Questions about flower meadow.

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Did67

Re: Questions about flower meadow.

by Did67 » 29/04/20, 14:07

A priori, a knautie of the fields.

Another natural plant in our meadows.
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 29/04/20, 15:19

To say that I have had this in front of my eyes for years and that I saw only a boring lawn to mow.
Thank you Did, I think you made me see the strength of laziness : Shock:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/04/20, 17:10

Wouaaahhh ... It's nice.

Paradigm shift accomplished !!!

I think that soon enough, you will need a good book to recognize the plants - the "flora" are boring; When I have blackouts, or that I do not know, I use the one based on images, with a fairly precise description: "Delachaux Guide to Plants by Color" by Thomas Schauer and Claus Caspari.

https://booknode.com/guide_delachaux_de ... tes_096917
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 29/04/20, 18:13

Sometimes a click is enough ...
Thanks for the reference. Too bad for the names at first, observing is already good for me.

This afternoon, during my usual walk in the fields at 1km, I compared with "real" meadows. The flowers seem to me not that many, surprisingly for me, the clover had climbed much higher to bloom in "surface".
In a corner full of poppies, I couldn't resist taking a plant to try to put it back in the sun in front of my window, at worst all the seeds (?) Will fall to the ground :?
Attachments
poppy.JPG
coquelicot.JPG (82.63 KiB) Consulted 4201 times
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/04/20, 18:36

The purple clover is an erect clover. It is the one cultivated by farmers ...

The white clover (also very melliferous!) Takes the place when the grass is trampled. He's crawling. The more you trample it, the more it spreads out. But it is quickly dominated, so it settles in the passages always trampled, the lawns regularly mowed. It is also called creeping clover (Trifolium repens).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/04/20, 18:41

taam wrote:
This afternoon, during my usual walk in the fields at 1km, I compared with "real" meadows. The flowers don't seem that many to me,

Repeat the same round every 15 days, and you will see that these will become very visible, they will have fruited (made of fruit full of seeds, without charm, pods, gray capsules ...). But new ones will flourish.

Now, in the agricultural meadows, farmers are doing everything to favor grasses, which make unspectacular spikes. Though !!!! It is enough to lie down, to look at that against the light, the setting sun and it is very beautiful. Hurried fools never see that!

It takes poor meadows, little mown, grazed or mowed, so that the "flowers" dominate ...
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 29/04/20, 18:44

It seems to me that it was purple clover, not too much different from the one in the photo on the previous page, except that it was much higher. (these are meadows for making hay, I think, next to fields of wheat - in the meadows there is life, in the 40 cm wheat, a cemetery silence)

ps: actually, I saw 2 types of meadows: one full of flowers the other almost without flowers but with a very thick grass, tall and similar everywhere.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/04/20, 22:21

One is a "natural meadow" (an area that is only mowed every year), the other probably a "temporary meadow", that is to say a field cultivated with a mixture of plants designed to optimize fodder for animals.

We sometimes have "natural meadows" very dense in grasses (herbs) and poor in "flowers" because they have been massively fertilized (slurry) and mowed at least 3 times a year, or even more (often for silage). In this system, "flowers" no longer have their place ...
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 02/05/20, 12:52

News of the day: I spoke about "poppies" with a relative who is in EHPAD.
"The poppies? I pulled them up in my garden ..." he said to me.
:)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/05/20, 13:05

I confirm that it was a very "annoying" "weed" in the wheat fields, which, just before heading, was covered with red ... As it was the thistle (cirse des champs), which, in more, stung when harvesting and sheaving.

Poppies have been almost eradicated by herbicides ...
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"