Heron's Fountain

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: sketch >>>>

by oli 80 » 27/07/09, 18:27

JCV wrote:Image

and here is the heron pump, a version of the fountain converted into a pump, you just have to find the material, build it and test it, with the diagram above, if you have a stream near you, it's doable, it is sometimes by improving something that already existed that the result obtained can be revolutionary
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 27/07/09, 19:39

Hello Oli,

thank you for confirming the aspiration of the coffee jar siphon pump.

Indeed I have not found any other diagram for the fountain of Heron,

the lifting siphon is a little "cousin":

Besides, I am convinced that we can manage to do something with it,
for the moment its operation seems to me to be a compromise between a siphon and a ram therefore relatively delicate to implement,

I will post a sketch to have various opinions on a simpler operation of the lifting siphon.

the "Heron pump" requires a large drop nearby, the lifting siphon seems to be able to operate with less drop.

If someone has a more detailed sketch of the Siphon Elavateur?
because I have found nothing better than what is already on the forum.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

lifting siphon

by oli 80 » 27/07/09, 21:56

good evening, it’s true that what’s on forum is unfortunately all there is on the net, I have contributed to this research, as well as others on forums, but the two links are that of cnum cnam, and of a village which has two siphons of which we can see photos, there is the site of the ER club which evokes this siphon, the site http://rpetit3.club.fr/belier.htm which also evokes other pump systems in the genre of the fountain, the ram, the siphon, if you want you can put your diagrams on the subject of the siphon

I also asked Régis, by email, the link of which is in this message, if this system could work, he tells me that soon you have a source or a stream and a well nearby, to put the tank B so it confirms what you said, the head is equal to the depth at which tank B is located (in the well) I always wondered why there are often wells near streams and springs
0 x
small small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small small » 30/07/09, 19:49

I have not yet analyzed all the emails on this subject "fountain of the heron", but here is a piece of information that I found:
As explained in http://we152.lerelaisinternet.com/AMSLL ... c120880969, the height of this pump (zS - zP) relative to the bowl C is limited to the distance (zQ - zR) separating the two tanks A and B.
If there is a well next to a supply source (by placing the reservoir B at the bottom of the well), we can in theory therefore raise the water from this source to a height of the depth of the well.
On the other hand, the operation stops a priori as soon as the water has filled the reservoir B.
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 30/07/09, 20:24

Hello,

concerning tank B,
it turns out that it is necessary that its closure,
when filling, be well assured,
the "tantalum siphon" is in my opinion not "powerful" enough
we will have to think of another system (a valve?)

a system with controlled solenoid valves seems
obvious, but it makes more sense if we find another
more ecological and natural system
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

float valve system

by oli 80 » 30/07/09, 23:51

good evening, you said that the "tantalum siphon" may not be very powerful, so a valve at the bottom of the tank which is actuated by a float, knowing that this one only opens the valve at one level of water reached, it is necessary that the tank B is completely empty, and as soon as the level is lower than the float the valve closes thus the movement of water is maintained in this tank B

if you have other ideas to replace this "tantalum siphon", do not hesitate to let us know, for the renewal of the air I had already spoken about it at the beginning of this subject, to avoid repeating myself , moreover this tantalum siphon "causes air loss
0 x
small small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small small » 31/07/09, 09:27

How does the siphon work knowing that the upper part of the tank B is not in the open air?
And what is the connection between the two tanks above?
In short, a detailed explanation of the operation, step by step, would help to understand.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

reservoirs

by oli 80 » 31/07/09, 10:57

hello, in fact this fountain is permanently supplied from this tank A therefore this system also has a loss of water which was supposed to be done by this siphon of tantalum and water is discharged by the normal pipe as on a fountain of heron, but good supplies the two tanks with water from the one at A to obtain permanent operation

to find out more, ask jcv who proposed this scheme
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 31/07/09, 13:41

Hello little one,

indeed as Oli specifies, the tank A is permanently supplied that could be a source or a river,

then we use the air pressure in the tank B
to raise the water from tank C,

according to the principle of the Heron fountain:
http://we152.lerelaisinternet.com/AMSLL ... c120880969,

for proper and permanent operation, you must be able to
drain tank B when it is full:
- either a vent will be used to supply it with air or the "air return"
by its connection with the tank C is sufficient
- and to empty it you have to find a simple and effective way because
in fact the "tantalum siphon" cannot be used, the water being
also pressurized and propelled by its conduit,
either a valve controlled when the tank is full or
a timed solenoid valve or with a contact,

all comments and suggestions are welcome
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

air intake

by oli 80 » 31/07/09, 19:00

hello, for the vent I would have found a solution, as I specified at the top of this subject, an air intake venturi, like those found in aquarium stores, or so the toilet flush valves with an air intake, for the evacuation of water a float valve, otherwise after testing the system should work

for jcv, did you read my private message, you will find interesting links
0 x