Which fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Re: Fast growing plant in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 cubic meter of wood per year?

by Christophe » 05/01/22, 01:44

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:50 mm some willows that I have here do it in 3 years without worry (diameter at the base we understand each other) ...

Yes, diameter at the base, but it is difficult to cut the base alone without recovering wood of 40,30 or 20 mm ....
Forget it, it doesn't matter (at least for me!), But a cubic meter of logs of 80mm or more does not do the same service in a stove as a cubic meter of "kindling" of less than 50, even if the power calorific is the same, that's just what I wanted to point out.

Why do you think I mentioned equivalent stere? : Cheesy:

In a stove, there is no difference (or almost) for equal mass between split logs of 50 cm and branches of 50 mm ...

Storing and supplying the fire is more difficult with 50 mm ...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fast growing plant in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 cubic meter of wood per year?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/01/22, 02:39

No, but with him, you're not done drooling, Tophee. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 05/01/22, 10:08

How about bamboo?
https://forums.futura-sciences.com/habi ... ambou.html

If you have willows, do you have water? So bamboos, could that be interesting?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/01/22, 11:35

Bamboos are a scam: it's hollow! : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 05/01/22, 11:44

I know, but it really grows a lot!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/22, 12:39

Rajqawee wrote:If you have willows, do you have water? So bamboos, could that be interesting?

Ah bin of water I have a lot since I have a stream (see photos)!

I had planted miscanthus here (not far from the bamboos ... I imagine):

Without much success ...

Otherwise I have knotweed ... but it's crap to heat ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/22, 12:40

Ahmed wrote:Bamboos are a scam: it's hollow! : Wink:

Knotweed too!

Apart from lighting for the barbecue it's not worth anything ...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/01/22, 13:26

Ahmed wrote:Bamboos are a scam: it's hollow! : Wink:

You just have to fill them with paper pulp ... : Wink:
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/01/22, 19:24

And silly question, a tree from which one in every two branches is cut, doesn't it remake more shoots the following year, than a totally shriveled tree?
Because the clean cut, it delays the growth well in the spring.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/01/22, 19:57

This is far from being a silly question! The regrowth capacity of a plant depends both on its root reserves and on its solar collectors which are used to accumulate these stocks, but obviously the chronology is not the same. This is why a young forest stores less co2 than an old one ...
On a partially amputated tree, one can hope to play on both sides, but the distribution between the old shoots and the new ones is difficult to estimate. It varies according to several factors, including the inclination of intact branches; this point greatly influences the distribution of the sap. If you rather keep horizontal carpenters, you will have a large production of very vigorous gourmets; for a fairly homogeneous distribution from an angular point of view and with a vertical tendency, it will very likely be observed a redistribution favorable to the branches in place. Eventual fruiting is also a process which "pumps" energy to the detriment of wood growth.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."