Weeding walkways?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Weeding the aisles?

by Ahmed » 19/05/17, 12:52

It is indeed preferable to have a 13 kg gas bottle on a cart and avoid small gadgets with disposable bottles. Consumption can be reduced to its simplest expression if care is taken to operate on time; on the other hand, this method does not exclude the use of manual uprooting whenever possible or more appropriate ...
Indeed, by locating the heat better by a flat box would be more efficient in terms of energy; the use of steam, as on the old wallpaper peelers, would be an example of what would be possible, at least for someone like you, because I can't see a product of this kind authorized for sale. . : roll:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/05/17, 13:11

for someone like me it's easier, I never weed! the more it grows the more I'm happy ... and I have some geese who are even more happy to find something to eat, and which are also a way to weed!

when I leave some corner alone for a few years, when I cut to make room we must not weed, we must make firewood!
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 19/05/17, 17:05

Hello, the subject of weeding is very interesting, but there are all kinds of hand tools that allow weeding without too much fatigue
good come on, digging up another subject gardening / weeding tool de-special-t13198.html

however we can make weeding tools yourself

cordially
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/05/17, 19:36

You're absolutely right, but the use of power tools is limited by the structure of most aisles.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 26/05/17, 13:23

Hello,
Here is a photo taken this morning of how the roots come out with the gravel on honeycomb.
[Attachment = 0] image.jpeg [/ attachment
Regrowth is no longer possible.
Olivier
Attachments
image.jpeg
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/05/17, 13:31

The honeycomb structure is indeed a special case: the logical application supposes an unstable aggregate which is blocked by cells at the global level. The instability persists inside the cells and allows weeds to be pulled out fairly easily, provided that we do not wait for too great a development, in which case the roots may be retained by the cell walls.
In any case, this is what I observe with concrete borders simply buried in the ground: the roots pass below, which prevents extraction (conclusion: I veered the borders!).
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 26/05/17, 13:53

For me it is mainly the location, in the middle we can let it grow, but on the edges of the cells, and there are plenty, the roots can get stuck, there is hot water.
This system still limits spontaneous shoots well, on days like today the seedlings roast alone.
Olivier.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 12/10/17, 22:15

Good evening, here are some weedkiller tips from a gardener from the north and not from Calais https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbE9ZoYjtSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd70VtnRhEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8EzbZ_sjfk
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 13/10/17, 09:28

Ahmed wrote: the use of steam, as on the old wallpaper peelers, would be an example of what would be possible, at least for someone like you, because I can't see a product of this kind authorized for sale. . : roll:

there are already mobile steam generators on the market: it's called a steam cleaner (Vaporeto for friends) : Mrgreen:
I have an old one which has a good flow of vapor and I confirm that it is largely as effective as the small flame throwers with disposable bottle (not tried the large ones on bombone) for weeding between terrace dales or other infractuosities ...

for aisles ... I opted to have them grassed so I don't know!

signed: the housewife under 50 : Lol:
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 06/06/19, 22:06

Good evening, here is the ecological weedkiller supposedly

I guess you know this guy’s youtube channel
0 x