Natural garden

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Natural garden

by Ahmed » 08/06/22, 22:28

I took advantage of the weak development of the two rows of green beans to gently intersperse a piece of radish comb: its rapid growth will allow its harvest before hindering that of the beans. The tools on the right of the image are those used during this operation: the "gibinette" (in the middle) which was offered to me (by the person who is at the origin of its creation) and which I use constantly, here to draw a very straight ray*, then the small rower that I use to deepen the previous furrow (it is quite useless for radishes, much more suitable for beans, but it clearly marks the location of the seedling before emergence) and the press wheel** which compacts and evens out the bottom of the furrow, which is important for small seeds; I covered the seeds with compost station compost to drain my old stocks and plumbed with the rake held vertically...

* I'm not a big fan of alignment, but it's a great help for later operations (especially weeding), so... : Wink: I made a great competition line that makes things easy for me: I'll have to show you that... :P
** A front wheel of an old wheelchair fixed on a clevis, itself welded to the end of a metal tube. For those who have very large lines, a bicycle would be perfect in this respect and it was commonly used in the area...
IMG0099A.jpg
IMG0099A.jpg (469.87 KB) Viewed times 2073
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/06/22, 14:48

Hello !
A little parenthesis that will be short...
You wondered recently if the quality of your photos had improved.
I took the liberty of looking at the EXIF ​​for one of them, here it is:

57DE7D46-838C-4F31-ABAD-7CCAD9FACB77.jpeg
57DE7D46-838C-4F31-ABAD-7CCAD9FACB77.jpeg (249.48 Kio) Consulté 2023 fois

If it matches, your camera is a Canon AE and I think it should be possible to adjust “white balance” :?:
“WB” button for “White Balance” as follows: https://youtu.be/z_9S6n6xFeU
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/06/22, 20:30

I had a small Japanese device, but recurring battery problems dissuaded me from continuing and I fell back on a small portable which, in addition to phoning (but to whom? : Mrgreen: ) allows you to take photos, but with few adjustment possibilities, unlike my old camera. However, the unavoidable advantage is that I always have it (almost) on hand...
The quality of my photos is a little better, because I pay more attention to backlighting and light intensity.

In a completely different order of ideas, my garden will gain in surface area and I will share it with a friend who is much too cramped at home for his vegetable arrangements. It will be an experience of collaboration and sharing that will surely be very profitable...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/06/22, 18:32

From a great drought we went to a lot of water... it's an average although the plants don't like anything so much as regularity, but they appreciate it however... The carrot seedlings are therefore irregular, having suffered from the heat at emergence, despite my watering. Although I can't predict how spring 2023 conditions will unfold, I think it would be wise to sow a little deeper (between 1 and 2 cm) to avoid the surface drying out too quickly, which is the most limiting factor. This year. Putting the seeds in the freezer for 24 hours is also part of the program; I intend to significantly reduce the delicate duration of the lifting...

In a completely different field, here is a video that presents a tool to open a furrow in a mulch, which follows the ideas of Did. There are some good ideas, even if it's not completely finished yet. I had also thought about this subject and I saw it quite differently, but I have never yet moved on to the practical realization because of the modesty of my cultivated surfaces so far.
1 x