Which fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by Christophe » 11/01/23, 11:27

There were willows and fir trees of +10m at this place (which were cuic cuic!!)...no worries...

A small low wall is not a house foundation wall either, huh...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by phil59 » 11/01/23, 21:44

Christophe wrote:There were willows and fir trees of +10m at this place (which were cooked cooked!!)...no worries...

A small low wall is not a house foundation wall either, huh...

Yes of course, but it's only a matter of time.

This little low wall must be 50 years old, and the trees, about as much.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/23, 22:59

Mine I cuic cuic well before 50 years….
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/23, 13:03

Interesting, the morphology of trees according to altitude:

trees_altitude.jpg
trees_altitude.jpg (93.41 KiB) Consulted 1759 times
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/23, 15:07

The “construction site” is entering its 2nd winter, I am preparing a small comparative photo report for you after 2 years of growth (planting made in January 2022)...

The growth of some Robinia trees has been impressive (thank you Ahmed!), the largest plant is almost 5 cm in diameter, maybe even more, not yet measured (planted at around 2 cm maximum)

On the other hand, few aspen poplars have survived and those that are still there do not exceed the stem by 1 cm at their base...

Then the beavers came back a few weeks ago (see gardening/the-beavers-of-my-garden-or-almost-t17158-80.html ) to smash the last 2 planks...Game Over for them! :frown:

The strength of the project therefore lies more than in the Robiniers and it is off to a pretty good start...I would say!
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 06/12/23, 15:32

Faux-acacia is endless shit, but it's also magical.
The sting infects you like a cat's scratch, it cries the sap underneath in the spring a sticky honeydew, it pushes far away by the roots to lift 100kg stones to jam the gate and once dry the chainsaw spits sparks to cut it and the cut line is coal black.
It is heavy, dense, rot-proof, burns slowly with little ash.
: Idea:
I struggle terribly to get rid of it and it punctures too many tires but it's awfully good in donuts (the flowers).
And a big piece that doesn't fit in the stove is perfect for making a cat tree: they love the texture. Great construction wood but here it's more oak, ash and chestnut. Because it is possible to work them dry even though chestnut is super hard.
And faux-acacia is hardened steel.
It's easy to peel. It goes in droves. A beautiful brown above and a pretty green below and the trunk very white.
Against my house, the farmer runs the crusher over it because it has invaded from the river the land of the old uprooted vines
3 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 06/12/23, 16:07

I have 2 photos from October 2 and September 11.
A few months after grinding.
The field is covered with ash tree shoots and in the background the intense green is acacia.
Knowing that oak grows quickly, there is really no picture of how quickly acacia grows.
And the crushing I remember well: a basalt stone the size of a football went through my water tank : Shock:

IMG_20230911_195044.jpg

IMG_20231002_181149.jpg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/23, 18:35

I don't understand everything Manu (do you ever come down? : Lol: ) !!

But I agree! : Mrgreen:
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 06/12/23, 19:39

A 4*6cm 3k over-the-air keyboard with predictive writing helps but sometimes it bugs.

I went into the field. But in the photos it only looks like Al without the foliage, like a hare in dry grass.
There was a previous crushing last year and this was the second time. So these are regrowths from the base.
The acacia grows bushy to a minimum of 2 meters.
While the ash grows sparsely over 1 meter maximum.
In short: acacia is incredibly invasive.
I especially noticed that the wild boars had smashed everything everywhere to the point of making trails like me in motocross or Trial and it's been a year since I went there

IMG_20231206_162512.jpg

IMG_20231206_162611.jpg
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 06/12/23, 20:09

This is totally off topic but at noon I was asked if I was aware of the terrible accident between 2 cars as I passed a business that should have been open.
I went to the level of the frontal impact where there were engines on the road where people had to be extricated.
Apparently a drinks delivery man for the bars had thrown crates of red wine on each side of the road.
And this evening I learned that Nadine died instantly, her husband Philou is in a coma and the guy on the other side tested positive for narcotics.
It was like a second mother between 16 and 40 years old and unforgettable moments.
So tonight it's tough. And with a crying eye we no longer see much
2 x