Action ökofen France on regulation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 04/03/09, 03:03

Another observation (maybe not a malfunction) For the "absences" program: when you put the program on ON, you program the start date, the end date, the desired T °, ​​and even once these past dates, the program remains ON. An influence on the functioning?
0 x
Olivier63
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier63 » 07/03/09, 13:44

Hello Chaboum,

I just did a test (absence mode for 2 minutes).
On the white control, when you press "Enter" once, you are in the main menu.
If you use the dial to go to the "Heating circuit 1" option, you see the indication "Ambiance set:" which corresponds to the desired room temperature.

Following the test carried out:
Before the absence mode range: the indication is 20 ° C
During the absence mode range: the indication is 10 ° C
After the absence mode range: the indication is 20 ° C.
These data correspond well to the desired temperatures that I had indicated.

Indeed the program remains on "On", but I do not think that this influences the operation because the desired temperature detected is indeed the right one.

Olivier.
0 x
Vanhat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Prob. ÖkoFEN

by Vanhat » 08/03/09, 13:20

Hello,

Since this morning I read all the messages of this exchange, I just discovered the site. Very, very interesting.
I have had an Okofen since 2005 and I must admit that I did not go as far as you did in the settings. But I will take a close look at it next winter. I will share with you my experience, I am located near Nîmes, and for the moment we do not regret the investment.

In fact I was looking for info because since yesterday the boiler does not start anymore, finally the ignition is not done. The pellets never stop arriving on the combustion plate and, even when full, the pellets continue to arrive. I have to shut down the boiler.
The boiler does not go into fault and no message is displayed.
Maybe a messing probe. That of the smoke displays 125 ° c while the boiler has not heated for quite some time.

If anyone has an idea, otherwise I will continue to search and I will resolve to contact the installer.

Bonne journée.
0 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 22/03/09, 01:35

Hello everyone,
and already BRAVO OKOFEN !!!

Here I would like to testify to the seriousness of the Okofen house.
Following this forum (THANK YOU), following the precious advice of Dirk Pitt, Did67, Olivier63 ... I could observe the functioning of my boiler, thanks to them I knew WHAT to look at, I understood better how it works. Without their help: no observation, no measurement, nothing concrete what (except my user observation: the ambient temperature does not go up quickly.

Thank you to the OKOFEN house which went through this forum, A random ? contacted? And this is the important point too: how to bring the information back to Okofen, without disturbing for nothing, how to know, we the users, if this little observation, this little defect can be corrected without problem, if this n is just a trifle or something serious. I know, you will say to me: as long as there is no danger, there is no urgency ... In short, everyone agrees in any case that Okofen boilers are a reference on the market, well recognized for their quality. Then come the settings: and that's where it's less obvious. We can not ask our heating engineers to be 100% up to date on the regul ...., then the Okofen technician who comes to start: he is there to start, he does not know the house, not the habits of the user, and especially it does not stay in front of the boiler for hours like us !!! Hence .... a setting I imagine approximate. Then ... and yes ... then, it's up to the user to know if it's okay or not. But what can he say? too cold, too hot, and then ???? that's all. because: cycle, oscillations, V3V, heating curve, anticipation ..... it's Chinese for non technicians !!!! So if he doesn't find this forum to enlighten him, he knows nothing.
Still, how proposed Mr. Emmanuel LISZE from Okofen, I was able to have Mr. Samuel Musso. and there I say BRAVO. Someone calm, calm, serious, who listens above all, then who explains simply. No rush, he takes the time to listen, to note. So he went around my observations (my statements / graphs), I asked all my questions. So yes: my boiler oscillates a lot and it is better for it to modulate more, yes my ambient T ° rises too slowly, yes my V3V is out of phase with the boiler T °. (Thanks Dirk Did .... !!!) and it can be solved very quickly, it's a known problem. Conclusion of his 3:30 am visit: he changed the T ° from ...? I no longer know the exact name, but this is so that it modulates lower, then for the V3V which is slow to open etc: adjustment of the operating time of the mixing valve: pulse increased from 5 seconds to 10. then TC range increased from 10 to 5 (for these settings see page 35 of the manual). DHW priority stopped. And here it is. Result: the V3V opens faster, not unhooked, it heats up faster in the home, and apparently much longer cycle. (not yet measured).

So I repeat, Okofen is serious !! there are people who are very pro, you just have to have them.

Thank you to Samuel Musso, whom I did not spare with all my questions, but what is it good when we have someone who knows how to answer us, who does not hesitate, we see that he knows his product.

So, in the event of a problem noted (graphs, figures .......) they are there to answer us, Mr. Musso reminded me again.

good evening everyone, and ..... I await your news.

PS: I am warm in the house, apparently when I want !!!!!
Time of one cycle before intervention: 15 min Time of one cycle after: 31 min.

re PS: I will talk about another observation pending in another post
1 x
Chaboum
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chaboum » 22/03/09, 02:00

operation with room sensor

1st observation:
When I am in reduced mode (reduced programmed temperature = 17.5), the probe returns to the room temperature regulation of 17.5, I compare with 2 thermometers: a classic (mercury), the other electronic, placed in the same place as the probe: every 2 gives me 17.5 °. So I say to myself: very good.
When I am in comfort mode (T ° programmed 20 °), my 2 classic thermometers give me 20 °, the probe returns to the regul 18.5 ° or 19 °. deviation from 1 ° to 1.5 °

2st observation:

By looking on the regulator the T ° which the probe gives, one notes an oscillation which can go up to 1.5 ° of variation: I explain, the T ° displayed oscillates quickly 19.2 ° 18.5 ° 19.2 ° 19.6 ° .. in a few seconds, and stabilizes. then rebouge. (found with okofen technician)

3st observation:
Always about the probes !!! but the outdoor probe this time: always with my same thermometers: when the probe says 5 ° it is actually 2 ° .... it says 0 ° it is -3 °. I thought there was a bad calibration too, but surprise when my Okofen technician came, it was 14 ° real, and the probe said ...... 14 ° ...... !!!!!! Therefore significant difference (3 °) at low temperature, and no difference at 14 °.

change of room sensor: observation, apparently the same (but to observe a little more)
0 x
Jericho
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jericho » 22/03/09, 09:47

Regarding your room sensor, I can't tell you anything, I don't have one. Others maybe ...?

But for the post above, I can only approve all your comments concerning the forum, and installers. :D

Same for Mr. Musso, whom I also contacted directly: very professional and very attentive and who seems to be trying to satisfy the client as well as possible. He told me that he would transmit to the regional technician the data recorded on the CF card which revealed the same problems as with you: too short cycle times, 3V valve which opens too slowly etc ...

I am waiting for this contact for now, but it is true that it has only been a fortnight ... that said, it is not in summer that he will be able to make the adjustments! :frown:

But it is currently that faults are most felt: average temperatures during the day and cool in the evening and at night (in Alsace): when I open the radiator thermostats in the evening, the boiler takes a long time to open the valve. there is therefore a significant waiting time until the room heats up.
It will be even worse, when the boiler detects the summer mode during the day, and will find it difficult to exit this mode in the evening, when the temperatures have dropped; then it won't even start.

These faults were less obvious in negative temperatures throughout the day.

As you said, the settings are indeed essential, and to date, I do not believe that the installers / heaters are trained to adapt them to each house. They don't have time either!
Same for the technicians who start up: they are surely trained, but will not stay with each customer for fine tuning for long hours.
0 x
Olivier63
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier63 » 22/03/09, 19:52

Hello everybody

Indeed, thanks to ÖkoFEN.

A busy day for Samuel MUSSO this Wednesday, March 18 (a departure from Chambery in the morning, a visit to Olivier63, another to Chaboum (also from Auvergne) and return to Chambery the same day).
An attentive and available person.

See you,

Olivier.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/03/09, 13:03

Kudos to Okofen, I hope they read this post.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/03/09, 14:03

Woodcutter wrote:Kudos to Okofen, I hope they read this post.

Apparently it would already be done: then I especially hope that they will thank, a) the actors of this (s) subject (s) and b) the econology site ...

So thank you and bravo ökofen, but ... it's mainly the forums that we should thank. It's not to say but all these tests and feedback have an important technical and therefore commercial value for ökofen (not to mention the "publicity" they are given) ... so the least thing is to thank their authors ...

When I say thank you it is by putting a note either in their future notices, or on their site or I do not know where ... they will know!
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 03 / 09, 14: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/03/09, 14:45

1) It is up to us users of Okofen to thank econology (the site); individually, I don't know if we were able to have the same impact ...

2) Indeed, I was one of those who "hit" the brand the most at one time. They brought the most scathing denial that I can imagine to what I could write. This is what I call "coming out on top". And so I say bravo to them ...

3) And so, I am delighted to have made the right choice ... Even if I did not personally benefit from this wave of adjustments, being professionally in the "red zone" ...
0 x