthetics don't count, there are 6kw wood boilers ... in Germany

Finally in the wood you will need a storage tank against overheating. So I wonder if it would not be better to take a pellet boiler that you can limit in power and that stops and restarts automatically which avoids the ball. some go down to 3kw.
0 x
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Akasha » 23/07/11, 18:57

Hello Philippe

Do you think the ball is necessary? What about my chess ball?
Not enough?
I am not yet well informed about the necessary installation, it seemed to me that the one presented by Cashin above was sufficient?
Thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out right away.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 23/07/11, 23:21

50L is really insufficient, especially since they are supposed to be already at 60 °. And in off-season the stove should be lit 1 to 2 x per day for the DHW, either heat 50L and then finished? It doesn't seem very practical ...
So in my opinion a 200L minimum balloon and a circuit that uses it to absorb excess calories when the thermostatic valves close. We can even consider cooling it to a minimum T ° to increase the inertia of the heating circuit.
This does not mean that there is no need for a cooling coil or a double discharge valve for hot water + reintegration of cold water. Cashin recommends even more, 500 or 1000 L and I find it absurd to heat the DHW instantly with an exchanger from the buffer tank.

it ends up in a gas factory, interesting technically but less financially.
0 x