Tip mow saving energy

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Flytox

Tip mow saving energy

by Flytox » 13/03/09, 22:10

Bonjour à tous

My original Honda mower (3.5 CV?) Consumed almost the entire tank to mow my garden (without the collection basket). The passage to evacuate the grass to the basket spent its time getting blocked (even with the dry grass : Evil: ). As a result, the engine was fully on all the time, and stalled frequently at the first big tuft.

So I looked at the path of the air and the grass cut under the mower. A disaster, the air is very badly guided towards the exit and the course of the grass is strewn with obstacle so that it clings to everything it finds.

So I cut a sheet of aluminum (fixed with a rilsan collar) which makes a sort of "floor" to guide the flow of air and grass towards the exit (see red arrow). The passage is also too obstructed by the black hood which falls in place of the collection basket, I cut out a few centimeters at the bottom (also because it scraped on the ground at the slightest rise) and put a stop (see blue arrow in the photo) so that it remains much more open.

As a result, the grass is evacuated much much better and regularly. It only becomes clogged about once an hour instead of every 1 minutes :P . Now the engine is no longer at full speed and you can hear it accelerating when you pass over a large clump. I have about 1/3 of the tank left when I finish mowing!

Now another problem, my new garden says "TaupeLand" causes a very large buildup of a grass soil composite under the hood near the blade. (All molehills were kicked off before mowing). The result is as catastrophic as before and the engine is on full power all the time and stalls just to see the location of the next molehill. : Mrgreen:

Does anyone have the recipe to prevent the agglomeration of the earth under the hood during mowing?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 14/03/09, 00:13

You put fried fat under the machine before mowing, vegetable of course, like that the earth crumbles and presto : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

It's a joke from the north once : Mrgreen:

Otherwise, more prosaically, do you mow when the ground is dry? ! ?

Allei santei Lietseu Image
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/03/09, 07:09

: Cheesy: Lietseu, you're slipping,
Be serious; Flytox must eliminate its moles.
Here's a good tip:
http://www.wat.tv/video/comment-se-deba ... c7pd_.html : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/03/09, 10:11

Hello Lietseu and Le Juste
Lietseu wrote:You put fried fat under the machine before mowing, vegetable of course, like that the earth crumbles and presto : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

It's a joke from the north once : Mrgreen:

Otherwise, more prosaically, do you mow when the ground is dry? ! ?

Allei santei Lietseu Image

: Mrgreen: Méeeeuuuh it was "dry" the ground and the lawn (half couch grass). For the local climate I will have drier than in July or August .... Here, the rainy season begins on January 1 and ends on New Year's Eve : Mrgreen:

Le Juste, I'm not proud of you, we don't touch moles! : Evil: : Mrgreen:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post86256.html#86256

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/03/09, 10:35

A definition : Cheesy:
The pursuit of a chimera

In current everyday language, "utopian" means impossible; a Utopia is a chimera

I will write utaupie : Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tip for mowing while saving energy

by I Citro » 14/03/09, 16:09

Flytox wrote:My original Honda mower (3.5 CV?)
Without wanting to annoy you, your mower is only equipped with a Honda engine.
I think your engine is a GCV 135 made in europe (in france it seems to me). This rustic and low-end engine was industrialized by Honda to fit into all basic mowers and compete with low-end American engines (Briggs & Straton and Tecumseh).

The frame of your mower is, I think an Italian manufacture (Castelgarden, I think). This manufacturer produces in very large quantities discount mowers that are found in mass distribution under all kinds of brands, including distributor brands (crossroads, castorama ...).

This type of equipment represents the union minimum for mowing. Inefficient, must be cared for, washed, stored under cover after use and drained at the end of the season. So far I have only had tecumseh motors on castel chassis in my hands.
I recover them on the sidewalks when my neighbors throw them away, I change the string of the launcher and the key of the magnetic flywheel (1 €). this key is cut during impacts against stones or other obstacles causing the mower to fail.

I make my trapanelles last, If I have to buy, it won't be a thermal ... Electric 220, battery electric, I don't know yet?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

mole hunting

by oli 80 » 14/03/09, 17:48

hello, there is a species of flower of pink color, the bulb of which emits a repulsive odor for moles, the only problem, this plant grows after like the weed and you are more able to get rid of it, there are systems D to chase the mole without hurting them here is a link
http://www.touslesprix.com/bricolage/ch ... taupe.html

there is this plant or the solar mole hunt unless you want to tinker a metal rod planted in the ground with a bottle upside down at the top, something like that I remember very well
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 14/03/09, 21:39

Are often given as "anti mole" plants Euporbia lathyrus daffodil bulbs and castor plants
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 15/03/09, 09:01

Bonjour,
As for the moles let them live and do.
A natural way can be to make brf, because until now I had say it from time to time and the garden which is in junction of the neighbor made can be barrier.
I started last October, is I only had three or four, the neighbor who does not make a garden and had only had a decade ago when he had made his lawn.
Has since some me the impression of being at guadalcanal : Lol: .
Otherwise in terms of electrics she managed to do the job so close that it covered the anti mole.
And a colleague found something (about 1 liter), but only thought about it. So even under torture.

Regarding the lawn, one I enlarge the garden so less area and two when the thermal was dismantled, I gave it to the neighbor and I will buy a manual helical (30cm cut).
So there will remain 400 to 500 meters to mow.
Two to three times a year like that flowers and other sprouts, bees and companies can come to be restored.
When the neighbor, they are done and I get rid of any mowing and pruning of the fir tree from the moment when it no longer treats.
a + claude
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 15/03/09, 09:24

Image Image
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"