Weeding walkways?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Weeding the aisles?

by olivier75 » 06/06/19, 23:16

Hi,
Without having the basics of the product we can not know ... but his arguments do not have the least scientific will, only the political struggle.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/06/19, 00:07

"political struggle"? rather the fair barker who tries to sell you something "not chemical" since it is made with plants.
Ben see, since it's natural, obviously it's not harmful. : Mrgreen:
1 x
Arnault
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Arnault » 07/06/19, 07:28

Hello,

Why are you opposed to the use of natural salt?
I buy a 25kg bag of untreated salt, one of those used briskly to prevent falls on ice, and I use it once or twice a year at a homeopathic dose. The bag lasts me all year round for an estimated area of ​​1m * 2 *. Basically I tear off what comes but often the root remains and therefore a small dose of salt on it to kill the root that has not come. To be done in dry weather and therefore before heavy rain to avoid leaching and that the salt does indeed leave in the rainwater. The morning dew acts on the week and it is very effective. So indeed, the ground of my driveway is in fact salty but locally, but I do not imagine that it is more so than the lands by the sea with the sea spray. and my nearby garden, grass, tree, etc., is completely unaffected by it. The action of this salt is very localized. And "its manufacture" is very energy efficient.
In short, after trying the electric thermal that has not given me satisfaction, also from the energy point of view, it is the method for more than 5 years that I use.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 07/06/19, 13:23

Arnault,
In 2000 natura area, no salting.
Typically the doses you tell us seem enormous, repeated every year, with leaching, for me it is not a good solution, even "natural". Personally I use the pasta water on the few dandelions that hang on.
That said, from the moment you want a blank space, no system is perfect.
Olivier.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/07/19, 23:18

Try baking soda instead, it does not salinate the soil and gives very good results.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
wini47
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wini47 » 25/07/19, 14:10

Hello,

You have forgotten a solution, especially for those who can afford empty houses during certain seasons of the year. It's the tarpaulin, the plants do not grow in the dark : Oops:.

Okay, it's not strictly speaking weeding, but it's preventing harm to avoid dealing with it. And then if I stick to the definition of a drivewayit is necessarily bordered: either by trees or by walls. No worries in the second case, but in the first case, a vas is come with big rubber rolls, also called wheel avoids having grass growing. For the phophics of chlorophyll, the path must be wide enough to crush the strip of grass that grows in the middle, or to ride on a motorbike. : Wink: .

Afterwards, in terms of energy concerns, no, but frankly, what is the idea of ​​moving a mountain range in a silty basin? No, but really, I ask you?
0 x
mopakarim4000
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mopakarim4000 » 25/07/19, 18:48

Gaston wrote:
olivier75 wrote:There is only manual weeding and pasta water on the dandelions.
I confirm.
At home it's more like potato water, but it works very well, with the same disadvantage as chlorate of soda: it leaves salt in the soil.

Personally, greenery insupposes me much less than this obsession with maximum sterilization, but I can understand that for some is psychologically reassuring (there may be other reasons for this requirement) ...
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 01/08/19, 15:52

mopakarim4000 wrote:
Gaston wrote:
olivier75 wrote:There is only manual weeding and pasta water on the dandelions.
I confirm.
At home it's more like potato water, but it works very well, with the same disadvantage as chlorate of soda: it leaves salt in the soil.

Personally, greenery insupposes me much less than this obsession with maximum sterilization, but I can understand that for some is psychologically reassuring (there may be other reasons for this requirement) ...

Exactly, at home, there are no alleys, little paths that form naturally while walking. No grass either, it's a total aberration!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)