Econologis of energy efficient housing in Quebec

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 09:18

Yeah fo see also WHEN date the figures of the site in question which gives 0.1 $ / pi ... I suppose it is for cellulose not in "bag" (same difference with pellets if you want) and nowhere on the site marked that it is for the "posed" ...

When it comes to buying cellulose in Quebec I do not care about you but you have to be realistic ... you know the costs of shipping + customs + VAT?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 28/01/08, 10:03

MethodTack wrote:Well, Bham! you saw right, these are the prices installed what I said! (We do not sell cellulose without installation)
I have been on the sites of merchants who sell cellulose in "bulk" and here is their price:

As an indication, adding a value of R-10 to the roof (at the attic) will cost you about 0,10 $ / sq ft of insulation material. (0,10 $ / square foot = 0.0674513 EUR / square foot

we also say on the website that their thermal resistance factor per inch varies from RSI-2,1 to RSI-3,6

1 Thumb = 2,54 cm : Lol:

Good I attack the conversions:
If a square foot is 0,10 $ in R (royal) of 10, it is 0.0674513 EUR.
Knowing that one square foot is 0,09290304 m2, 1 m2 of wadding in R (royal) of 10 is worth 0,726 € (1 / 0,09290304 x 0,0674513 €).
1m2 = 0,726 € in Royal R of 10

Rroyal to R SI conversion:
Royal R 10 = R 1,77 (SI)
Royal R 40 = R 7,08 (SI)
To have the same R as Chris in his eaves, either 6,5 (thickness 25cm) is a royal R of 36,66 (6,5 x 5,64), so it costs 3,666 0,726 € to m2, either 2,66 € / m2 not laid in 25cm thick, or 10,64 € / m3 : Shock:
Christophe paid 38.59 € the unmixed m3 is 3,62 times more expensive.

Uh Chris do you agree with my calculations?

I just went to the site indicated by MethodTack, under the heading "to help you" sub-heading insulator. It's a calculator and they say R10 = 6,68cm cellulose and R40 26,75cm. The calculator says that for 42 m2 you need 25,15 packs for an R40.
Christophe bought 30 bags to put 25 cm cellulose on 42 m2.
Conclusion:
So Quebec cellulose is sold in bags.
Quebec bags have a larger capacity.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 10:15

bham wrote:Uh Chris do you agree with my calculations?

Yes enough I find the same thing: 25 / 7 * 0.61 = 2.18 € / m² in my case if I had been in Quebec!

The difference is that I took 33 cm for a foot ... and if it is the feet English and Quebec are not the same! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

We are not out of the roof huh! : Mrgreen:

But this does not answer my last question:

When it comes to buying cellulose in Quebec I do not care about you but you have to be realistic ... you know the costs of shipping + customs + VAT?

Moreover, given the tonnage of paper recycled here, it's not very econological to think of importing it ...

ps: a square foot is equal to 0,09290304 m2, -> rounded to the tenth of a billionth :D I think that a thousandth is not enough?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 28/01/08, 10:28

Christophe wrote:
But this does not answer my last question:

Moreover, given the tonnage of paper recycled here, it's not very econological to think of importing it ...

Ben actually I think you did not care about me because I wanted to have a lower price, not especially compared to Quebec.
It is certain that it is not easy to organize such an importation. But that proves that the price has a downward margin in Europe. And it's not the forests that are lacking in Austria or France or recycled paper.
I'm wondering if I'm going to try to convince the community of municipalities to invest in a cellulose shredder; it would make it possible to value the waste and even to earn money with :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 10:32

Ben the problem someone has mentioned elsewhere: 95% of people and pros use 100% chemical to isolate themselves and even if it is more expensive. They do not trust saying so.

But at a time when reliable and proven econological alternatives exist, use chemical, I call it bullshit ...
0 x
MethodTack
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MethodTack » 28/01/08, 15:33

Yeah, bullshit!

How much does it cost for you without installation?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 15:39

MethodTack wrote:How much does it cost for you without installation?

Uh it's rather me to ask, I just installed 11m3. Roughly 35 € / m3 not posed.

The answer is detailed here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... t4709.html

But what is your price of chemical insulation at home ???
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 29/01/08, 11:17

MethodTack wrote:How much does it cost for you without installation?

Ben the price given Christopher is cheap. Me the price I have in the store bricodépôt (who said it was cheaper?) The corner comes to 53,68 € / m3, 5 is more expensive than at home.
I find it shameful that there are such differences.
The fault margins, a lower production but also probably current commercial habits that I would like to see confirmed by members who have made a business school.

1 ° -If an eco product comes out, it is assumed that it will only reach a part of the population, the one who is green and is ready to make financial efforts to have something eco. And then all that is rare and expensive. So the setting of the public rate is not done in relation to the cost of production but compared to a study that says up to what maximum price can go.

2 ° - The industrial groups manufacturing conventional insulation look down on the arrival of competitors. There is therefore negotiation and everything goes well as long as the price of new green products remains higher than conventional products. This is called an "unfair" non-competition agreement.
On a smaller scale, I have seen a warehouse manager of destocked products be forced to revise their prices upward. Even if its margin exceeded 30 or 40% with low prices, that was not enough for the competition because the prices were too low.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/08, 11:44

bham wrote:Ben the price given Christopher is cheap. Me the price I have in the store bricodépôt (who said it was cheaper?) The corner comes to 53,68 € / m3, 5 is more expensive than at home.

I find it shameful that there are such differences.

Yes it is shameful but it is also the manufacturer and the competition that sets its prices ... it is enough that there are 3 times more plants in Quebec than at home for this to explain that ... There is also probably cost differences on 1ere material ...

Then: if we Europeans are cons and we continue to prefer the chemical it will not force to develop cellulose (and other alternatives) ...

It is also the consumer who sets the market and many consumers do not seem aware of their "power" ...

Otherwise I think that in your case it is more than 5 times since in my case it is already 4,4 times!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 05/02/08, 02:45

Hello

There are at least two companies in Europe that make insulation from recycled paper, one in Germany and another in France
it's small SMEs.
Benolec has St Julie that produces a big volume ..

A too well insulated house that makes roofs full of niege
Photo taken this afternoon in my street
Andre

0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."