Wind pump

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

wooden pump

by oli 80 » 28/02/10, 16:37

what amazes me is that this pump is completely under water and in wood in addition, in the long run with the movement, wear is done quickly unless it is a treated wood

short it was surely a project carried out by students supervised by their teacher, maybe to convert the rotary movement by an alternative movement using something other than the vibrequin and the biele, here using the eccentric movement

the wind turbine used for this project seems to be a soapius

commercial pumping wind turbine http://video.voila.fr/video/iLyROoafIdfM.html
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/03/10, 23:31

If you want a flow not very much less than 200 liters per day, minimum wind turbines from 1930 to replace in the initial request, there are simpler ways.
A simple and rudimentary wind turbine could use a tree shaken by the wind with a rope attached at the top which therefore by this movement pulls on the pump piston or on a bellows pump with two discharge suction valves. A spring with stops would dampen excessive amplitudes.
You can also make electricity by passing the rope over a pulley which drives an alternator which recharges a battery.
Lots of simple variations are possible !!
The interest is aesthetic, no visual change, a tree, sound, no additional noise, then the tree being quite high (pine 20 to 24m) it will seek the strong wind at altitude, in the middle of the forest, the simplicity of achievement, the aesthetics, its operation even in storms, especially since there are whirlpools that shake the forest, the possibility of using all the trees in a forest as a wind turbine!
The slightest wind always has vortices (almost infinite number of Reynolds in a forest!)
I am surprised that it does not exist !!
Maybe too simple and trivial?
The yield per m2 is not optimal but the simplicity of realization and the possibility of filling a forest, greatly compensates for the yield.

Thus a rope is attached to the top of a flexible tree high enough (with a stick holding the rope, we avoid climbing at the top of the tree to pass the rope), then the rope is attached to a spring strong enough to keep tense in the direction of the prevailing wind. Another rope attached to the first rope transmits the force to the pump to activate it with a spring to go back and another spring to dampen variations in the course of the rope.
The pump can be piston or bellows with suction and discharge valves (like a pump for air mattresses but smaller).

There are simple knot rope pumps used to pump and raise water from the well into a closed cycle pipe where this knot rope goes up the water (see FAO).
The rope pulled by the tree can be used to pull the pumping rope through a ratchet system always pulling in the same direction and allowing the return back.
We can take a rotary pump with the rope passing over a pulley to rotate it alternately.
You can recharge a battery with an alternator (such as a bicycle that the cord turns quickly) which turns a small electric pump.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

pumping wind turbine

by oli 80 » 11/08/10, 19:02

hello, here is a video of a small wind turbine pumping to water a garden for example

0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

small pumping wind turbine

by oli 80 » 28/06/12, 18:24

Hello, this is what I found http://une-petite-eolienne-de-pompage.over-blog.com/ in this link which is not mine, found in the comment of a youtube video,

you can build your small wind turbine, the explanations of the link are very detailed
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind pump

by oli 80 » 15/04/20, 23:24

Hello everyone, here is a video pump

and inside the cylinder

there are links for spare parts for this pump, it is grelinette which will be happy
0 x
Evaluation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: wooden pump

by Evaluation » 18/04/20, 00:34

oli 80 wrote:what amazes me is that this pump is completely underwater and wooden in addition,

Wood in water does not rot.
0 x