Questions about flower meadow.

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Did67

Re: Questions about flower meadow.

by Did67 » 24/05/20, 07:30

Yes, I was a bit radical:

- depending on the species, it is more or less strict; some are quite flexible, quite "ubiquitous"
- and indeed, we can have, at home, the suitable biotope (but as a rule, you see one at such a place during a walk and you replant it at home, it dies).
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 24/05/20, 12:22

I discover its charms.
What hope to see more next year in the same place?
Attachments
52495.JPG
52495.JPG (84.72 KIO) Accessed 4781 times
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/05/20, 14:13

There are many around my house, they grow back every year.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 24/05/20, 17:43

Great, good news.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/20, 21:40

taam wrote:I discover its charms.
What hope to see more next year in the same place?

Almost certain! [I keep a little bit of caution, you never know, as I don't want to disappoint - otherwise, I would have written: certain!]
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 26/05/20, 10:00

Here the town hall (?) Mows the embankments at the roadside, mine have not escaped (even without a ditch to clean in anticipation of thunderstorms).
An evolution this year, the guy only mowed the lower half and left the rest in the meadow :|

Are habits changing in the "right direction"?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/05/20, 10:08

Yes, there is a change in customs ... With us, late mowing on certain segments of departmental roads which have been assessed as having an ecological interest is another example ... In particular for "minor" areas (such as triangles located in crossroads, etc.), this is often "abandoned" (only one mowing or mulching per year). It's a blessing ...

To find out who is in charge, one of the problems that elected officials encounter is criticism from citizens !!! "They never give a damn about the town hall!", "We have the dirtiest town in the canton !!!" Etc ... It is therefore necessary to militate again and again at this level ... Here, I am going to finish my video "Why I hardly mow any more!". Perhaps that will make some think ...

So it also evolves because mentalities evolve ...

If you knew the number of managers or green space service agents who attend my conferences! Some come to see me as an aside at the end to find out if I am willing to come and do training ... Unfortunately, this rarely succeeds, because some enthusiastic people do not take the decision (and are not in control of the budget).
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/20, 10:20

taam wrote:Here the town hall (?) Mows the embankments at the roadside, mine have not escaped (even without a ditch to clean in anticipation of thunderstorms).
An evolution this year, the guy only mowed the lower half and left the rest in the meadow :|
Are habits changing in the "right direction"?

It is more and more recommended, it is called "sustainable mowing". Basically, everything that contributes to safety must be mowed as much as necessary (safety strips and clearances, visibility, signage), the rest once a year in late mowing.
See this document (in particular diagram p16) for more information:
http://dtrf.setra.fr/pdf/pj/Dtrf/0005/D ... qid=sdx_q0
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 26/05/20, 10:24

The "sustainable mowing" signs start from a good idea, but I did not understand the message ... : Oops:
With the lack of rain we go straight to the grilled lawns, and the bans on watering with drinking water : Wink:
[edit] thanks for the link.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/05/20, 11:42

sicetaitsimple wrote:
It is more and more recommended, it is called "sustainable mowing". Basically, everything that contributes to safety must be mowed as much as necessary (safety strips and clearances, visibility, signage), the rest once a year in late mowing.
See this document (in particular diagram p16) for more information:
http://dtrf.setra.fr/pdf/pj/Dtrf/0005/D ... qid=sdx_q0

Thank you for completing. Because indeed, the "security" question (which is real) was highlighted ... Those responsible quickly became criminals (with regard to those who like the clean!).
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"