DIY Tips: improve a lawn mower

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: DIY Tips: Improving a Lawn Mower

by Ahmed » 04/09/16, 22:19

This superior resistance does not surprise me: the manufacturers prefer to mount rather soft steels that wriggle at the least shock, for security reasons ... and resale of spare parts.
It is not necessary to make all the alloy steel blade, I guess we can just replace the ends.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/16, 02:16

Flytox wrote:And be aware that a 15CDV6 hardened blade makes 3 or 4 times more hours of mowing than an original blade. : Mrgreen:

Uh a donkey blade (lol) how much generally? (magnitude)
In other words, how many hours should be sharpened?

Sorry I have never seen a mower manual ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/09/16, 10:42

A grinding time varies considerably depending on the state of the ground to be mowed: pebbles, molehills come very quickly to the edge of the cutting edge.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/09/16, 23:09

With the big ladle: A mowing every 3 weeks from mid April to mid October, i.e. about 8 mows of 1h30 (1400 m2 special land moles and other pieces of logs). Let's say about 12 hours / year. After about a year, the grass does not cut cleanly (the tips of grass turn yellow over a few mm instead of having a clean cut "without scar".

At the time, with (exactly the same Honda?), The "good" blade, and "moderately comparable" terrain (with approximately 900 m2, very steep and full of old small stumps and grazing wood and cement borders?) who arrived at 3 years old without sharpening : Mrgreen: .
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/09/16, 23:19

Ahmed wrote:This superior resistance does not surprise me: the manufacturers prefer to mount rather soft steels that wriggle at the least shock, for security reasons ... and resale of spare parts.
It is not necessary to make all the alloy steel blade, I guess we can just replace the ends.

+ 1; Ideally the flexible steel blade body to shoe donkeys and cutting edge reported in a good steel. For the end of the blade on its largest diameter, which undergoes all the tortures / outrages on the borders borders etc ...., it would be better that it remains resilient, history not to pick up the crushed pebbles with a piece of scrap metal orbited ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 07/05/20, 15:45

Hello everyone, here is an accessory for mower to weed the paved paths it avoids doing it with the brushcutter so no projection

0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 07/05/20, 16:10

Hi Oli, what is the advantage over a normal blade over a mower?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 08/05/20, 00:06

Hello, on the video we see that this accessory is mounted with the blade of the mower, often when paths are made with pavers there is grass growing between the joints and the fastest way to clean is brushcutter, it makes projections of small stones which can be dangerous if someone passes when you brush, then with this accessory under the mower avoids these projections and instead of putting grass everywhere the mower picks it up and it gives cleaner work

otherwise if you mow you must remove this accessory from the mower to cut the lawn, in fact this accessory transforms the mower into a brushcutter for the aisles as we see in the video
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 08/05/20, 13:55

Ok, I didn't see it correctly: the strands are "oriented" downwards.
Except that the centrifugal force will take them off the ground,
and by adding rapid wear => I think quickly ineffective for cutting the grass between interlocking paving stones (the video only shows 3s and no more, and on openwork paving stones in grassed parking lots)
I'm not buying. : Wink:
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/05/20, 19:09

In addition to the plastic wire which wears out and is found in nature. This craze for plastic thread is filthy. Practical but disgusting for nature.
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"