Lift pump siphon pump free water

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Lift pump siphon pump free water

by Christophe » 09/02/09, 17:10

To be stored next to the hydraulic ram and the "pulse pump" in ecological pumps using the energy of water to pump and unknown to the general public:

0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/02/09, 18:43

Here is a proof that the paper can be written

this thing will never work long without getting defused

it is exactly the same principle as the ramshackle, except that in the belier everything is under pressure, while the thing is in depression and there will always be dissolved air in the water that will be released and will defuse

the explanation of the kind: it avoids the long pipe of the harrow is without interest: nothing prevents to roll up this pipe if one lacks space: but in general the length of the hose of the harrow makes it possible to look for a higher unevenness ...

this tower seems to me the worst of the bad solution
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

siphon pumping

by oli 80 » 10/02/09, 16:37

hello, I see that people find more negative points than positive on this kind of devices, water loss at the pulse valve on the hydraulic ram, power loss of the siphon lift, I would rather look for On the positive side of these machines, no paid energy consumption, these systems are almost useless because no gear or very complex mechanics, the hydraulic ram, the lift siphon and the pulser pump, can be used in regions without electricity, developing countries, etc, moreover they do not require almost no maintenance, an electric or thermal pump neccessitent them by cons a regular maintenance, so you choose
Last edited by oli 80 the 01 / 03 / 09, 18: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: siphon pumping

by oli 80 » 01/03/09, 17:45

oli 80 wrote:hello, I see that people find more negative points than positive on this kind of devices, water loss at the pulse valve on the hydraulic ram, power loss of the siphon lift, I would rather look for the positive aspect of these machines, no energy consumption paid, these systems are almost useless because no gear or mechanics, the hydraulic ram, the siphon elevator and the pulser pump, can be used in regions without electricity , developing countries, etc., moreover they do not require almost no maintenance, an electric or thermal pump neccessitent them by cons against a regular maintenance, so you choose

hello, here is a link with photos of the siphon, more in this village an association would like to return the siphon elevator in working order, it would be feasible if there were people who would be interested, http://www.patrick-remusat.fr/siphon_elevateur_lemichel

you see what this device looks like in real life and not only in image or sketch, this link is already used on another subject of the siphon
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... hGNLFo.pdf
as I understand it can draw with this device, provided that the end of the discharge pipe is lower than the point of drawing, this installation is feasible with a source underground water is sucked by gravity siphon and a part of the water is again rejected in this underground source, the mechanics is on the surface
Last edited by oli 80 the 27 / 03 / 10, 11: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
Mido66
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mido66 » 19/05/09, 14:59

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/06/10, 15:05

St Pons la Calm is worth a visit by passing near Avignon.

This pump seems efficient, 75% yield, well adjusted, as good as the chain waterfall to electricity to pump !! .

The ram at the top of the siphon blocks the rapidly circulating water by raising the pressure by inertia to get out by anti-return valve (and therefore no air intake at all by depression) and the membrane regulator resonator after it avoids excessive depressions and shocks (cavitation) and ensures the rapid reopening of the ram valve. This valve is adjustable by external counterweight.
This pump on the videos of St Pons, well rusty could walk again, if the rust is not excessive, stripping and remaking damaged parts or missing, which is difficult.
The flow of 60m3 per day was important !!
Now energy costs nothing next to work and so everything has changed, the least maintenance is much more expensive than the energy of an electric pump!
Result we use more this type of ecological pump.
The work of rehabilitating it is important, so a smaller version would work at low speed ??

0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

lemichel siphon

by oli 80 » 04/06/10, 17:38

hello, in fact this system should also be rehabilitated, because as it is said that the maintenance of this device is almost minimal a little like the ram, I 'm unaware if it can provide water under pressure, I think that yes, there is a pdf to read higher up in the subject, it is jcv which managed to obtain it from the association of st pons the calm patrimony

I do not know if there are other than st pons, otherwise they would be the only two models in France or the world

I think that at the lodge of manse they would be interested in this device of the more if there are plans even old one could conceive a siphon elevator, more in the world there are more in more manufacturers of rams can be levied on the small regis site so it must be in their ropes
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Siphon lift pump, free water pumping

by oli 80 » 15/12/16, 21:46

Good evening, unearthing an old subject
here is a patent for an improved version of Lemichel siphon lift https://www.google.com/patents/US645528

and a version tested in video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufPYjQwkF8I

Here is proof that this device has not been totally forgotten
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 16/12/16, 11:52

Hello . I am the amateur manufacturer of the device presented by Oli 80. I did some tests on the siphon elevator, and on the rams siphoides. I was inspired to make these machines of the siphon, Lemichel, the ram Gelly, the ram Bruyère / Arsac. All these machines have not met with great success. Only the ram remained. Recently, an English manufacturer has just put a siphon elevator for sale. He has only slightly modified his ram that he has been making for a few years. A resurrection of the lift siphon? Why not !!!
These machines are very interesting, full of lessons for lovers of these old inventions. Between 1850 and 1900 there were many patents filed. Serious and "crazy" !!! By taking the time to search, we can find traces of these patents on the internet. They are often in English ... To find these documents, you have to be imaginative while searching with the names of the manufacturers such as: Durozoi, Decoeur, Lemichel, Gelly, Bruyère / Arsac etc ...
Cordially .
Didier
0 x
Joe Flachy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Joe Flachy » 04/07/22, 13:15

Hello, I'm digging up this topic with an idea:
would it be possible to use a thermosiphon to make an elevator siphon work and thus pump water thanks to a temperature difference?
Here's the schematic I'm thinking of
Capture d’écran_2022-07-04_13-14-04.png
Screenshot_2022-07-04_13-14-04.png (26.52 KiB) Accessed 5391 times
0 x