Bushy plant fast growing against overlooked?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Bushy fast growing plant against opposite?

by Rajqawee » 31/01/22, 09:48

In fact, it grew well. But there's a 7-year gap between the two photos, right?

Ps: the house opposite is quite pretty I think, the opposite is really not that bad even in winter :) It's pretty your corner!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/22, 09:52

That's it Raj...

Let's rather say 6 years since the growth of spring and summer 2022 has not yet been done... (the photo of 2015 dates from the end of July 2015)

In short, it's not miraculous in 6 years, I said it above: this land is 30 cm of land and then embankment....on the other hand, beech grows quite well, I think!

It is over 3 m tall and has long been vampirized by the Elderberry (I pruned it heavily this winter)...

I have hazelnut trees near the creek which are the same age I assume (about 10 years old, come naturally) and are almost twice as wide/tall...you can see them on the subject of fast growing wood, on the right side of the shed: jardinage/plante-a-croissance-rapide-dans-un-jardin-pour-avoir-l-equivalent-de-0-5-a-1-stere-de-bois-par-an-t17079-220.html#p488123
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 31/01/22, 09:57

Yes that's it. So fast growing, must see. That said, it illustrates empirically what we are told: if you do nothing, it still grows!

I will put some pictures from home soon, to show the "mix" that I will use on my own face to face. In the previous list, I forgot the banana tree, which reaches considerable heights in a short time (but is also semi-deciduous). It may be limited to the southern half of France, however.

The hazel tree, I put one - bought, to have nice big hazelnuts to harvest -, I will put others - cuttings from the forest behind, to save money - it is a really multifunctional plant:
- view screen
-harvest
-aesthetic
-stakes (not very durable)
Last edited by Rajqawee the 31 / 01 / 22, 09: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/22, 09:58

Ah yes, I doubt that a banana tree will survive the Ardennes winters... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

ps: I added a bit to my previous answer.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 31/01/22, 10:00

Christophe wrote:Ah yes, I doubt that a banana tree will survive the Ardennes winters... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

ps: I added a bit to my previous answer.

Must see. A strategy can be to cut it short in October (like 50cm high) and cover it with a veil and/or mulch. That might be enough. I tried because I see plenty in the region, and a friend gave me rejections, so I thought why not.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/22, 10:01

Uh.. I had tested and none of my hazel trees (red or green) managed to take a cutting... are you sure it takes a cutting? : Shock:

I like hazelnuts too!
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 31/01/22, 10:10

Christophe wrote:Uh.. I had tested and none of my hazel trees (red or green) managed to take a cutting... are you sure it takes a cutting? : Shock:

I like hazelnuts too!

Yes, it can be cut, layered, etc. The best remains layering, from memory.

Here is : https://jardinage.ooreka.fr/plante/voir/341/noisetier

There is also the not too complicated option of recovering regrowth in a forest on an already bushy foot, roots included (we divide what)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/22, 10:53

Yes for the layering I noticed... : Mrgreen:

For the cuttings, weird that, at home it never started again...and yet I only did one test...including some in the greenhouse...Maybe the reds are not suitable for cuttings Or was I just unlucky? I did more tests with reds...by the way, look, sometimes it bugs: gardening / the-kind-as-is-wrong-and-done-for-gmo-t9639.html

This fall I tried to transplant a small one about 1m high...Impossible as the roots were extended or deep... : Lol:
0 x