Winter aging test freestanding pool of children

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Winter aging test freestanding pool of children

by Christophe » 25/01/16, 14:27

This year I decided not to dismantle the small self-supporting children's pool that I built this summer ... just to see how it resists (or not) to the Ardennes winter (which for the moment lasted only 10 days) ...

We just came out of a period of cold (night at -15 ° C) and here is the state of the pool today, it froze so ... thaw in progress:

The following in a few months ...

ps: I still disassembled and stored in frost pipes and filtration pump, I'm not maso! The level is below the small skimmer that I adapted ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/01/16, 14:55

I had a similar model, and removing it every winter (to get the place in the garden) it lasted 3 years ...
It is the inflatable pudding that ended up having leaks. I repaired 3 before throwing in the towel.
Level of life, it gives a point of comparison :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/16, 15:14

Oh yeah ... not terrible so even be careful and good if it starts to leak at the level of welding is not worth it ...

A bit like inflatable extra mattresses ... irreparable so ...
We have a subject on it ...

In short, China!

Ps: Maybe it's the (too much) folding that pierced your case?
In mine I have little hope for UV and frost ... so follow ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/01/16, 15:20

Christophe wrote:good if it starts to leak at the level of welding is not worth it ...
Yes, that's how it ended.
After 3 repairs on the "flat" (and it's already not easy to repair without deflating, and therefore emptying everything), I never managed to repair the 4th on the weld : Cry:

Christophe wrote:Ps: Maybe it's the (too much) folding that pierced your case?
I do not know...
The first two years: no worries and the third of repeated leaks.
I finished the season by refilling all the 2 or 3 days and then I took it to the dump ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/16, 15:33

Yes quite logical as aging ... programmed ... :(

At the level of the repair on the welds ... a solvent glue pvc should be invented ... the pressures remaining relatively weak ... good not necessarily in the case of a tandem piece where there would be some sport on it lol
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 25/01/16, 16:13

Hi, I had the same, and in the trash at the end of the first year, the moles came to take the cool under and pierced the liner in several places despite the three baches that I had put under.

the second pool like that, use two years and it's been two years since I did not go out, it is stored dry in the garage and clean and bend well, so I'll see when I go out, but At first sight she will not have suffered too much.

and I still have glue and bits provided with in case there are small holes.

on the other hand the pipes provided with this kind of pool, it's shit and you have to change them every two years, it does not resist to stay outside in full sun in summer.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/01/16, 16:21

tigrou_838 wrote:the second pool like that, use two years and it's been two years since I did not go out, it is stored dry in the garage and clean and bend well, so I'll see when I go out, but At first sight she will not have suffered too much.
I thought that too ...
Even if I do not exclude some responsibility of the cat in the repeated holes the 3th year : Mrgreen:

tigrou_838 wrote:and I still have glue and bits provided with in case there are small holes.
It works well, with the two limits that I noted:
  • It would be necessary to deflate to repair the pudding (so drain)
  • It does not work if the hole is too close to the weld
0 x
Christophe

Re: Winter aging test freestanding pool of children

by Christophe » 26/08/16, 17:32

Then, I just put it back because as much spring as summer have been rotten ... currently these are the only first consecutive days that exceed or feel the 30 ° C ...

So the pool held its 1e year, we can not say as much of the tarpaulin ... torn in several places (pool exposed to the wind).

The pool served as a water spider pond: I had to fish about thirty :)
Obviously the water is dirty and greenish / yellowish, after a few hours of pumping, it should get better:

piscine_autoportee_vieillissement.jpg
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/08/16, 22:24

no need to deflate to stick parts ... just keep the pressure to a minimum so that it does not empty

important, clean with acetone just before putting the glue ... otherwise the slightest trace of impurity sabotage the collage

the soft PVC special glue is often sold too expensive and in tube too small ... neoprene glue resembles but does not agree at all, it seems to hold but takes off in the months that follow

we find good glue for flexible pvc at jardiland to paste tarpaulin black pvc pond: this black pvc is also a good material to make room to repair the pool

for the water leaks of the immersed part we find for a long time at the pool dealer mastic MSpolymer: it looks like silicone sealant but it sticks even in water! it sticks well to the flexible PVC: it allows to plug the leak from the inside of the pool ... this collage does not have great strength but sticking from inside the pressure is acting in the right direction and it holds

now MSpolymer putty is more and more common in DIY stores, cheaper than it was at the beginning at the pool vendors: not only does it glue PVC, but miraculously it also glues polyethylene, yet often considered as incorruptible

Another story, I had used a freestanding pool to experiment with a methanisation system ... and the cat never stopped to pass over by making holes on the inflatable ring: I made an automatic inflation with a regulator of butane modified for even lower pressure and connected to the air compressor of the workshop: it avoided any deflation at the first stroke of claw cat: maintains the right pressure regardless of the number of claw prick
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/16, 16:28

The pudding had resisted the Ardennes winter ... but not a single attack of my cat ...

In short, never play with a cat near a freestanding pool ... : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"