Ficus Benjamina: yellow leaves or yellowed and falling

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Tiboshadow06
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tiboshadow06 » 02/02/09, 20:10

Exact but ficus is also a source of allergies, it is good for formaldehyde certainly but it is not the only one, I have an areca, kind of palm tree, it gives an exotic touch (in + I live in PACA region so it does : Cheesy: ) and not only does it clean up but it is also harmless so it has its place in a room.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/02/09, 20:26

Christophe wrote:This remark astonishes me: on the contrary I thought it was a purifying plant for various indoor pollutants (themselves sources of allergy precisely)?

It is not incompatible !!!

An allergen is a problem only for those who are allergic! CF for example peanuts or milk or gluten (bread) ... It's excellent, unless you're allergic !!!

And indeed, like the products mentioned, ficus is often the cause of allergies ... this is not a reason to be wary of it when you are not allergic. This remains over the counter !!!
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 03/02/09, 15:34

Hello,
Ficus trees generally change leaves when they are changed in the growing medium, this is particularly true when they come from growing greenhouses. (store too)
It also happens when we bring them in after having spent the summer outside.
You don't have to worry too much, it's not "fatal" especially if it only happens once or twice a year.
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ibis. » 03/02/09, 21:01

I also think that like all green plants, they purify the air of a lot of toxic molecules. Latex may be allergenic, but you will quickly notice if this is the case

About

Ibis wrote:If it is only the leaves downstream of each branch that turn yellow, it is usual on the divas that are these ficus

I meant of course UPSTREAM, the closest to the trunk. You will of course have corrected yourself. 8)
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

ficus

by tigrou_838 » 04/02/09, 11:55

hello, great this discussion on plants, I just recovered a ficus for two weeks I have me, just a few small yellow leaves following the change of house.

I just saw that there may be small allergic problems may be following the ficus, and I wonder about my ficus exotica.

for me I don't see the difference with the benjamen. oops not good ortografe.

could someone tell me a little more about the risks and the differences.

thanks in advance to the green plants pro.

tigrou
0 x
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ibis. » 04/02/09, 20:24

Is it rather a ficus elastica, or gum tree? http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr&q= ... a=N&tab=wi
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 04/02/09, 20:50

Grelinette wrote:Yellow leaf! ... it would not be just a liver crisis? : Mrgreen:

Ben if he sprinkles with its fund Rochefort 8, it is quite possible ...
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/09, 01:10

Gregconstruct wrote:Ben if he sprinkles with its fund Rochefort 8, it is quite possible ...

Oh no ones there I warn you especially for you this spring !!

0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

ficus

by tigrou_838 » 05/02/09, 11:27

hello, well no, it's not an elastica, it's an exotica, and no matter how hard I look, I don't see the difference with the youngest.

it is sure that if I sprinkle it with the rochefort8, I think that after two or three cassiers I will see much more.

although with whiskey cream the result may be better.

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/09, 11:28

Is this an invitation request to the mézon? : Cheesy:
0 x