DIY Tips: improve a lawn mower

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/06/12, 19:08

Flytox wrote:
Obamot wrote:Decidedly, you do not read! [...] Repeat wiki [...] Review the scientists ...> [...] Dr. Ruth! [...] You are true negationists of reality !!! [...] does not understand this hatred of knowledge [...]
:-)))

Obamot : Mrgreen:

and in addition you end up with a Dedelecoterie : Mrgreen:

Yes but in moderation ... : roll: :frown: You DO NOT WANT to understand!

You're fed up in the end! ( : Mrgreen: :D : Cheesy: :P )
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

trucks sale

by oli 80 » 25/06/12, 21:28

plasmanu wrote:The thermal mower, what a distant past : Mrgreen:
The modification is also valid on an electric.

The problem is that the evacuation is never smooth and that the grass can often accumulate towards the axis of the rear wheels.

There is a shredder kit that can be mounted between the blade and the shaft.
Cross mounting (at 90 ° with respect to the blade).
Image Image

I proceed differently.
I usually cut without the bag and lightly lift the evacuation door (like you): I take full of the gambes : Mrgreen:
Provide a good pair of boots.

My only regret: there is no self-propelled on the electric.

Good evening, I have often seen this accessory sold in these trucks stores that spend the day of the market, they deposit two weeks in advance their catalogs, it is necessary to fill the order form then go to the truck the day D
there are several companies of existing sales trucks
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/06/12, 21:45

Photo in simulation

Source: provence tooling
Mower shredder kit
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 26/06/12, 06:34

Its special blade provided with the ends of very strong filaments that chop and reduce the grass cut into a compost very fertilizing for your turf.

No more bins and picking chores.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/06/12, 08:53

: Arrow: Like many people, I mow as late as possible ...
This year, I even pushed the vice until I left 2 islands of my garden push until this weekend (I received guests).

With the children we were able to observe the abundant bio diversity that develops there. especially phasmids that had arrived at adult size (10-12 cm). My little Zoe (9ans) was a little moved when her big brother shaved the 2 oasis.
:|
Our 2 cats also liked to lie down and hide there to watch for the birds.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 26/06/12, 09:06

In agriculture, it's called something like wildlife area : Cheesy:
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

siphoning oil or éssence

by oli 80 » 14/09/12, 19:48

Good evening, here's a pretty interesting thing that I found, a simple siphon pump http://www.buyabugbuster.co.uk/index.ph ... &Itemid=12 here it is adapted on a tin can but can also be fixed on a can, one uses the vacuum like system of aspiration

I did not find any other subject to post this, so I put here
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 15/09/12, 07:41

citro wrote:: arrow: Like many people, I mow as late as possible ...
This year, I even pushed the vice until I left 2 islands of my garden push until this weekend (I received guests).

With the children we were able to observe the abundant bio diversity that develops there. especially phasmids that had arrived at adult size (10-12 cm). My little Zoe (9ans) was a little moved when her big brother shaved the 2 oasis.
:|
Our 2 cats also liked to lie down and hide there to watch for the birds.

I think the idea of ​​islands is good.
PCQ the whole field with large grass is a problem at home, I speak of ticks, who love tall grass .. and my belly : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

Re: DIY Tips: Improving a Lawn Mower

by Christophe » 26/08/16, 17:39

Relaunch topic because I find also the performance of mowers rotary blades!

A friend passed me the garden with a flail-powered rotary saw recently, he was moving super fast in the high grass 100 cm see more ... And after information I see that its power is only 9 cv (it was this model: Orec HR801 with engine Kawa 9W http://www.iseki.fr/catalogue/vegetatio ... r801-.html ) while any shearing tractor makes between 15 and 25 cv for much lower cutting power! Good to wear the driver but still ... it's crappy as overall performance!

I already agree with Flytox's 1st remark on the power taken to "evacuate" the grass.

So here we are relaunching this subject to see what it is possible to do on small mowers (without completely changing the principle), I think there is a lot to do on the blade side and to start I see that your blade is "hockey stick", is it original or a "made in Flytox" improvement?

Flytox wrote:Image
0 x
Flytox

Re: DIY Tips: Improving a Lawn Mower

by Flytox » 26/08/16, 19:19

No this is the original blade. The "hockey stick" part is precisely the part which makes the "propeller" and causes the cut grass to blow.
As this blade is starting to tire and not far from 15 years and X sharpening, I want to try it out by building a very flat blade, precisely without the hockey stick, just to significantly reduce the power absorbed "aerodynamically" . Although the cut grass which stagnates even more under the rollover will perhaps eat as many Horses, to see : Mrgreen:

This may also be another problem if the grass starts to enter the belt system that advances the machine .... re to see. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"