Heron's Fountain

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
sebastien4012
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sebastien4012 » 24/01/10, 18:47

Hello,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to replace an electric pump with a quiet system and incorporate all that into a liquid cooling system of PC (watercooling).

Yesterday I discovered the fountain of heron which allows to raise the water of silent way and I am falling on this very interesting subject. My research also allowed me to discover a system that allows to run water regularly.
http://www.wikidebrouillard.org/index.p ... onn%C3%A9e

Having no knowledge in all that is mechanical fluids and other fun I ask you your opinion on my idea.

What I would like to do is combine 2 systems.

First of all, could a heron fountain work up through different waterblocks? Which could be likened to tanks full of water.

Starting from this diagram:
Is a water clock that will regularly deliver water from the tank from top to B to circulate the water in circuit close indefinitely?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

fountain and water clock

by oli 80 » 24/01/10, 19:05

good evening, I do not know if this system can work in closed circuit, I do not think because of the air between two tanks, at the beginning I had the idea to try to make a fountain of permanent heron, of course jcv found something that could work, all the schemas are his, hoping that he will take a look at this topic
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 25/01/10, 11:20

Hello Sebastian,

to better understand your question, can you sketch your project?

what do you mean by water clock?

Have a good day
JC
0 x
sebastien4012
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sebastien4012 » 25/01/10, 14:42

I can not find a schematic diagram that would correspond to the water clock of this link: http://www.wikidebrouillard.org/index.p ... onn%C3%A9e
so it lacks detail on this side.

But in doing the diagram I realized that there should be a check valve so that the water goes back to the tank through the processor and not through the clock.
The valve could very well be replaced by a solenoid valve that would regularly fill the tank B in water or a system with float as in a flush that would fill the tank B only when it needed and cut itself.
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 25/01/10, 15:09

Hello Sebastien,

thank you for your diagram,

Questions :
if you want it to work in a closed circuit,
How do you drain the tank A when full?

how do you feed the upper "main" tank?

if your goal is to continuously pass water into the processor to cool it, a priori this system is not suitable,
you have to see something more simple and in closed circuit you will not be able to refrain from putting a pump,
0 x
sebastien4012
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sebastien4012 » 25/01/10, 21:16

I did not think about emptying A.

Putting water back in B would not blow the air out of A?

In my idea I would not need to feed the upper tank, I would make sure there is enough water.

In discovering the fountain of heron I thought I had to find a way to raise the water in need of pump but obviously it will not work. I had also been thinking of a system that would use the heat of the processor to bring up the water that would come down while cooling and so on but it should not work either.
I have more than fall back on a good old pump like everyone else. : Mrgreen:

Thank you in any case for your information.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 25/01/10, 23:52

sebastien4012 wrote: I had also been thinking of a system that would use the heat of the processor to bring up the water that would come down while cooling and so on but it should not work either.

it's called a thermosiphon and it works pretty well, but it's a little tricky to make it work properly.
For your case a pump is actually the best.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

dejohn pump newby

by oli 80 » 02/04/10, 12:13

hello, here is a pump that would look like the heron font
http://www.animatedsoftware.com/pumpglos/gljohnne.htm

have to see if we can create a hybrid between this pump and the heron fountain
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

performance of different systems

by dedeleco » 02/04/10, 22:37

All these fountain pumps use the energy of the descent of a body of water to raise another mass to the desired height.
Heron compresses air to repel water higher and therefore water is lost to compress that air.
The ram recovers the kinetic energy of the water to raise part of it, but sudden shocks and deformations cause energy to be lost.
The yield is therefore less good than any quasi-static slow system that recovers all the energy of falling water to raise another quantity of water requiring the same energy.
Thus a lever arm or paddle wheel that slowly raises water at the same time another quantity goes down will have the maximum yield because an axis has little frictional losses.

Oli 80 offers this type of pendulum:
hello, here is n trick to fight the birds, it seems that it is used in Indonesia, the water which flows towards the fields, for the irrigation also serves to operate this system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGLaTd264Dw
By replacing the balance hammer with a small tank full of water that empties in the high position, a simple pump with maximum possible yield is realized to raise water thanks to the energy of the water which comes down as a counterweight! !!
The rise height is adjusted by adjusting the length ratio of the two arms and by adjusting the ratio of the volumes of the two upstream and downstream water tanks in the opposite direction.
You can also put the piston of a pump in place of the hammer, paying attention that the energy required by the pump is just a little below that provided by the tank that goes down.
In my opinion, this type of simple system with slow movement close to static equilibrium has a maximum possible yield (the energy of the descending water is entirely used for the water raised with little loss in the friction of the water. balance shaft), better than the ram (loss in shock) and the Heron system compressing air to lift water (losses in the compression of the air which requires an excess of water volume) .
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 03/04/10, 09:13

Hello Dedeleco,

thanks for your interesting video,

indeed this system can actuate a piston pump,
it looks like the subject "tantalum arm pump"
https://www.econologie.com/forums/pompe-a-br ... t8107.html

each system has qualities and defects, and has its own limitations, mandatory adaptation depending on the location and waiting of operators.

The fountain of heron has especially the advantage of having no parts
moving.

Good week-end
JC
0 x