Heron's Fountain

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 31/07/09, 22:24

Hello Oli,

ok i saw the private message and replied,

about evacuation, how to make sure that the flapper
do not fall too fast?

I wonder if a "flush" system as in
the toilet could do the trick?
with a float to shoot the hunt?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

flush

by oli 80 » 31/07/09, 22:39

Good evening, this system of flushing would be adequate, of course not the filling valve system, but the flush, in itself that instead of being manually operated it is a float that takes care, when the level of the water is high, moreover this system offers a very good waterproofness
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 31/07/09, 22:46

good evening Oli,

I'm looking for a diagram explaining the operation of a flush, would that have that?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

flush

by oli 80 » 31/07/09, 22:58

yes it 's a flushing system, but the part of this hunt that interests us is the part where the water is poured into the bowl, except that it must be operated by a float, more like I said the watertightness is perfect with this system, if we would have used a ssimple check valve modified with a float rod, it could work but the problem is the tightness

I wonder if the flush would withstand the "fill and drain" cycles of tank B
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 08/08/09, 16:49

Below is the diagram with a flush, we can also imagine replacing the flush with a poppet emptying (washbasin emptying style or strainer valve) but there it is necessary that the tank "goes up" or down to activate the opening of the valve, the foot of which would come up against a lower obstacle
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

emptying system

by oli 80 » 14/08/09, 18:51

hello, I still specify that for the tank up and down, it is necessary that the pipes are flexible, so that it is possible it would be necessary to put this tank on springs, when the tank fills the springs compress, and the valve s activates, when it empties the springs relax and can fill again, the valve closes
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 15/08/09, 20:27

What do you think about the dimension ratio between tank B and C?
in fact, is it possible to obtain a "hydraulic lever" effect with different dimensions at the level of the surface in contact with the air? perhaps it is more judicious to have the tank B rather vertical and the C rather horizontal to "multiply" the pressure?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

pressure improvement

by oli 80 » 16/08/09, 14:15

hello, I think this idea is good, and say that I had already imagine that having the tank B greater than C would improve the pressure, in revenche what jcv offers I had not thought, tank B vertical and horizontal tank C to increase the pressure,

if you have any ideas do not hesitate
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

padawan's review

by oli 80 » 23/08/09, 17:26

hello, we welcome padawan's advice on our upgraded heron fountain system, see if we could put it all into practice, because of your knowledge about these pumps
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

hydraulic lever principle

by oli 80 » 11/09/09, 18:14

hello, to understand the principle of hydraulic lever which jcv spoke here is a link http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presse_hydraulique

with the help of a small piston one can exert a large force on a big piston, but the small piston must move 100 mm so that the large piston moves only 10 mm as explained in the link, c is why there are several small pistons coupled to have the force necessary to actuate the big piston

it is this principle that one tries to apply to the fountain of heron, either the tank B must be long and of small diameter for ex, or it must be compartmentalized, a little like the small coupled pistons which exert a force on a large piston, the tank C the one that represses the water which can be of greater capacity
0 x