Action ökofen France on regulation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/03/09, 14:48

Uh did, could you please clarify points 2) and 3) (like many members who do not have ökofen I only followed your subjects and essays from afar)?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/03/09, 17:53

Christophe wrote:Uh did, could you please clarify points 2) and 3) (like many members who do not have ökofen I only followed your subjects and essays from afar)?

Point 2: it's very simple; go to page 3 of the same thread and read my message of February 18th / 14:03 pm ... I "lit" Okofen. I was wrong. I admit it publicly. And I apologize - I try to be civilized, as you know it, Christophe (that does not remind you anything, exchange with a certain gentleman on another thread ????).

Point 3: I have "oscillating input" problems on my boiler, due to the significant inertia of the slabs (underfloor heating); that's what made me quite active on this thread ... And since Okofen handed us the pole, I did not take the time to take the readings, I did not succeed to make the recordings (a history of formatting the CF card) and the end of the heating season will arrive ... Result: I have not yet been able to benefit from this support from the Okofen technical service (Mr. Musso). While I was one of those who "precuted". In short, the eternal story of the poorly shod shoemaker !!! That's all. It's stupid for me!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/03/09, 18:01

Ok thank you for the clarifications, ÖkoFEN is indeed (briefly but still) here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/action-oek ... 91-20.html

ÖkoFEN wrote:Since the installation of the first ÖkoFEN in 2002 in France, it is common for us to be in contact with passionate customers who camp in front of their boiler to understand the ins and outs.
This expertise of our customers contributes to the constant improvement of our products, their performance and their reliability. We are constantly optimizing our products, analyzing each parameter, to always obtain more satisfaction and quality of service.

"
So when will the "Pelletronic Plus Ver. Econo 2.0" version be released? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Jericho
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jericho » 23/03/09, 18:21

Did67 wrote:And since Okofen handed us the pole, I haven't taken the time to do the readings, I failed to make the recordings (a story of formatting the CF card) and the end of the heating season will arrive ...

You did not give me any feedback for the software that I indicated to you -> here <-
so I thought it was OK.

I suggested you contact me by PM in this post : we could have exchanged our addresses (especially since we are from the same department) and thus you could have sent me your CF for formatting under Linux.

My proposal still stands. : Wink:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/03/09, 21:56

Christophe wrote:[...] ÖkoFEN actually passed (briefly but still) here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/action-oek ... 91-20.html

If you say that after my intervention, I know.
But I thought it would be good if they ironed now.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 12/11/09, 13:28

Last version of the white regulation, September 09.
Notes taken into account and much better translation.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... HYWYdk.pdf

JC
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 12/11/09, 15:49

yep, blah only 2 pages when the basic doc is 52
0 x
Click my signature
totorodelavega
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by totorodelavega » 15/11/09, 01:15

Hello everybody
I have a cruel dilemma: after having consulted several installers, I find myself hesitating in the end between Okofen and Hargassner.
This discussion only half reassures me about Okofen.
But some of you (Did67, ...) seem to have explored the question well, here is the situation.

From a strictly financial point of view, after negotiation Okofen is around 1000 euros cheaper and guaranteed 5 years against 7 for Hargassner.

Hargassner Standard HSV 15 kW + (silo 4T, DHW 300L with resistance, flue, panoply, MO): 19800 incl.

Okofen PES 15 kW + (4T silo, ECS 300L with resistance, flue gas, panoply, MO): 18700 incl.

Expensive for my taste but struggled (even multiple installers for the same brand). I don't think I can do better (Paris region). And then I am convinced, I reason at 20 years old.

It is from a technical point of view that I hesitate. I can't figure out what the best technology is. On the one hand, Okofen boasts of an air "recirculation" system that would avoid the need for the lambda probe, of an integrated return temperature increase device (what is it for? heating power like Hargassner?) and finally a Volcano type fireplace which eliminates ash by overflow which avoids having a vibrating ash grid (that I understand, any mechanical part is a potential source of failure). In addition, if there is a problem of undersizing, it is possible to switch to 20 kW easily (same machine clamped).
Hargassner claims for its part a variable boiler temperature (40 to 80 ° C. Does this mean that the boiler no longer works in all or nothing? That the Okofen does not have the equivalent?), A hearth made of material refractory (the advantage seems obvious over steel, but after reading some post it's not so clear) and lambda probe (like most other "reputable" manufacturers except Okofen) for optimizing conditions of combustion according to the quality of the pellet (good, if they say so).
Hargassner tells me that they can be 1500euros cheaper if I take the Classic model (no variable boiler temperature) which, according to them, amounts to the Okofen model that is offered to me elsewhere.

Finally, while searching the net, I did not find much precise when with these compared technical specifications except your discussion on the problem of stability of regulation with Okofen. I don't really want to bother with a crappy regulation system.

Here. Both brands have a good reputation. Is one better than the other?
What are the impacts of the different technologies?
What to choose ?
I have to go fast now if I want everything to be done before 31/12/2009!
Thank you for your contributions.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 15/11/09, 09:13

I had also hesitated with hargassner and also froling.
I chose okofen for its technical simplicity which in my opinion should be synonymous with reliability over time.
in particular the lambda probe system does not please me at all because it seems that this probe clogs up very quickly and at best on some brands, the combustion becomes unregulated,
at worst on other brands the boiler breaks down as long as the probe has not been changed.
the volcano hearth is also a very good system (patented) for ash removal (I descend 2 to 3 times per heating season). the hargassner refractory hearth is a plus because combustion takes place at high temperature.
in short, the okofen is very simple and will last a long time I think.
for the regulator, it is true that they used regulators designed at the base for gas or fuel oil boilers I think and modified them.
there are bugs and small details that could be improved. there is a chance that it will be the same with the others but you have to know that it remains detail. overall, it works well if the boiler has been properly sized. above all, beware of oversizing and not rely on the power of the existing oil boiler
return heating is necessary on all boilers, this is to prevent excessively cold parts of the heating body from condensing the fumes. each brand has its own system or not in the boiler. in some, it is an exchanger on the return pipe.
all pellet boilers are modulating in power by varying the quantity of pellet and the intake air. they don't work all or nothing
for example on an okofen 15kw, it modulates between 4kw and 15kw
on the other hand I do not believe too much in the argument of the boiler temperature variation. In my opinion, it is to try to imitate the commercial argument of low temperature gas or oil boilers but we must not forget that it is a wood fire that we have.
we do not turn it on or off in 2s.
the basic principle remains that we have a fire (modulated) which maintains a quantity of water (that of the boiler) at a given temperature (between 65 and 75 °) and that the regulation takes part of this water hot to create variable temperature water in the radiator circuit through the mixing valve.
this principle is simple, reliable and gives the boiler regular operation with a minimum of start / stop sequences.
I know the okofen better but be careful, the harassner remains a very good product. if I had to choose a hargassner, I would take the classic model without lambda probe and not the low temperature model.
hoping to have enlightened you.
0 x

Click my signature
totorodelavega
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Okofen or Hargassner

by totorodelavega » 15/11/09, 11:22

Thank you for these precious details. It's better than a coin toss. I think I'll go for Okofen eventually. They are cheaper and the installer gave me a good impression, he's installing quite a few at the moment. The difference in price will pay me for the exterior concrete slab and the shelter for the silo.
You reassured me, I wanted to be sure not to make a big mistake for 1000 euros of difference (it's still at least for 20 years ...).
Thank you to you and to all the participants of the forum.
0 x