Ecological and natural anti-mole bulbs, effective?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Ecological and natural anti-mole bulbs, effective?

by Christine » 30/01/08, 14:33

The garden of our neighbors is invaded by moles and until now they seemed to respect the limit of the property but for some days we have noticed some attempts of incursion. This is without a doubt the beginnings of a hostile takeover bid that should be launched in the spring.

I plan to buy repellent bulbs that we plant along the fence before that, I would like to know if you have already tested, if they are effective and if there are precautions to take.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/08, 14:50

1) Yeah, there are these dungs! You should do a little video (or photos) so it is impressive! We must have a great mole in the garden:

2) Interesting fact: when we had the sheep they did not come! (hence the effectiveness of anti mole solar with vibrations)

Like, moreover, in the field of the pony opposite it is the same: since he is in wintering there are dozens of "mole dung" ... while when he was in the field, only 3 or 4 mounds!

So I think that moles do not like the vibrations (or other? Urine for example ??) of these herbivores?

3) To solve our problem: I do not know what are these bulbs but we already talked about a plant (still forgotten its Latin name!) Which made a natural repulsive ray of a few meters (7 if I remember ) well...

What pisses me with bulbs is that it is not perennial usually ... I would prefer a perennial!
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 04 / 08, 15: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 30/01/08, 15:02

Christophe wrote:I do not know what are these bulbs but we have already talked about a plant (still forgotten its Latin name!) which was a natural repulsive ray of a few meters (7 if I remember) well ...

these are given for 400m2 for 9 bulbs: not bad!

Christophe wrote:What pisses me with bulbs is that it is not perennial usually ... I would prefer a perennial!

Nay! On the contrary, the bulbs are reserves for the following year. But it is true that the "DIY" tulip bulbs nowadays degenerate quite quickly and therefore they are often replaced.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/08, 15:19

I was not talking in m² but in m radius of 7 m is 3.14 * 7 * 7 = 153 m² per plant ... so better than the bulbs ...

But still need to confirm the info and find the scientific name ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/08, 15:35

Here I found the plant on the subject garden green :

Obelix wrote:For moles another solution is to plant "Incarvillea delavayi" . It is a pretty plant that blooms well and prevents them from coming in a radius of 7 meters about ....

Selective memory? :) I've been better at math than in Latin !! And considering the scientific name! Good deal of blah blah voila what is the plant in question:

Pink incarnated

Incarvillea delavayi

Family: Bignoniaceae
A beautiful perennial to make the moles flee, it is at least the virtue that one lends to one's roots. In any case, its approval in the garden is assured when we see the beautiful pink bloom appear between May and July. Its green bronze foliage forms a rosette from which the flower stalks start. It will enjoy the mountains in the sun, with a little shade if possible (...)

FEATURES

Height at maturity: 0,6 m
Width at maturity: 0,3-0,3 m
Origin: China
Climatic zones France: Mediterranean, Oceanic, Middle, Continental

Rusticity: rustic
Soil composition: normal, limestone, rich in humus
Soil pH: neutral, alkaline

Source: http://www.plantes-et-jardins.com/catal ... $1234$1002

In addition it's not ugly:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 30/01/08, 16:22

me the plant I used was "spurge"!

it puts a smell on such m² ...

I used the method, radical, of the piece of foot of roses with thorns put in the galleries: more a mole, on the other hand it is the rats which came to replace and to take the galleries of the moles!

Well, I prefer moles!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/08, 16:44

Lol of the rats! Nice home!

Fortunately you have not yet your house in straw !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Buy a cat !!

Good without laughing you can tell us more about your plant there?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 31/01/08, 12:07

no but that's when I was elsewhere in lcoation!

I have a big cat : Cheesy: and I leave more food trapped, I put the grain IN the henhouse, which is placed on stilts with ladder! -)

if not for the euphorbia, you find it everywhere, it's repellent all 3 or 5 m² something like that.
it's taupicide:
"
Ricin (and its by-products), Euphorbia lahyris (anti-mole spurge), plant strong-smelling bulbs (such as garlic, onion, Fritillary, ...) naphthalene, push an iron rod into end of which is a plastic bottle, etc.
"

look for euphorbia + taupe you'll see ;-)

otherwise the old people in the marshes use a kind of wind turbine made with 4 half plastic bottles which turn and strike on a sunken stake which transmits the vibrations which disturb the moles: there is also ............ .. especially for you christophe: the solar mole anit !!!!!! ; _) it stores the NRJ to then reproduce infra-sound "BOOM" that repels moles!
http://www.sedao.com/Default.aspx?mod=5&id=4140

if not the ecological anti-mole ie by "explosion" : Lol: :
http://www.detaupeur.com/

finally the old-fashioned trapping:
http://www.taupgreen.com/intervention-piege-taupe.htm
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/08, 12:21

1) it is frightful! I understand how it can be approved because it is not even sure to kill the mole ... unlike the poison ...

I was thinking of a prank at first ... there are only golf players who can use that!

Pov beast !! When is the driver version of 4x4? A little C4 in the pot ...

2) For solar in bellier apparently it works well, delnoram has one ... but not to be confused with the "ultrasonic" one which also exists I believe

3) Nothing beats a "natural" method! I think we will give the 3 plants a try if we can find them easily!

ps: finally all this confirms what I thought, the moles do not like the vibrations (normal ca destroys or damages their gallery ...) or their notorious reduction when there is a grazer in the garden ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 31/01/08, 12:46

I have the device that sends ultrasound into the ground.

It consists of a hollow aluminum post on which a PV cell sensor is placed. If you listen carefully, you hear the vibrations emitted.

it works by itself as soon as there is radiation (no battery). I do not know where I bought it and how much.

I use it around the mill I have in Cantal. There are wet meadows around, the moles are in paradise.

I am not sure of its effectiveness, because the peasant who rents the land is a champion of mole hunting: he expects a molehill formation with his pickaxe, and when it is there, he "plants" it .... every time it works. He must have radar, because it is very efficient.
Last edited by jean63 the 31 / 01 / 08, 14: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"