Heron's Fountain

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/04/10, 16:02

thanks for your interesting video

This is the video shown by Oli 80, not mine at all.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

hand drawn chart

by oli 80 » 30/05/10, 15:47

hello, here is a sketch made by hand of the permanent heron fountain, here this model is made with the least amount of pipes, fixing the two tanks one with the other, in short as in all damaine it is necessary to do the most simple possible
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... gyr85x.pdf

I know that we can increase the pressure by having a larger tank than the other by using the principle of the hydraulic press, but here it is air I do not know which tank should be smaller and what must be bigger
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 30/05/10, 18:31

Hello

an easy experience to reproduce

jeff
Last edited by coucou789456 the 31 / 05 / 10, 16: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/05/10, 14:55

hello, here is a sketch made by hand of the permanent heron fountain, here this model is made with the least amount of pipes, fixing the two tanks one with the other, in short as in all damaine it is necessary to do the most simple possible
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... gyr85x.pdf

I know that we can increase the pressure by having a larger tank than the other by using the principle of the hydraulic press, but here it is air I do not know which tank should be smaller and what must be bigger

I'm puzzled, because I find it hard to realize how this sketch works to renew with the valves, antiretour (what sense) and how it respects Archimede to maintain operating pressures transmitted from B down to A at the top of your sketch to allow the repression higher.
How to evacuate the drain valve at the bottom of B, when B is full, given its direction and B empty initially must withstand the entry of pressurized water basin with a sense for this valve that allows the entry of water from the beginning.
Making the heron fountain perpetual is very difficult because we can not empty the bottom full at the end without taking it out of the water and it is necessary to refill the top one while allowing after its pressurization to be able to repress.
Make it automatic with that water is very difficult.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: sketch >>>>

by oli 80 » 31/05/10, 19:02

JCV wrote:Image

hello, actually jcv had explained everything at the beginning of the subject his scheme was with pipes and check valves, in short it may be that I am also confused with the pipes and check valves

something like "econology concurs:
realization of a permanent heron fountain "I am sure that if there would be more people at once, we should achieve something, we still have to be interested

the hand chart that I did is less explicit, I wanted to repeat the principle but differently, do not hesitate to share your suggestions, achievements and observation
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/06/10, 19:35

This diagram can not work because Archimede will impose the equalization of the pressures of containers at different heights by the filling tubes and block everything!
We must design an automation of valves and valves that do what we do at startup, with floats and valves of the style of what is used in the WC !!
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

permanent heron fountain

by oli 80 » 01/06/10, 20:16

good evening, in fact here we wanted to try to make this fountain of heron permanent, and use it as a pump system, which would fall into the category of hydraulic ram, siphon lift, pulser pump and others if there is, I I'm sure others in the past have already tried

but I think sometimes we have to resign ourselves and say that some things can not work even if we try to improve them, but hey I'm not saying that it's impossible
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/06/10, 01:52

to be more precise :
In B the overpressure coming from A will push the water into the siphon from the beginning, empty everything and never the air pressure will go up to C to repress !!
It can be automated, but by mounting valves or valves controlled by floats that open or close depending on the water level in B and C, similar to flush toilet WC with float that cuts off the arrival of water, so full !!! Here emptying B if full and filling C if empty, with in addition a hysteresis (second float) to allow the time to empty or to fill completely
It is possible without being dramatically complex and it will work, guaranteed!

Heron, 1940 years ago had almost invented the 1 blow machine to open doors!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A9ron_d%27Alexandrie
http://prof.carbon.free.fr/spip.php?article89
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/HeronAlexandria.htm
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/HeronAlexandria2.htm
In Pneumatica he describes a system of automatic doors opening when a fire is lit on an altar; the fire, heating a volume of water, created steam that set the doors of a temple in motion.

If the work had not been done by slaves, the industrial era would have started 2000ans earlier !!

I did not know this great historical fact:
It states the principles of light reflection, principles guided by the rule that nature always chooses the shortest way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_of_Alexandria
This principle, often called the Fermat principle, is still true, unchanged, and even more fundamental, in current scientific progress, especially in quantum mechanics where particles are also waves that explore all possible paths and histories and by interference take the most short way !!
It is a pillar of current science.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

set of valves

by oli 80 » 04/06/10, 21:55

Good evening, I think we can with a system of float valves type wc do something with, JC and I were convinced that it was simple but in fact it seems much more complicated
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Heron Fountain

by oli 80 » 28/07/19, 21:24

Good evening, here is a video of a fountain of heron esperimentale

for econhote, you can continue in this existing subject

good night
0 x